HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anything Positive ?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=574234)

Pr3Va1L 11-19-2008 10:49 AM

Anything Positive ??

So, is there anything good happening, this start of season?

Personally, I see:

-Tanguay and Koivu both like to play together. It shows. Both are happy and are finding each other on the ice.
-Latendresse is actually faster (too bad he doesn't use his speed...)
-Georges is great, playing with heart as usual. He literally fights to help and protect his good friend Carey Price, and has been our second most consistent D (right behind Hamerlik)

Come on guys, there can't be only dark spots? :shakehead

GoHabs20 11-19-2008 10:53 AM

last night=Price

that is all.

:cry:

A cup for the 100th season? we are going to be lucky to even make the playoffs if we keep playing like a bunch of ********************:help::shakehead

HabsHockey* 11-19-2008 11:03 AM

we're 10-5-2, be happy. You can't win 82 games.

7th Player 11-19-2008 11:03 AM

ti-vite 11-19-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead (Post 16401829)
we're 10-5-2, be happy. You can't win 82 games.

Agreed, however we have been outworked in alot of those games.

Work is the basis of playoff success.

There is time obviously to get things going.

Lone Rogue 11-19-2008 11:18 AM

Tanguay has been absolutely phenomenal on Montreal and proving exactly why Keenan made a huge mistake to devalue him.

Saku Koivu is proving once again that he is the heart and soul of this team.

Lang is producing quite nicely.

When this team finds an edge, its sharper than any other teams in the league.

Iwishihadacup 11-19-2008 11:43 AM

positives:

The players that want to stay within the organisation play good

Koivu Tanguay Latendresse Higgins Gorges Andrei K Sergei K Price Bouillon Hamrlik Lang

That is all

Lone Rogue 11-19-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16402298)
positives:

Koivu Tanguay Latendresse Higgins Gorges Andrei K Sergei K Price Bouillon Hamrlik Lang

That is all

Kovalev, Markov, Plekanec, Komisarek and Halak do not want to be Montreal Canadiens?

What are you smoking and who is your dealer?

Iwishihadacup 11-19-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rogue (Post 16402312)
Kovalev, Markov, Plekanec, Komisarek and Halak do not want to be Montreal Canadiens?

What are you smoking and who is your dealer?

Komisarek dont play these days

Kovalev is not playing like somebody that want a contract<

I forgot Markov lol

And Plekanec too

Halak is okay but i was refering to recent slump

MasterD 11-19-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16402298)
positives:

That is all

I like the guy just as much as the next guy, maybe even more, but Sergei isn't exactly playing great so far... Neither is Andrei.

goalchenyuk 11-19-2008 12:14 PM

we are scoring more goals at even strenght . I am sure that they will find a way to produce more during the PP at one point .

I like the contribution of Tanguay and Lang .

i prefer to see a slump at this time of the year , because they have the time to correct the things . I also think that a lot of the players thought that it was going to be easy this season . The slump will help them to realise that they can't just count on their talent to win the games , and they need to work .

i think that it's positive to see that we won a lot of game even if our first line didn't produce as it should . I just hope that Kovalev and Plekanec will explose very soon .

dutchy29 11-19-2008 12:37 PM

Lots of positives, just not in last nights game, except for Price of course.

Pr3Va1L 11-19-2008 01:07 PM

In the end it's pretty dumb because the only real problem this team is facing is the lack of hard work and team play...

It's not like there were 10 different problems, there's really just one, and it's the player's responsibility to show up every night.

Jiggernaut 11-19-2008 01:53 PM

Positives:

We're 10-5-2 after 17 games this year, while playing 'like crap'.

We were 10-4-3 after 17 games last year, and everyone was *****ing then about how bad we looked and were lucky to have that record at that point.

We finished 1st in the east last year.

Nothing to worry about.

Jiggernaut 11-19-2008 02:13 PM

http://habsinsideout.com/otherwing/ericengels/11198

Kosti46 11-19-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterD (Post 16402339)
I like the guy just as much as the next guy, maybe even more, but Sergei isn't exactly playing great so far... Neither is Andrei.

If some of our players could had finished better Sergei would have more assists.

Do you recall...in yesterdays game when Andre, Sergei and Lang came flying into the Canes zone on a 3 on 1? Sergei held the puck...looked...looked...drifted into the middle of the ice from the right side ...layed a perfect soft pass to Lang..for a wide open shot...and ...alas...Lang did not score. It was a beauty of a play however.

I love watching that kind of hockey from the Kosti bros.

Andrei showed us some wow moments as well. Love that hit he laid on someone. Knocked the other off his skates.

He had several good shots on goal. Hit the post once. Made some nice moves with the puck. He is fun to watch.

Lats looked inspired as well. Going to the net. getting some shots. Using his new speed. All on the 4th line too.

totalrecall 11-19-2008 02:29 PM

this is the perfect spot for us. We aren't first, nobody expects us to win. Then bam!!!

MathMan 11-19-2008 02:51 PM

When people say the Habs are turning into the Sens, I keep thinking of one rather crucial difference: goaltending.

Magic33 11-19-2008 05:13 PM

I think Gorges has been great. He's playing big minutes (I think he played 26 or so minutes the other day) and continuing to prove himself as a reliable dman.