HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   It's Official: The Boston Bruins look like... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=574464)

BigTimer* 11-19-2008 09:01 PM

It's Official: The Boston Bruins look like...

The 2007-2008 Montreal Canadiens.

I just watched their game against the Sabres, a game in which they scored 5 unanswered. They are playing in an eerily similar fashion to the way we played last season. Kobasew is playing like Plekanec, Bergeron like Koivu, Savard like Kovalev, Wheeler like S-Kost, Kessel like A-Kost, Sturm like Higgins, and Tim Thomas has a ridiculous save percentage. Most importantly, their defense GETS IT.

We'll see if this keeps up.

anarmandaleb 11-19-2008 09:04 PM

You forgot that part where they zamboni their biggest rivals 6-1.

Ross MacLochness 11-19-2008 09:04 PM

The 2007-08 Montreal Canadiens looked like a joke of a hockey team from the beginning of November until mid-December. At one point we were 14-12-5

Remember the Red Wings game where they came into Montreal and never let us touch the puck?

We got plenty of time.

Maximus Taylor 11-19-2008 09:05 PM

The Bruins are a good team. And very well coached.

HotPie 11-19-2008 09:10 PM

Maybe you forgot, but the 2007-2008 Canadiens were looking a lot like the 2008-2009 are right now.

Bruins4Ever 11-19-2008 09:11 PM

Friendly Bruins fan here. Guys, you can't get on your team like this. They proved at the beginning of this season they're a force to reckon with. I'm very confident it's gonna be a dogfight for 1st in the East between Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal and New York. It's early in the season, and your team isn't blow up ready or anything. Let's just look forward to a ridiculous game on Saturday. I'm very excited. :)

Hab-a-maniac 11-19-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness (Post 16412602)
The 2007-08 Montreal Canadiens looked like a joke of a hockey team from the beginning of November until mid-December. At one point we were 14-12-5

Remember the Red Wings game where they came into Montreal and never let us touch the puck?

We got plenty of time.

Actually it was just 14-10-5 and we looked like crap off-and-on right through to the end of December when we picked up points in the final 3 games of a 6-game road trip (W at Tampa, W at Florida- I was there!!! and OTL at Rangers). Then we came home and righted the ship with a decent January, a good February and a great March. All told, we ended the year on a 30-12-5 run (started off 17-13-5 sometime around late December, ended 47-25-10 and in 1st in the conf. though it should be noted that 104 pts. was the lowest pt. total to lead the conference since Boston did it with 100 in 2001-02, meaning it was the right kind of year for us to get to #1).

JustAHabFan 11-19-2008 09:13 PM

Last year's team worked much harder. Something is wrong with our team this year. No passion in playing the game. No cohesion between the players. We better turned around fast because every team in the Eastern Conference is playing better than we are (except Ottawa and Atlanta:)

nilan30 11-19-2008 09:13 PM

They are definitly firing on all cylinders right now and look pretty good.

JustAHabFan 11-19-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever (Post 16412742)
Friendly Bruins fan here. Guys, you can't get on your team like this. They proved at the beginning of this season they're a force to reckon with. I'm very confident it's gonna be a dogfight for 1st in the East between Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal and New York. It's early in the season, and your team isn't blow up ready or anything. Let's just look forward to a ridiculous game on Saturday. I'm very excited. :)

With the beating we received at the Garden, the Habs better be ready on Saturday. I feel pessimestic about the outcome on Saturday. It feel like there is some internal problem within the team. They are not playing for one another like last year. Each player do their own thing and the outcome is easily predictable.

Year 101 11-19-2008 09:23 PM

The Bruins weren't seen as Bottom dwellers. They have similarities but so do most winning teams... I think the Buffalo Sabres resemble our last year habs more. I think boston looks like the 2008-2009 Bruins they are an independant team.

Bruins4Ever 11-19-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAHabFan (Post 16412942)
With the beating we received at the Garden, the Habs better be ready on Saturday. I feel pessimestic about the outcome on Saturday. It feel like there is some internal problem within the team. They are not playing for one another like last year. Each player do their own thing and the outcome is easily predictable.

