HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   DVD Box Set of Patrick Roy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=575154)

Pelle Lindbergh 11-21-2008 05:34 PM

DVD Box Set of Patrick Roy
 
If a box set is released one day, which matches should be included ?

GoneAway 11-21-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle Lindbergh (Post 16440710)
If a box set is released one day, which matches should be included ?

I doubt we would ever see a boxed set...perhaps a DVD.


I wonder who would get the royalties from something like that?

Pelle Lindbergh 11-21-2008 05:46 PM

should be on it on the first dvd (85-86)


His first match (vs Winnipeg, 1985, only third period)
His first shutout (vs Winnipeg, 1986)
1986 vs Rangers in the series, the famous match in overtime

totalrecall 11-21-2008 06:15 PM

i like you thread title... at least its not ''preorder now''

HabsoluteFate 11-21-2008 06:35 PM

a lot of people will hate me for this but his last game in a habs uniform against Detroit...

His first game as a Hab in the regular season and playoffs...

His first and last game as a Colorado player...his first game against the habs

One Man Rock Band 11-21-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate (Post 16441471)
a lot of people will hate me for this but his last game in a habs uniform against Detroit...

His first game as a Hab in the regular season and playoffs...

His first and last game as a Colorado player...his first game against the habs

PLEASE!!

I would love to see Andrew Brunette dance around the entire team and then Roy again. :)

HabsoluteFate 11-21-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 16441547)
PLEASE!!

I would love to see Andrew Brunette dance around the entire team and then Roy again. :)

lol

i only picked the game because i figure it was a "good" milestone in his career

Tricolore#20 11-21-2008 07:22 PM

If they did release it, I'd buy it since the Roy's Canadiens were the team I grew up with.

Perhaps one of the finest games I saw Roy play for the Habs was that game in 1994 playoffs (Game 5?) against the Bruins where Roy came back from appendicitis and won the game in OT. I believe Muller scored the winner in OT.

optimus2861 11-21-2008 09:10 PM

^ 60 saves, IIRC.

Game 5 vs Quebec in 1993, where he took the slapshot to the shoulder, left the game, got it frozen, came back, and the Habs won in OT.

He had an early-season shutout against Chicago in 88 or 89, somewhere around there, where he made a ridiculous diving stick save to preserve it in the third period.

While it's not a Canadiens game, game 4 of the 96 finals, the 1-0 quad-OT win against the Panthers. Vanbiesbrouck actually made more game-stealing saves in that one, but Roy matched him save for save.

Games 6 and 7 against the Devils in 2001. The only time he & Brodeur went head-to-head in the playoffs.

Shadyone33 11-24-2008 03:16 PM

I'd like to see the final game in each year he won the cup. I bought these games on DVD from a site, but most of them are U.S. broadcasts and not the CBC broadcasts that I actually saw the games on. I'd also like the game he had appendicitis out. I wouldn't mind having the interview where he mocks JR and his retirment where he mentioned that he wasn't scared to face any shooter.

Dick Whitman 11-24-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optimus2861 (Post 16443804)
^ 60 saves, IIRC.

Game 5 vs Quebec in 1993, where he took the slapshot to the shoulder, left the game, got it frozen, came back, and the Habs won in OT.

He had an early-season shutout against Chicago in 88 or 89, somewhere around there, where he made a ridiculous diving stick save to preserve it in the third period.

While it's not a Canadiens game, game 4 of the 96 finals, the 1-0 quad-OT win against the Panthers. Vanbiesbrouck actually made more game-stealing saves in that one, but Roy matched him save for save.

Games 6 and 7 against the Devils in 2001. The only time he & Brodeur went head-to-head in the playoffs.

Best game I've ever seen him play too. I believe it was his first game back after an 8 game suspension for slashing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.