HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Jordin Tootoo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=575296)

OneSharpMarble 11-22-2008 04:57 AM

Jordin Tootoo

I am just curious about him, I have seen highlights and he seems tough as nails but I havn't seen him play and there is rarely anyone talking about him. What do you guys think about Tootoo, what kind of role does he play on your team, what would you be willing to take in trade from him those sorts of things.

I think he would be a good fit on the Habs and give them some grit and tenacity they lack.

DManPreds11 11-22-2008 05:18 AM

I don't think you want a "marked" man that can't play his game becaue of it. I like Tootz and wouldn't want to see him go because he's the only one left that can fight. He's a high energy guy that loves to hit, some say "cheap" but here in the last season or so he's kept his game pretty clean. Everytime he delivers a hit teams look at him like he's "taking a run" at their player, so he can draw some penalies there to make up for the ones he takes.

worstfaceoffmanever 11-22-2008 05:28 AM

Tootoo would be a hell of a hockey player if he had any offensive or defensive instincts. He's got a wicked hard shot, but he doesn't use it properly. Almost every time he takes the puck into the zone, he stops at the top of the circle and cranks a slap shot, which usually results in the puck being turned over and a complete waste of possession.

He's still valuable to this team though, as a pest who can draw penalties and is capable of holding his own in a fight. He can be an enforcer in a pinch but shouldn't be expected to hold that role for a long period of time at his size. He does come under a lot of scrutiny from refs after his cold-cocking of Robidas and either his game is suffering because of this or because he wants to become a more complete hockey player that he's not really capable of being. Either way, he hasn't been as effective this year as he has been in years past.

If you want Tootoo, give us a defenseman that can skate and play well in his own end and he's yours.

Pachyderm I 11-22-2008 06:25 AM

i think he has always been overrated. always seemed to be a promotional gimmick, "1st Inuit Indian" and all.. :shakehead

worstfaceoffmanever 11-22-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachyderm I (Post 16446789)
i think he has always been overrated. always seemed to be a promotional gimmick, "1st Inuit Indian" and all.. :shakehead

That's actually the first time I've heard anything like that mentioned about Tootoo in a long, LONG time.

OneSharpMarble 11-23-2008 02:56 PM

Hey thanks guys, does Tootoo do much grinding in the corners or sit in front of the net for rebounds, tips etc?

Not many people in this forum hey?

worstfaceoffmanever 11-23-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 16469927)
Hey thanks guys, does Tootoo do much grinding in the corners or sit in front of the net for rebounds, tips etc?

Tootoo does very little of either one.

In The Flesh 11-25-2008 10:25 PM

Rozsival and Nigel Dawes for Klein and Tootoo

Any takers??

Seth Lake 11-25-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 (Post 16507321)
Rozsival and Nigel Dawes for Klein and Tootoo

Any takers??

Counter:

Dawes for Klein

In The Flesh 11-25-2008 11:15 PM

we gotta shed a D man before we can gain one thou.

Seth Lake 11-25-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 (Post 16508041)
we gotta shed a D man before we can gain one thou.

See, and we need to open a spot for defensive prospect Alexander Sulzer to be called up from Milwaukee...

Rozsival's contract makes him a total non-starter for us. I'd be tempted to take Mara though...

worstfaceoffmanever 11-25-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 16508182)
See, and we need to open a spot for defensive prospect Alexander Sulzer to be called up from Milwaukee...

Rozsival's contract makes him a total non-starter for us. I'd be tempted to take Mara though...

Exactly what I was thinking reading this discussion.

Mara and Dawes for Klein and a draft pick?