HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Johnson re-signs with the Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57557)

Joe T Choker 03-02-2004 11:16 AM

Everyone's favorite ****bag re-signs with the Wild

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=74512

Bluenote13 03-02-2004 11:32 AM

Johnson=Waste of a life.

Joe T Choker 03-02-2004 11:34 AM

Yup, he's a total dirtbag, its good to see Beukeboom making it in coaching though and finally able to do every day activities, as per CBC's HDIC interview/piece

Jackson Ranger 03-02-2004 11:45 AM

Did Johnson ever apologize for what he did to Beuk?

Fletch 03-02-2004 11:51 AM

He's making some decent coin...

for a guy who averages 6 minutes per game and has 5 goals on the season.

Gee Wally 03-02-2004 11:56 AM

thread title changed due to obscentity in title..

keep it clean guys..

thanks.

Joe T Choker 03-02-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Wally
thread title changed due to obscentity in title..

keep it clean guys..

thanks.

its shift + 8, not the word...nothing more nothing less, I thought I did keep it clean, my bad

Melrose_Jr. 03-02-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
for a guy who averages 6 minutes per game and has 5 goals on the season.

Seriously. $1.1M per!?!?! He must have the same agent as Krystof Oliwa.

Trautwig interviewed "____bag" (I thought it was an appropriate title to SNA ;) ) pre-intermission a few years ago and Matt said that he had apologized to Beuk and that the incident was something he dealt with daily. Sounds like lip service from a guy with a "Marchment-esque" record and who is currently serving a 5 game suspension for atttempt to injure.

kazo 03-02-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
Did Johnson ever apologize for what he did to Beuk?

I'd ask the question did the Rangers ever issue any payback for what he did.

Jackson Ranger 03-02-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazo
I'd ask the question did the Rangers ever issue any payback for what he did.

I'm sure there was some minor retribution but I'm sure not, an eye for eye! In fact, I don't think the Rangers had too many tough guys back then, maybe Langdon, if he was even dressed that night.

BTW, thanks Melrose for the reply. I guess I wanted to see if there was any remorse from the guy and it seems like there wasn't that much. I remember the replay (never saw the game) and it still ranks up there as far as the WORST cheap shots I've ever seen.

Fletch 03-02-2004 12:57 PM

Langdon went after him, I believe..

the first chance he got. I believe it was at the Garden, and I'm thinking I was there. Many had forgotten, if I remember correctly, as it did take a while to get him on the Garden ice, but Darren (I believe it was him) didn't forget.

kazo 03-02-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

the first chance he got. I believe it was at the Garden, and I'm thinking I was there. Many had forgotten, if I remember correctly, as it did take a while to get him on the Garden ice, but Darren (I believe it was him) didn't forget.

I remember seeing the incident on TV against the Kings in LA. I remember Muckler was on his anti fighting kick (few physical players on the team) and nobody stood up for Buek which was a joke. I didn't remember Langer going after him later on butr at least he did that.

sickboy35 03-02-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

i said to my friend a little while ago was that we should start a collection and put 100 hundred dollars each and have it for a bounty for any ranger player that injures or beats his a$$. he has it coming to him and i would not in the least by sorry if his career ended! just my opinion!

Edge 03-02-2004 05:04 PM

not bad for a guy who has knocked more people out with his antics than his fists.

the guy was supposed to be the next heavyweight champ when he first came up with the kings, that obviously never materialized.

he's averaging little ice time and making a million bucks.

and people don't think the league needs a cap or can survive without one.

Laches 03-02-2004 09:59 PM

I don't know what the hell happened to the Wild's front office. They seemed to be making all the right moves, they had the team on the fast track to success, then they suddenly went completely kookoo. Matt Johnson has been a solid role player and locker room presence for them and all but my goodness, this is the team that was initially only willing to pay Pascal Dupuis $385K, let their franchise player in Gaborik sit because they refused to budge from their lowball offer, let Cliff Ronning walk, preferring instead to go with an inferior but less expensive option in Alexandre Daigle, yet they have no problem giving Matt Johnson a seven-figure salary? I don't know, they had me, then they lost me.

Edge 03-03-2004 01:31 AM

to quote ESPN

"Laches, welcome to the National Hockey League"