HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs going to call up a forward? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57578)

NWT Habs Fan 03-02-2004 12:08 PM

Habs going to call up a forward?

With Bulis out and now Sunny not joining the team on the 4 game trip out west, do you see the Habs calling up another forward from Hamilton for the trip to have that depth in case someone else gets injured? If so, who?

Bob In Kitchener 03-02-2004 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
With Bulis out and now Sunny not joining the team on the 4 game trip out west, do you see the Habs calling up another forward from Hamilton for the trip to have that depth in case someone else gets injured? If so, who?

I have not heard any news at all. If they do call up anyone, it will likely be Gratton or Hossa. Hossa is playing pretty well right now and may get the call.

PacketFlo 03-02-2004 12:12 PM

I don't think they will call anyone up because of their recent success and chemistry. They will do with what they have. Kilger did what he was supposed to against the devils so he'll be in the lineup.

caper13 03-02-2004 12:13 PM

gratton deserves the call imo. :yo:

Duster 03-02-2004 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan

I would be a little surprised if they didn't. Since they are going on the road, my guess is that CJ would opt for versatility. Plekanec perhaps?

I don't know if the team wants to risk losing Gratton on waivers once Sunny and Bulis are back. The Dogs would need him for the playoffs

Duff88 03-02-2004 12:26 PM

I'd say even if he might not deserve it that much, let's give a chance to Hossa. He needs to get confidence and the best way is to prove that he's still in the teams plans. And if he's not, it'll showcase him. It might raise or drop his value but isn't that a risk to take?

HABitude 03-02-2004 12:40 PM

And what about Perezhogin, Higgins or Balej?

but yes if Hossa is playing well right now I see him as the first to be called up*, followed by Gratton.

*Because he have size, speed, good shot and NHL experience. Bringing him back when the team is united with a good team spirit is not a bad thing. If Hossa can get his confidence back and finally play like he is supposed to.

Darz 03-02-2004 12:43 PM

I think they would bring somebody up for the 4 game road trip. Always good to have an extra forward with ya. Not sure who it would be, but I wouldn't mind seeing them bring up Hossa. He's getting pretty close to make it or break it time, so....

HF-Addict 03-02-2004 12:44 PM

Maybe they will just put Komisarek/Rivet on the 4th line, they already did after all....

Traitor8 03-02-2004 12:48 PM

Hossa should get the call and if anybody takes a shift off on the first 2 lines, I would throw him right in and tell him, if you play hard and agressive then u will have a place in this lineup.