HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Can we Please Call up Giroux! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=576044)

ipayyou1000 11-24-2008 03:00 AM

Can we Please Call up Giroux!

I mean come on we have a spot for him on Carter's line. Plan was to let him get his confidence up in the AHL which he's producing in and then call him up. We've got a spot on Carter's line for sure. Send Nodl down or to the fourth line and lets see what the kids got! You've guys got to agree with all these young kids staying in the NHL it's time for Giroux's shot! It can't hurt and he'll be playing with carter so he ll get 15+ minutes and carter's on a tear so it will be a big confidence boost for him!

Nodl has been good defensively but ehh rather unimpressive on the offensive side of things.

WE WANT GIROUX

Gange-Briere-Knuble
Hartnell-Richards-Lupul
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Asham-Metro-Cote

Carle-Coburn
Kimmo-Parent/Jones
Vanannen-Sbisa

Talk about depth!

1865 11-24-2008 03:21 AM

Giroux's gotta earn it.

RoDu 11-24-2008 05:57 AM

it's not like he's tearing up the AHL

DeadPhish5858 11-24-2008 07:10 AM

We dont need him right now. Plus more time in the AHL will help him. Juniors are alot different than pro.

ThePiousInfant 11-24-2008 07:12 AM

Carter's doing just fine without Giroux on his wing. And this team needs defensive responsibility more than it needs another scorer right now.

ForsbergIsOdin 11-24-2008 07:12 AM

I want him to stay down there.

turkinaa 11-24-2008 07:36 AM

Giroux needs more time to in the minors and I'm not interested in rushing him. Nodl is doing fine.

ToTheNet 11-24-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipayyou1000 (Post 16477304)
I mean come on we have a spot for him on Carter's line. Plan was to let him get his confidence up in the AHL which he's producing in and then call him up. We've got a spot on Carter's line for sure. Send Nodl down or to the fourth line and lets see what the kids got! You've guys got to agree with all these young kids staying in the NHL it's time for Giroux's shot! It can't hurt and he'll be playing with carter so he ll get 15+ minutes and carter's on a tear so it will be a big confidence boost for him!

Nodl has been good defensively but ehh rather unimpressive on the offensive side of things.

WE WANT GIROUX

Gange-Briere-Knuble
Hartnell-Richards-Lupul
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Asham-Metro-Cote

Carle-Coburn
Kimmo-Parent/Jones
Vanannen-Sbisa

Talk about depth!

Who are you?

dawkins121 11-24-2008 07:43 AM

Giroux is starting to put up some nice numbers right now on the Phantoms but defensively, he's not there yet. Plus his work along the boards leaves much to be desired.

This team is deep enough at forward to let him develop his game in the minors. Any minor shortcomings or weaknesses we have on offense would not be helped by him at this point and he would probably just end up being a further defensive liability.

sa cyred 11-24-2008 08:57 AM

I pretty much agree with what everyone else is saying.

JagerPuck 11-24-2008 08:59 AM

No, have patience.

rayearth 11-24-2008 09:00 AM

Why?

JagerPuck 11-24-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNet (Post 16477853)
Who are you?

BURN!

GKJ 11-24-2008 09:06 AM

Nope. Nodl looks like he may have passed him on the depth chart. The offensive production was not the concern for Giroux, we all knew that would work out. Nodl earned the spot on the team. Not saying that it would be a complete travesty, but Carter is playing the best hockey of his life with Nodl and Hartnell I don't want to mess that up.

shamski7 11-24-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

WE WANT GIROUX

Gange-Briere-Knuble
Hartnell-Richards-Lupul
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Asham-Metro-Cote

Carle-Coburn
Kimmo-Parent/Jones
Vanannen-Sbisa

Talk about depth!

who the hell is that?

DeadPhish5858 11-24-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 16478422)
who the hell is that?

Mike Gange. Used to work for Howard Stern.

Cleary84 11-24-2008 09:38 AM

The only good situation to bring him up in my opinion is if the Flyers break away in a lead in the division and I don't see that happening soon.

CantSeeColors 11-24-2008 09:46 AM

Nodl is actually a much better fit than Giroux anyway. He plays solid defense and generally has great awareness away from the puck, which is really all that's needed since Carter is a one man scoring show right now. Giroux wouldn't even get the opportunity to help out, and Nodl's defensive ability is nice to have for the high and wide shots of Carter's that bounce back the other way.

Spongolium* 11-24-2008 09:47 AM

I think nodl is way too overrated on these boards. The guy plays a solid game, but it's not like the kid is a points machine.

mercury 11-24-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

WE WANT GIROUX

Gange-Briere-Knuble
Hartnell-Richards-Lupul
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Asham-Metro-Cote

Carle-Coburn
Kimmo-Parent/Jones
Vanannen-Sbisa

Talk about depth!

Those are almost the exact lines I wanted during the offseason (I had Gagne-Briere-Hartnell and Knuble-Richards-Lupul), but Giroux didn't wow us the way we thought he would. He needs some time. Knuble and maybe one other forward will probably be gone this offseason, so he can fight for a spot for next year, along with JVR and a Phantom or two. Let's NOT rush our guys for once. This team is starting to find its identity.

RJ8812 11-24-2008 10:09 AM

no, he's good staying the bulk of this season in the AHL

MrRuin 11-24-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 16478748)
The guy plays a solid game, but it's not like the kid is a points machine.

which is exactly what everyone in this thread has been saying.

Kambo 11-24-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

I think nodl is way too overrated on these boards. The guy plays a solid game, but it's not like the kid is a points machine.

I agree. But saying that, I don't mind Giroux staying down either. The only way I'd want to see him called up is if he was staying here, and we 100% definitely knew he'd be getting the ice time and chances that he's currently getting with the Phantoms. That's not to say we won't see him called up at least one or twice during this season just to get a look, but I actually like how we're not ****ing around with him. Just makes next season that much more exciting to look forward to, especially with JVR.

Cleary84 11-24-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kambo (Post 16478990)
I agree. But saying that, I don't mind Giroux staying down either. The only way I'd want to see him called up is if he was staying here, and we 100% definitely knew he'd be getting the ice time and chances that he's currently getting with the Phantoms. That's not to say we won't see him called up at least one or twice during this season just to get a look, but I actually like how we're not ****ing around with him. Just makes next season that much more exciting to look forward to, especially with JVR.

Exactly what I've said before. With JVR developing in college, our core of young players would grow even more next year and with those two our team would be great if they were properly prepared.

GKJ 11-24-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

It's not about the points it's that he plays responsible defense and is on the same line as Jeff Carter, why should the team feel inclined to break that up outside of an injury? They don't. It's Giroux that was the one who got overrated with 70% of the board handing him a spot on the team in August.