HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: 2008 Philadelphia Eagles: Part Wait..What? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=575941)

GKJ 11-23-2008 08:32 PM

2008 Philadelphia Eagles: Part Wait..What?

No sticky

TheKingPin 11-23-2008 08:36 PM

If we have a QB that can not suck all the time then we would have a wildcard place. Our D has been great.

Raffl House 11-23-2008 08:45 PM

It's not the QB's fault. When the defense KNOWS you are passing 100% of the time and the only run you attempt in a game is a delayed handoff in the shotgun formation to your oft injured running back........your predictable. They can put in 6 DB's and they won't audible into something that works. Ask ANY QB in any league, format, game, whatever...to throw 60 times in a game.

Look at the stats...we are 3rd in the league in passing attempts and 28th in rushing attempts. I bet if you look at it just from the past 3 games, it's even more skewed. Brandon Jacobs picked up yardage last week on Baltimore...why not even try? I understand our problem with a strong back, but you have two very good RB's in Westbrook and Buckhalter. It doesn't even begin with this game...if you set the tone in the beginning of the season that you have a legit running game, you have a better chance of getting defenses confused or at least having a chance to run something basic like quick slants or play action without them picking up on it 100% of the time.

GKJ 11-23-2008 08:52 PM

The Eagles last 31 3rd downs, 30 passes and the lone run was D-Jack out of the wildcat formation

Cleary84 11-23-2008 08:59 PM

I hate the coaching staff....I hate it, I hate it! Fire them all but Jim Johnson.

Unstable 11-23-2008 09:22 PM

Andy had a nice little career here.

At least I hope that the past tense is appropriate.

IrishSniper87 11-23-2008 09:44 PM

These Eagles make me sad.

I think this won't be getting better anytime soon either.

If you guys think firing Reid and trading McNabb is going to help us win next year or the following year, your all wrong.

The Eagles will likely suck for the next 3 years or so.

:( This football team kills me.

dbr2 11-23-2008 09:53 PM

If Reid isn't fired or whatever during this offseason, next season is going to be a longgggg ride.

DeadPhish5858 11-23-2008 10:18 PM

Glad its not stickied. Made me depressed everytime I loaded the page.

flyersfan97 11-23-2008 10:34 PM

I'm so not minding my own business here, but as a sort-of Ravens fan, I watched today's game. You're right--your coaching staff needs a lot to be desired. From what I saw today, I think the thread title is perfect, GKJ.

In other happy news, you have the Phills. In Baltimore, they have the O's. :( Talk about depressing. :cry:

AaronTrieu 11-23-2008 10:41 PM

i'm not gonna give the eagles my satisfaction of caring.

IrishSniper87 11-23-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 16475229)
If Reid isn't fired or whatever during this offseason, next season is going to be a longgggg ride.

And what makes you think next season won't be a lonnnnnggggg ride if they do blow up this team?????

Reid gets fired.
Donovon is gone.
Runyan is done.
Tra Thomas might be done also.
Dawkins is as close to done as you can get.
The linebackers are weak.
The o-line is weak.
The receivers are average at best.
The running game is a question of whether Westy can play.
Their are no running backs worth a **** after Westy.

This team is a ****ing mess.

You think any new QB will help?

Nope.

mercury 11-23-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 16475816)
And what makes you think next season won't be a lonnnnnggggg ride if they do blow up this team?????

Reid gets fired.
Donovon is gone.
Runyan is done.
The o-line is weak.

Nope.

You don't have to blow up an NFL team completely. That is the beauty of parity/the hard cap. There is plenty of talent on this team. We need to hire the strongest head coach possible, and we need to turn it over to Kolb. I'd rather see that type of team miss the playoffs than this one. I was a big Reid defender for a long time, but it's time to turn the page.

CantSeeColors 11-23-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 16475816)

Reid gets fired.
Donovon is gone.
Runyan is done.
The o-line is weak.

Nope.

