HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Meet the team night (was tonight) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=574082)

GKJ 11-18-2008 08:45 PM

Meet the team night (was tonight)

Who else was there and who did you get to see? I went to Kukkonen and Lupul to get my Kukkonen jersey signed and brought my Niittymaki jersey for the goalies, Vaananen and the coaches there there too, so I let them sign it.

Kukkonen was in a much better mood this year than he was last year and Ossi is a funny guy. He seemed surprised that I knew he played in Phoenix. :laugh:

We could only bring one thing at a time, so I told Marty that I'd bring his jersey next year and he said "I'll be here." Should I start a rumor that he will sign an extension soon? :sarcasm:

Kambo, I think I saw you there near the end but wasn't sure if it was you.

mm6492 11-18-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 16395775)
Who else was there and who did you get to see? I went to Kukkonen and Lupul to get my Kukkonen jersey signed and brought my Niittymaki jersey for the goalies, Vaananen and the coaches there there too, so I let them sign it.

Kukkonen was in a much better mood this year than he was last year and Ossi is a funny guy. He seemed surprised that I knew he played in Phoenix. :laugh:

We could only bring one thing at a time, so I told Marty that I'd bring his jersey next year and he said "I'll be here." Should I start a rumor that he will sign an extension soon? :sarcasm:

hahaha

E4: Martin Biron mentions being at Meet the Flyers next year. Extension likely."

CanadianFlyer88 11-18-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Awesome. Was Kukks surprised you had his jersey?

mm6492 11-18-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 16396097)

well 3 of them have been sold. His mom, his wife and GKJ

Terence Peterman 11-18-2008 09:04 PM

i'll ask the question everyone wants to know the answer to: how did the new jersey look?

uvegotafrendinpa 11-18-2008 09:04 PM

my wonderful girlfriend who is a penguins fan got me tix through craigslist and stood with me all night holding my jeresies and posters. I got carter (looked really bored, but I was in front of him when they put on the third jerseys and he was comparing the orange of the new ones to the orange of the old third jerseys i have having him sign and he looked confused), I then made my way to metro (i asked him if he like philly more than boston and he mumbled something back...) coburn seems cool and timonen who was cool enough to take a pic with me. Finally i made my way to Upshall and Jones. This way towards the end of the night and both were getting anxious to leave, they kept looking up in the line to see how many people were left. They were also checking out EVERRRRRY girl in line haha (Upshall started hitting on the girls infront of me). It was really cool and exciting, I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

uvegotafrendinpa 11-18-2008 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny (Post 16396326)
i'll ask the question everyone wants to know the answer to: how did the new jersey look?

really cool, i was about to place my order but i have compulsive spending issues....

IrishSniper87 11-18-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Marty re-signing would be good. I like him. He is a low-end #1 but he would be a top #2 if we were to bring someone better in. Oh well. I'm dreaming now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa (Post 16396345)
my wonderful girlfriend who is a penguins fan got me tix through craigslist and stood with me all night holding my jeresies and posters. I got carter (looked really bored, but I was in front of him when they put on the third jerseys and he was comparing the orange of the new ones to the orange of the old third jerseys i have having him sign and he looked confused), I then made my way to metro (i asked him if he like philly more than boston and he mumbled something back...) coburn seems cool and timonen who was cool enough to take a pic with me. Finally i made my way to Upshall and Jones. This way towards the end of the night and both were getting anxious to leave, they kept looking up in the line to see how many people were left. They were also checking out EVERRRRRY girl in line haha (Upshall started hitting on the girls infront of me). It was really cool and exciting, I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

Looks like Metro doesn't like his role here. Maybe he should play better. Timonen ROCKS!

I am not surprised Upshall and Jones looked bored, this is overtime in a way for them, and they are both young. Upshall sounds like a pimp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa (Post 16396523)
really cool, i was about to place my order but i have compulsive spending issues....

I am so close to ordering a 3rd Carter jersey it's unbelievable.

I can't really afford it, but I want it bad.

Miss Mess 11-18-2008 09:44 PM

LOVE the new jersey on Carter!! Great photo! :yo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa
(Upshall started hitting on the girls infront of me).

Goddammit, now I'm even more jealous I wasn't there. Grrrrrrrrr

bney7 11-18-2008 09:52 PM

The orange jerseys look awesome, can't wait to get one.

BillyShoe1721 11-18-2008 09:55 PM

Was there, went to Sbisa and Briere, Carle and Hartnell, and Knuble, Nodl, and Alberts. I'm not sure about the new jerseys, I think the orange might be a bit bright, but they will probably grow on me like the current ones did.

BeamMeUpshall 11-18-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa (Post 16396345)
(Upshall started hitting on the girls infront of me). It was really cool and exciting, I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

WOW I WISH I WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!

GKJ 11-18-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 16396097)

I saw another guy who is probably my age with a new black Kukkonen jersey, but I just said since I got his autograph last year I figured I should bring his jersey this year. He was just like "Cool." I know for a fact that there's at least two other ones out there.

Ossi was spacing out watching Scottie Upshall's cribs segment when I got to him, I had to like try to get his attention without being an ass. He was talking to a lot of people.

