HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Would You Let MacTavish Coach Your Team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=574359)

Mr.Prez 11-19-2008 03:38 PM

Would You Let MacTavish Coach Your Team?
 
Assume that MacTavish was fired last night and your team's head coach became ill all of the sudden this morning.

Would you be okay with MacTavish taking over? (Assume we're talking about as a head coach)

And, yes, we're only talking about the NHL, not the ECHL or a peewee team

razman22 11-19-2008 04:11 PM

I would. It's not Mactavish's fault that Lowe sucks and he's been stuck with low end talent. Every year the flaws on the Oiler Team are obvious and every year Lowe has done nothing to address them. You can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****.

oilers_guy_eddie 11-19-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razman22 (Post 16406820)
I would. It's not Mactavish's fault that Lowe sucks and he's been stuck with low end talent. Every year the flaws on the Oiler Team are obvious and every year Lowe has done nothing to address them. You can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****.

I'd phrase it a little more diplomatically, but basically yeah.

Wheatking 11-19-2008 05:04 PM

If the team you cheer for is built with a defense first mind set, there is no reason you shouldn't want MacT as your coach.

rebel diamond 11-19-2008 05:12 PM

Why when I could have Melrose? :sarcasm:

But seriously, no. You can blame the GM all you want, but a coach has to step up and shoulder the blame sometimes, and in this case a fair share of the fault more the recent bad seasons for the Oilers are on MacT.

Jimmi Jenkins 11-19-2008 05:14 PM

And Oilers fans hate of Craig MacTavish has reach a ridiculously retarded level, wow. Stop being stupid about this. If you don't like him as a coach, that's ok, but don't be stupid about the way you go about it.

therealdeal 11-19-2008 06:14 PM

Dude, the Flames are coached by Mike Keenan, of course I would take MacT.

TimeZone 11-19-2008 06:34 PM

No,hes a nerd

ESunlin 11-19-2008 08:05 PM

Nope. We have far better assistant coaches in Detroit.

I'm not a fan of MacT at all.

Cone 11-19-2008 08:06 PM

so the people that said no... what exactly would you do to not let him coach your team?

decadentia 11-19-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Roulette (Post 16409031)
No,hes a nerd

A nerd that has more balls than anyone on this forum.


http://img.search.com/f/ff/Mact.jpg


As for the question at hand, would I prefer him over John Stevens? Yes, hells yes.

Luongo2008* 11-19-2008 11:41 PM

I wouldn't.

Vomiting Kermit* 11-20-2008 12:52 AM

God no.

Michael Scott* 11-20-2008 01:04 AM

I'd rather have Nick Kypreos coach my team.

Jesus 11-20-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decadentia (Post 16411387)
A nerd that has more balls than anyone on this forum.

If the guy has more than two balls I'd keep him away from my team as I'm certain it would make some players uncomfortable having a mutant for a coach.

Tkachuk4MVP 11-20-2008 02:07 AM

As a Sharks fan I think you know my answer.

tony d 11-20-2008 08:03 AM

No, I think he's over-rated as a coach.

DG 11-20-2008 08:07 AM

Meh, he's not THAT bad.

dubey 11-20-2008 08:11 AM

No. Wilson is a 100x the coach MacTavish is.

Morris Wanchuk 11-20-2008 08:14 AM

I would take him.. as long as he doesn't try to drive the team bus.

I'm going to hell.

Jimmi Jenkins 11-20-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 16416999)
No. Wilson is a 100x the coach MacTavish is.

That's true look at all the playoff success he had with that amazing Sharks team.... oh wait.

Modo 11-20-2008 08:25 AM

Tippett > MacT.

No, from this Stars fan.

dubey 11-20-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 16417039)
That's true look at all the playoff success he had with that amazing Sharks team.... oh wait.

MacTavish's coaching record:

7 seasons
3 playoffs
1 advancement past the first round

Jimmi Jenkins 11-20-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 16417123)
MacTavish's coaching record:

7 seasons
3 playoffs
1 advancement past the first round

And if he had the Sharks team that Wilson had, he likely would have won a cup by now.

Duke Silver 11-20-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Jenkins
And Oilers fans hate of Craig MacTavish has reach a ridiculously retarded level, wow. Stop being stupid about this. If you don't like him as a coach, that's ok, but don't be stupid about the way you go about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 16417321)
And if he had the Sharks team that Wilson had, he likely would have won a cup by now.

What are you? His son?

You've said nothing worthwhile to actually debate why MacTavish is a good coach.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.