Reid fired? That's an improvement.
McNabb gone? An improvement over the McNabb that's been mailing it in these days.
One of Runyan and Thomas very well could be back.
Dawkins leaves? That's a step up over his current corpse that's milling around out there.
The linebackers are way better than you think, especially with Jordan in there.
O-line is a question mark, I'll give you that.
The WRs are better than you think as well. It's hard for them to look good when the best passes they're seeing hit them in the feet.
The running game? Buck averages 4.4 per carry on his career. He's worth way more than a ****.

Frankly, your assessment of this team is ridiculous. We've all seen the incompetence Reid has showcased all year and McNabb's **** show, AND THEY'RE STILL .500! Reid is 100% right that all this team needs is a few tweaks to be successful. He's just not capable of delivering said tweaks.

dbr2 11-23-2008 11:34 PM

If we got all the talent the NFL could offer, it still would not change Reid's system. Personily, I'd like to see Reid gone and McNabb still here. Now perhaps it's too late to see McNabb under a new coach. But time till tell.

AaronTrieu 11-23-2008 11:40 PM

Reid and McNabb has simply lost the team. There is no hunger out there outside of our defense. McNabb's sideline actions and body language aren't helping them. he should be the biggest cheerleader out there trying to help out. He has way too much pride to his ego is too large.

Amateur Hour 11-24-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronTrieu (Post 16475681)

100% my sentiments, as well. It must be a humbling experience for this regime to realize it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

six sigma 11-24-2008 02:18 AM

Just be glad you guys aren't Seahawks fans.

DeadPhish5858 11-24-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronTrieu (Post 16475681)

I hear you there. I was fortunate enough to not care too much from the beginning. When baseball lasts until hockey starts i tend not to give a **** about football.

Unstable 11-24-2008 07:26 AM

But sticking with the same system won't help either.

Guys, we are way past the point of fixing a thing here or bringing in a new QB and contending. I say 3 years before the team can play at a high level again.

DeadPhish5858 11-24-2008 07:28 AM

The good news is they have 2 1st rounders this year. Unless they do something stupid and trade them again.

turkinaa 11-24-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 (Post 16477766)
I hear you there. I was fortunate enough to not care too much from the beginning. When baseball lasts until hockey starts i tend not to give a **** about football.

Agreed.

We're not the same team we used to be either, or maybe we are which is the problem.

ToTheNet 11-24-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 (Post 16477813)
The good news is they have 2 1st rounders this year. Unless they do something stupid and trade them again.

And with managements absolute detesting of spending money, what makes you think they won't trade them both away for more picks in the 2nd and 3rd round?

nevermore 11-24-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joethunder (Post 16474495)
It's not the QB's fault. When the defense KNOWS you are passing 100% of the time and the only run you attempt in a game is a delayed handoff in the shotgun formation to your oft injured running back........your predictable. They can put in 6 DB's and they won't audible into something that works. Ask ANY QB in any league, format, game, whatever...to throw 60 times in a game.

Look at the stats...we are 3rd in the league in passing attempts and 28th in rushing attempts. I bet if you look at it just from the past 3 games, it's even more skewed. Brandon Jacobs picked up yardage last week on Baltimore...why not even try? I understand our problem with a strong back, but you have two very good RB's in Westbrook and Buckhalter. It doesn't even begin with this game...if you set the tone in the beginning of the season that you have a legit running game, you have a better chance of getting defenses confused or at least having a chance to run something basic like quick slants or play action without them picking up on it 100% of the time.

The only reason Jacobs picked up so much yardage last week was the simple fact that he's a beast. Guys were bouncing off him as if they were attacking a bus. I don't think that Westbrook (especially an injured one) would've done much damage even if you had run the ball more. I'm surprised that you guys didn't run more screens, tough.

BillyShoe1721 11-24-2008 08:38 AM

Reid is going to have a press conference at noon to decide who will start against Arizona, saw it on ESPN. Would anyone be against putting Jim Johnson at head coach and hiring a REAL creative offensive coordinator who would be allowed to call plays?