HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   More on the Carolina trade rumor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57638)

lou 03-02-2004 03:20 PM

TRADE rumor

CBS sports line reporting that B.G. is working on a deal with carolina that could include richard zednik and mike ryder os komi :mad: http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/NHL_SC-RUMOR

#44_delivers 03-02-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lou
CBS sports line reporting that B.G. is working on a deal with carolina that could include richard zednik and mike ryder os komi :mad: http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/NHL_SC-RUMOR

oh god i hope ite not true

Dragon 03-02-2004 03:27 PM

Komisarek is here to stay, this one is for sure. No GM in this league would move a potential Chris Pronger. We are not talking about Mike Milbury here :lol:

Zednik and Ryder (yes I love Ryder) can go for the right deal. However, i don't see the Habs trading both of them for that package. Zednik + Beachemin + a mid-round would be more than enough for that package.

chicpea* 03-02-2004 03:28 PM

That is pure fantasy, don't worry. BG may be working a deal, but it's Carolina who brings up Ryder, not him I'd guess. Zednik is altogether a different story...

Habsolution 03-02-2004 03:30 PM

Ridiculous article. They've got a trade rumour for every team. It's bullcrap. No way just no way we give up Ryder or Komisarek for Sean Hill to a non playoffs team.

Zednik 03-02-2004 03:30 PM

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek: not Zednik ! Don't wanna change my user name.

BTW, I wouldn't even trade Ryder for O'Neill, let alone Zednik !

Raider917 03-02-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
oh god i hope ite not true

im not overly worried about it until it comes on another site. cbs havent changed that thread in awhile.

gohabsgo2010 03-02-2004 03:31 PM

Unless Eric Staal has become expendable, than there is absolutely noone on Carolina that is worth Michael Ryder.

KILLger 03-02-2004 03:32 PM

There's not enough talent in Carolina so that I'd be willing to move Zednik, Ryder and Komisarek...

#44_delivers 03-02-2004 03:37 PM

when carolina's gm mentioned last saturday he's looking for a first year player it made me relieved that zednik is not one and i thought theres no way in hell bringing up ryder as a though becuase i feel certain he's untouchable so i have no clue what theyre working with
one things for sure hill would be an awsome adition to the d-line.
but trading an offencive assest for another offencive asset makes no sence at all unless its a prospect leaving.

Go Habs Go 03-02-2004 03:38 PM

How about Zednik, Ryder and Komi for Oneil, Hill, Staal and Cole? Nahh!

Habs 03-02-2004 03:39 PM

After all these years, cbs sportsline still has no credibility.

Staal isn't going anywhere either, so this is just more nonsense from the media. I can't wait until the deadline is over, and all the ridiculous speculation has turned into fertilizer.

Team_Spirit 03-02-2004 03:39 PM

Ryder is going nowhere ***** he's exactly the kind of player we need .

Mooch 03-02-2004 03:43 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats funny,

Ill take this rumor for what it is, a RUMOR :teach:

#44_delivers 03-02-2004 03:45 PM

true that this is just a rumor but one thing i feel that is true is we are trying to pry o'niell and or hill from carolina

Raider917 03-02-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
true that this is just a rumor but one thing i feel that is true is we are trying to pry o'niell and or hill from carolina

i dont want oneil that bad though. i wouldnt even trade ryder for smyth.

Dragon 03-02-2004 03:49 PM

Anyone know the contract status of Sean Hill? I thought he is making 3millions

Marchy79 03-02-2004 03:50 PM

Yeah... I agree this is just a bull rumour...

Zednik/Ryder and an off chance at komisarek? :shakehead IMO no player in the league is worth all 3... and to be frank, Ryder is coach Julien's favourite... there is NO WAY he goes anywhere right now.

#44_delivers 03-02-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider917
i dont want oneil that bad though. i wouldnt even trade ryder for smyth.

i wouldnt trade ryder at all i feel more then sure he's not going anywhere, id take hill from carolina but if JR is over valuing o'niell then screw that $hit, ami wrong?

417 03-02-2004 03:55 PM

When Jim Rutherford mentionned he wanted a young player in his first year, it could mean a player who is currently playing with the Bulldogs, it dosen't necesserily mean a first year player currently playing with the Habs (Ryder, Komi)...

Remember, as the Habs continue to play well and secure a playoff spot, BG will be less inclined to give up part of our future to acquire a guy like O'Neill, Hill might be more of an option as a rental player for the playoffs...

prabak11 03-02-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon
Komisarek is here to stay, this one is for sure. No GM in this league would move a potential Chris Pronger. We are not talking about Mike Milbury here :lol:

Zednik and Ryder (yes I love Ryder) can go for the right deal. However, i don't see the Habs trading both of them for that package. Zednik + Beachemin + a mid-round would be more than enough for that package.

potential chris pronger? :lol: :lol:

komi is way over rated! the guy cannot even make a basic play that even traverse can do. and dont give me this bull crap saying he is young and he is making rookie mistakes. i see other young defencmen and they can play 10 times better than komi! :teach:

Dragon 03-02-2004 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby
potential chris pronger? :lol: :lol:

komi is way over rated! the guy cannot even make a basic play that even traverse can do. and dont give me this bull crap saying he is young and he is making rookie mistakes. i see other young defencmen and they can play 10 times better than komi! :teach:

Exact same thing happened to Pronger, Jovonaski.
Name one young defenceman who is projected as physical presense and Norris type defenceman in NHL and is playing better than Komosarek. Souray was nothing special until this year. He can't make a good first pass until this year.
The defencemen you were mentioning are skillful type defencemen. Just like the forwards, it takes longer to develop a power-forward then a skillful scoring forward. :teach:

Habsaku 03-02-2004 04:04 PM

Ryder is probably gonna get 60 points this year at 23 years old and on his first year, there is nothing not named Eric Staal or Ryan Smyth(and even then...). Take what CBS says with more then a grain of salt, take it with a bunch of heroin and a pack of cocain.

KILLger 03-02-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon
Name one young defenceman who is projected as physical presense and Norris type defenceman in NHL and is playing better than Komosarek.

Joni Pitkanen.

#44_delivers 03-02-2004 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger
Joni Pitkanen.

physical presence?