HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Proposal for Horton and Bouwmeester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=577016)

Boulette Cannon 11-26-2008 06:18 PM

Proposal for Horton and Bouwmeester

Plekanec, Sergei and Andrei for Horton and Bouwmeester. (throw in picks either way to equilibrate).

Horton - 6 years @ 4 million/year
Bouwmeester - 1 year @ 4,875,000

We get size and skill in the middle and a franchise defenseman, we call up Chipchura and D'Agostini to fill in the gaps. We also get an instant leadership boost.

The only problem would be Bouwmeester's contract ending next year. The habs could negociate re-signing him for a similar price for the coming years.

note: I don't necessarily want to get rid of these specific players, don't start a flame war. I know alot of people will think I'm crazy, but I think this moves adresses the core problems of leadership and defense.

Thoughts?

Chomsky 11-26-2008 06:38 PM

Salary cap.

JMMR 11-26-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomsky (Post 16518345)
Salary cap.

Nice post.

JHabs 11-26-2008 06:40 PM

I'll pass.

Kimota 11-26-2008 07:15 PM

I think the Habs should focus on one player like Jay Bo instead of looking at what other teams have and trying to get all their good players. The other GMs are not morons.

xeric716x 11-26-2008 07:55 PM

and which one of these players is bringing the leadership you say we need?

superstar436 11-26-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGGINS! (Post 16517872)
Plekanec, Sergei and Andrei for Horton and Bouwmeester. (throw in picks either way to equilibrate).

We get size and skill in the middle and a franchise defenseman, we call up Chipchura and D'Agostini to fill in the gaps. We also get an instant leadership boost.

The only problem would be Bouwmeester's contract ending next year. The habs could negociate re-signing him for a similar price for the coming years.

note: I don't necessarily want to get rid of these specific players, don't start a flame war. I know alot of people will think I'm crazy, but I think this moves adresses the core problems of leadership and defense.

Thoughts?

florida main objectif this year is to reduce the salary cap for this year and next. They want good young players that do not cost much. They are looking for someone who has pleks or higgins contract ( 1.8 per year) and signed for 1-2 years and that can play on the top 6 . I don't see anyone on the habs that fits the description. To me Sergei is not a main player I want to get for Horton or bouwmeester. If pleks and higgins had 1 more year under the current financial terms it would have been a done deal for them

If I am MTL I would do it in a heartbeat, but salary cap

jdmef8vtec* 11-26-2008 08:04 PM

I was thinking something similar, but it would have to be Komi-Plek for Bouwmy-horton, franchise D for franchise D, but wouldnt happen komi is unrestricted and Martin would probably not be able to keep komisarek.

Jack Bourdain 11-26-2008 08:11 PM

Yeah... Florida doesn't do that.

Unless we do:

Plekanec
Sergei
Andrei
1st round 09
1st round 10

for

Bouwmeester
Horton

I would still do that.

nyhabsfan 11-26-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?

Do you people ever think about what we would have for forwards, especially wingers if you made that trade.

you would give up all this for 1 year of boumester... wow!

thank god trades like this NEVER happen in the cap era!

nyhabsfan 11-26-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain (Post 16521192)

Unless we do:

Plekanec
Sergei
Andrei
1st round 09
1st round 10

for

Bouwmeester
Horton

I would still do that.

YA..lets give up three of our top six forwards and 2 1st round picks for two players!

This is worse than the orginal thread.

pray tell, what are you lines???

really stupid proposals! WOW!

usernam 11-26-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Unless we do:

Plekanec
Sergei
Andrei
1st round 09
1st round 10

for

Bouwmeester
Horton

I would still do that.

What?

Boulette Cannon 11-26-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyhabsfan (Post 16523384)
YA..lets give up three of our top six forwards and 2 1st round picks for two players!

Instead of making such "obvious" comments, why do you bring something constructive to this discussion? You have a counter proposal?

Kalcon 11-27-2008 12:08 PM

Man I'd love to see Jay Bowmeester in a Habs uniform.

I wouldn't want to give up both Kostitsyns for him though.

Florida are looking to trim payroll so it would make sense that they would want prospects and draft picks. The Habs are loaded with an abundance of excellent prospects.
Does Gainey roll the dice and offer up a few of them, plus say a guy like O'Byrne or Latendresse to land him for the playoff drive in the 100th anniversary season?

I'd say he just might if and when this whole Sundin scenario plays out. (I am willing to bet he he winds up back in in leafland and then the Leafs trade him at the deadline for the prospects and draftpicks they should have gotten last year but that's a different topic!)

Anyway, IMO, the Habs need another solid, puck-moving d-man if they have any chance of being a cup contender and Bowmeester would fill that role nicely!

Monctonscout 11-27-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?

Horton has not been very impressive so far. Maybe playing in Montreal would light a fire under him but he is a bit of an underachiever.

I'd like to know what the asking price is...but I'm sure Florida is not looking to move Horton after having just traded Jokinen.

Boulette Cannon 11-27-2008 12:20 PM

Revised proposal

MTL Andrei, Sergei, Plekanec, Lang and 1st 2009. (9,415,000$)

for

FLA Horton, Bouwmeester, Booth (9,500,000$)

Bring up Chipchura and D'agostini, waive Dandenault.

Monctonscout 11-27-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Unless we do:

Plekanec
Sergei
Andrei
1st round 09
1st round 10

for

Bouwmeester
Horton

I would still do that.

Jesus...we are talking Bouwmeeser and Horton, not Malkin and Crosby.:shakehead

CH4 11-27-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGGINS! (Post 16531826)
Revised proposal

for

Florida laugh at you.

You added Booth and Lang!

Booth has 10 times more value then lang...

Boulette Cannon 11-27-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH4THECUP (Post 16532255)
Florida laugh at you.

You added Booth and Lang!

Booth has 10 times more value then lang...

And a 1st. Can you make a counter proposal?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 11-27-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGGINS! (Post 16531826)
Revised proposal

for

Wow things must be bad in Habland...a proposal with Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn.

That being said as much as I would love Bouwmeester on the habs, I don't think there's anyway we get 3 of there core players for the above proposal. Probably have to send another d-man the other way for starters.

IcE ColD 11-27-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyhabsfan (Post 16523384)

:handclap: :yo: :handclap:

Thinking the same thing

CH4 11-27-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGGINS! (Post 16532286)
And a 1st. Can you make a counter proposal?

I don't think it is time to panic and trade half of our roster.

I also think that the asking price for horton is way to high to acquire them, I mean, they want to rebuild, it is around horton and Booth that they will.

so Horton isn't available.

Bouwmeester is another story, if he don't resign there, he could be used at a rental.

Kriss E 11-27-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?

First off, I doubt FLA would do it. Letting go of a big D for not even getting one in return would be quite dumb.

Second, we potentially lose a complete future Top line for one average player in Horton if Bo leaves??. Plek centering the broz will be a great trio eventually, only a matter of time.

That would be part of the dumbest trades in our history if that trio blossoms, which I think it will.

Horton for Kost broz and Plek?..lolll:help:

One Man Rock Band 11-27-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 16532394)
First off, I doubt FLA would do it. Letting go of a big D for not even getting one in return would be quite dumb.

Second, we potentially lose a complete future Top line for one average player in Horton if Bo leaves??. Plek centering the broz will be a great trio eventually, only a matter of time.

That would be part of the dumbest trades in our history if that trio blossoms, which I think it will.

Horton for Kost broz and Plek?..lolll:help:

I'd almost say Booth has more value than Horton due to contract and the fact that he's a goal scorer.

Boulette Cannon 11-27-2008 03:12 PM

Good stuff, keep it coming.