HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT:Anyone had any experiances with Place Elgin,Stanley Towers,Mountain Place,Le Parc? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=577111)

blah141 11-26-2008 10:07 PM

OT:Anyone had any experiances with Place Elgin,Stanley Towers,Mountain Place,Le Parc?

Thank's a bunch in advance, these are all apartment buildings near McGill's campus!

;)

danboulie 11-26-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah141 (Post 16524875)
Thank's a bunch in advance, these are all apartment buildings near McGill's campus!

;)

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but I live pretty much between all of them (le chambord, de la montagne). I'm pretty sure all the apartments in the building are two people (3 1/2, 4 1/2) but the apartments are big (and we have one of the apartments in the building), and the rent is pretty fair (we pay around $1250, and hydro is the only extra).
That being said, you're not gonna be able to pull off any big parties in the building (some adults in the building), but it's pretty quiet which is nice for getting work done. Like you said, it's close to campus as well.
The property owner is a d-bag, but you really only deal with him when you sign your lease, or if you've done something quite out of line (ex. throwing a big party).
If the place sounds like something you're interested in, or if you have other questions, just PM me and I can answer them, or give you the super's number to set up an appointment to see any available rooms.
Good luck apartment hunting.

blah141 11-27-2008 09:53 PM

hey thanks a bunch man, but which apartmant exactly are you referring to in your post?

danboulie 11-27-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah141 (Post 16539056)
hey thanks a bunch man, but which apartmant exactly are you referring to in your post?

It's pretty much next to either place elgin, or the royal penfield. Not one of the places you listed, but it's on the corner of de la montagne and penfield. A much smaller building than the ones you have listed, but I figured since it was adjacent to some of the things you listed, you might be interested.

katieboo 11-27-2008 10:32 PM

le parc is friggin expensive

waffledave 11-27-2008 10:34 PM

Alrighty...Well I have a friend who lives in Le Parc, and it's a really nice place. Has a gym, a pool, security...Parking...His place is pretty nice, great size, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly expensive. Also, we had alot of problems having parties there and the cops would show up every time. It's definitely not a "student" building.

As for Place Elgin...I dated a girl who lived there. Same deal...Nice place, the apartment was alot smaller than my friend's...Again, mostly adults and not really a student place.

blah141 11-28-2008 02:34 PM

Hey guys thanks a bunch, very helpful!

Tortue 11-28-2008 02:41 PM

I want a 7 1/2 at under 1400 hook me up brother!