That's kind of a shame to be honest. Have the players lost any faith in Price at all do you think?

sheed36 11-19-2008 09:25 PM

The Bruins are looking very good right now and props to them but it is a very long season and they will have their ups and downs like every other team.They are on a nice run right now though with everything going their way....

DKH 11-19-2008 09:27 PM

Bruins fan and season ticket holder who has seen probably a 100 Bruins-Habs games live and by April 10 it would not suprise me if the Habs just wax Boston and vice versa. Since these teams draft from the same pool then we can expect alot of we kick your arse, you kick ours, a lot of inbetweener shootouts and one goal games.

Montreal has one heck of a team and I aint falling for the other night; it could be 6-1 Montreal in a few days and any sports fan been around enough should not be surprised by anything in sports.

This is one of the most anticipated games in along time- my kid has a youth hockey game that night and I'm going to miss the first two periods:cry:

sheed36 11-19-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever (Post 16413052)
That's kind of a shame to be honest. Have the players lost any faith in Price at all do you think?

I doubt they have lost faith in Price.He as done his job for the most part.If anything Price as probably lost a little faith in the team in front of him for their poor effort in most of the games this season......

DKH 11-19-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheed36 (Post 16413055)
The Bruins are looking very good right now and props to them but it is a very long season and they will have their ups and downs like every other team.They are on a nice run right now though with everything going their way....

bingo

BigTimer* 11-19-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness (Post 16412602)

We got plenty of time.

The fact that I listed S-Kost kinda hints that I was referring to the successful version of the 2007-2008 Canadiens.

This thread doesn't really have anything to do with the 2008-2009 Canadiens either.

anarmandaleb 11-19-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheed36 (Post 16413128)
I doubt they have lost faith in Price.He as done his job for the most part.If anything Price as probably lost a little faith in the team in front of him for their poor effort in most of the games this season......

This.

Bruins4Ever 11-19-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheed36 (Post 16413128)

Fair enough. But don't discount your team this early. As DKH said, I could very easily see this being a 6-1 win for Montreal. These two teams are always good for a nice throw down. It's a long season and the team will go through ups and downs (just like the Bruins are bound to do at some point), so don't sell the farm yet. All I can say is that I am very excited to get together with a few friends, have a couple of cold beers, some wings, and watch a ****ing sweet hockey game. :)

Canadian_Brewtality 11-19-2008 09:41 PM

funny, i thought the same thing earlier today

and then i had diarrhea
and then vomited.

:(

TroyM 11-19-2008 09:50 PM

This is a sad state of affairs when the only people who are positive about our team are BRUINS fans. I for one think we will mop the floor with them on Saturday, sparking a resurgence in the team. The B's are playing well right now, hell they are playing great, but I have absolutely no doubt we CAN take them down. Whether we will, I'm not sure, but I know I'm not going to bet against my Habs.

Hnidy Hnight 11-19-2008 09:57 PM

I streamed the Stock Exchange today, cause it's the only way to hear hockey talk around these parts. I think PJ's preachings is whats getting everyone worked up. He was slamming Kovalev, calling him invisable. His numbers don't look that bad to me though. I don't see him as much as PJ does, has he really been that disappointing?

anarmandaleb 11-19-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight (Post 16413650)
I streamed the Stock Exchange today, cause it's the only way to hear hockey talk around these parts. I think PJ's preachings is whats getting everyone worked up. He was slamming Kovalev, calling him invisable. His numbers don't look that bad to me though. I don't see him as much as PJ does, has he really been that disappointing?

Um. More.

Nashy 11-19-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight (Post 16413650)

Numbers lie.

Hnidy Hnight 11-19-2008 10:06 PM

PJ said the only way to get Kovalev to perform is a contract extension. If your management, you can't do that, it sets an aweful precident, considering like 8 more guys are becomming UFA's as well.