HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Zherdev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=574413)

kes20 11-19-2008 06:09 PM

Zherdev

As the most consistent scorer and arguably the most talented player on the team, is there any chance he'll get a shot on the top line with Gomez perhaps? He's leading the team in scoring, but is still on PP2 and hasn't really got a chance to play big minutes. He's usually playing 3-4 minutes less per game than Gomez, Drury etc.

Burlington Bomb 26 11-19-2008 06:14 PM

keep him with the line that he clicks with, no need to split 'em up.

NYRSchrute217 11-19-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR (Post 16408691)
keep him with the line that he clicks with, no need to split 'em up.

They haven't been clicking lately. Dubinsky and Voros need to get going.

Cherepanov 71 11-19-2008 08:39 PM

I would like to see

Naslund-Dubinsky-Zherdev

lehtonen06 11-19-2008 10:00 PM

Zherdev has been so so for me lately, he does make some explosive plays and i do belive that he is the best on the team as far as

stickhandling
passing
possibly shot (taking into quickness and timing)

so to me first of all he needs to get more time over all, he seems to have short shifts and it doesnt give him enough time to break out

and as far as whatothers have said

break him voros n duby up

or drop voros n throw dawes in there, thats a quick line who can shoot n pass would be positive n productive for all of them

hopefully things start to move up

silverfish 11-19-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lehtonen06 (Post 16413708)
Zherdev has been so so for me lately, he does make some explosive plays and i do belive that he is the best on the team as far as

stickhandling
passing
possibly shot (taking into quickness and timing)

so to me first of all he needs to get more time over all, he seems to have short shifts and it doesnt give him enough time to break out

and as far as whatothers have said

break him voros n duby up

or drop voros n throw dawes in there, thats a quick line who can shoot n pass would be positive n productive for all of them

hopefully things start to move up

Dawes shouldn't be thrown anywhere but the press box.

gravytrain6t 11-19-2008 10:11 PM

Zherdev and the playstation line is fine as far as I'm concerned. It's the least of our concerns. This team should be trying to figure out a way to keep pucks out of their own net while the other team is shorthanded. What ya say Coach Renney? Can we work on this?

we want cup 11-19-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 (Post 16413808)
Dawes shouldn't be thrown anywhere but the press box.

Agreed. He played with them tonight a bit and did nothing but get in Z's way.

beastly115 11-19-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 16413953)
Agreed. He played with them tonight a bit and did nothing but get in Z's way.

I saw that, too. Dawes was skating with the puck up the left side and Z went to the net. What does Dawes do? Skates it around the net where Z ended up going after not receiving any sort of pass/shot attempt. Even Sam sounded puzzled. "Dawes skates the puck up the left boards, Zherdev in front, and.. they both... go around the net...???"

TheHotRock 11-19-2008 11:16 PM

i'd try him on a line with gomez with either naslund or korpikoski on the other side. i also think he should get a look at the point on the pp.

dccuse 11-20-2008 07:53 AM

gotta keep em separated

i was a big proponent at the beginning of the year for matching zherdev with dubi. Now i take it back, Zherdev's handling prevents dubi from doing what he was becoming so good at doing... creating. I'd rather see zherdeve paired with a gritty center who doesn't try to do so much with the puck (drury) and give dubi a fast winger who's good both ways (sjostrom or korpi) and a grinding forward who can capitalize off his center's creativity (callahan)

and drtop voros down to the 4th line, this guy gets some luck goals but he would get the same on anyones line... doesnt take a skilled center for him to get garbage goals up front - then give sjostrom a chance to crack the daily scoring sheet, i think of all the guys he's earned it

dawes gomez naslund - would like to see dawes gone sooner rather than later, maybe give paranteau a chance although not on 1st line
sjostrom drury zherdev
Korpikoski Dubinsky Callahan
voros betts orr