Sec201 11-18-2008 10:51 PM

I saw a lot of the players tonight, but who i was most impressed with was Sbisa. After seeing the earlier post about his fight in juniors with Schenn, i had to mention it. He said he was looking forward to the Toronto game and his big brother. He was so happy to be there as just a youngster. A very class act if you ask me. I also was standing in front of briere as he put on the new jersey and I have a pic of it. He was startled when they asked him to put it on and then asked the helper who gave it to him when they would be wearing them in a game. Simply put as everyone already knows....the 28th (black friday game).

I also got to see Alberts. I asked how he was doing with transition to Philly. He said Metro was really helping and he is finally getting used to Philly's system. He was a really genuine guy and I actually felt bad because I really did not think much of him in the beginning but I think he has raised his level of play.

Lastly I saw Randy Jones and asked how he was feeling. He said he was feeling good and can't wait to get back on the ice. He said maybe another 2-3 weeks (which i am sure you all know.)

All in all, a really awesome night. It's really cool to see the people behind the athletes you see on the ice!

flyersfan97 11-18-2008 11:07 PM

It sounds like you all had a really great night. I must admit, I am a bit jealous. And GKJ, if I were you, I would positively start that Biron rumor. ;)

GoneFullHextall 11-18-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

that jersey is freakin sweet.
:amazed:

dbr2 11-18-2008 11:30 PM

Sounded like an awesome night! Man, i wish i could of went. So getting a Richards 3rd Cant waitttt.

CanadianFlyer88 11-18-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

That jersey's awesome.

Carter's next on my list for a Flyers jersey; that might have to be the one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I know for a fact that there's at least two other ones out there.

This made me laugh. :)

DeadPhish5858 11-19-2008 07:29 AM

I wish i could have went, sounds like an awesome time.

And the jerseys look awesome.

kicksave27 11-19-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 16397218)

Looks like Metro doesn't like his role here. Maybe he should play better. Timonen ROCKS!

I am not surprised Upshall and Jones looked bored, this is overtime in a way for them, and they are both young. Upshall sounds like a pimp.

Saw metro and upshall at the ACDC show, Scotty had a hot blonde with him and was rocking out. Metro looked like somebody just shot his dog. Doesn't seem to be a personable kinda guy.

I wish the retros had the old flyer orange, which was more red, instead of construction vest orange, ah well. It'll be great to wear them on the road and see other teams fans who remember the 70's see those jerseys and have flashbacks to the mass beatings and have a worried look on their faces.

Kambo 11-19-2008 07:45 AM

Well I certainly made out better than last year. I would've gotten a lot more, but I stood in Gagne's line for an hour and a half. My list: Gagne, Parent, Nodl, Alberts, Knuble, Hatcher, Cote, and Gratton. Gagne and Parent were pretty nice, but they seemed really bored. Gagne kept getting up while I was waiting. I swear I never thought I'd get out of that line. Nodl, Alberts, and Knuble were all extremely nice, especially Alberts. I feel bad for knocking on him too now hahah. By the time we got done with that line though, everything was pretty much closed off, but the lady me and my friend were walking around with knows everyone so she got us in the Cote line. Unfortunately, no Cannon for me :(. I already had his jersey signed anyway though. And speaking of jerseys, I filled out the pre-order paper for a Richards third. I have no idea how much that ****'s gonna cost, but I know it's gonna be crazy trying to get one of those around Christmas. My mom yelled at me and said I should've waited to get it as a gift, so I just told her to give me the money and I'll give her the jersey to give to me hahah. Either way, I'll get my money hahaha.

Marty is pretty ****ing awesome though. The group I was with all decided to go to a bar afterward back in Vorhees, and me and my friend got there mad fast, but the other car with everyone else called us on the way. Apparently they saw Marty next to them at a light, and he pulled over for them and signed their stuff and took pictures. He said he was really sorry about how the night went, because a lot of people only got one or two autographs. They really do need to set that **** up better next year.

GKJ, I was looking for people but I didn't see anyone from here. It was probably me though. Although, I'm pretty sure I saw you at the end of the game on Sunday walking out.

IrishSniper87 11-19-2008 08:50 AM

I need Cannon to sign my Cannon jersey.

Since I'm not a STH, looks like its the Flyers wives carnival for me.

Kambo 11-19-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 16401142)
I need Cannon to sign my Cannon jersey.

Since I'm not a STH, looks like its the Flyers wives carnival for me.

The carnival is where I get Cannon to sign the third jersey. His is the only autograph going on that one. I'm salivating just thinking of it. Mmmmm........

IrishSniper87 11-19-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kambo (Post 16401227)
The carnival is where I get Cannon to sign the third jersey. His is the only autograph going on that one. I'm salivating just thinking of it. Mmmmm........

Do you wear jerseys once you get them autographed???

What if you spill **** on them??? Dry clean??

Kambo 11-19-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 16401242)
Do you wear jerseys once you get them autographed???

What if you spill **** on them??? Dry clean??

I still wear it. Luckily enough I haven't had any major spillage going on with it, and anything that does happen to find its way on there is easy enough to just wipe off with a wet towel. But yes, I'm assuming dry cleaning would be the way to go.