HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Matt D'Agostini (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=577148)

Habsfan18 11-26-2008 11:50 PM

Matt D'Agostini
 
The guy seems to be doing damn well in Hamilton.

20-14-11-25.

Think he'll get a shot this year?

Can he actually be a top 9 forward for the Habs down the road?

MaxPac88 11-27-2008 12:02 AM

He could get his shot Friday night if Tanguay can't go.

Beaker 11-27-2008 12:15 AM

Hes certainly forcing Bob to look at him, thats for sure.

Mr. Hab 11-27-2008 12:20 AM

This reminds me of the JOSEF BALEJ (spelling?) situation...

Habs might use D'Agostini for a (package) trade??
Remember Balej for Kovalev...



But, lots of *???* here...







p.s.: I'd like to see D'Agostini get some top 9 ice-time IF Tanguay is out for a few games.

Watsatheo 11-27-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 16527685)
This reminds me of the JOSEF BALEJ (spelling?) situation...

Habs might use D'Agostini for a (package) trade??
Remember Balej for Kovalev...



But, lots of *???* here...







p.s.: I'd like to see D'Agostini get some top 9 ice-time IF Tanguay is out for a few games.

He might be a Balej, but he might also pull a Versteeg.

emb24* 11-27-2008 12:31 AM

i don't see habs dealing d'agostini especially with several UFA goal scorers

GNick42 11-27-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 16527685)
This reminds me of the JOSEF BALEJ (spelling?) situation...

Habs might use D'Agostini for a (package) trade??
Remember Balej for Kovalev...



But, lots of *???* here...







p.s.: I'd like to see D'Agostini get some top 9 ice-time IF Tanguay is out for a few games.

I wouldn't trade D'Agostini...he may well be another Riberio, Beauchmin or Grabs.

le_sean 11-27-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 16527685)
This reminds me of the JOSEF BALEJ (spelling?) situation...

Habs might use D'Agostini for a (package) trade??
Remember Balej for Kovalev...



But, lots of *???* here...







p.s.: I'd like to see D'Agostini get some top 9 ice-time IF Tanguay is out for a few games.

That's true, both are fast with a nice shot. I hope D'Agostini does get a few games in the NHL like Balej to see if he can handle the size. Plus in the new NHL a player like Matt can be more successful than before the lockout when Balej was traded.

Clumsyhab 11-27-2008 12:50 AM

A right handed scorer is always welcomed.

If no Tanguay on Friday:

Higgins - Koivu - D'agostini/Tender
AKost - Plekanec - Kovalev
SKost - Lang - Kostopoulos
Begin - Lapierre - Dandy/Tender

We all like Kostopoulos, but I really hope Carbs won't put him on the top line.

le_sean 11-27-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 16528056)
A right handed scorer is always welcomed.

If no Tanguay on Friday:

Higgins - Koivu - D'agostini/Tender
AKost - Plekanec - Kovalev
SKost - Lang - Kostopoulos
Begin - Lapierre - Dandy/Tender

We all like Kostopoulos, but I really hope Carbs won't put him on the top line.

Cannot happen because there is no one on the IR. It would have to be Latendresse playing.

Mr. Hab 11-27-2008 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 16527685)
This reminds me of the JOSEF BALEJ (spelling?) situation...

I didn't mean to compare D'Agostini's style with Balej's...

I was referring to the...situation (+ value of both, not styles).

Balej was our top scorer when he was traded.
D'Agostini is currently our top scorer (value is quite high, no?).

Also, I'm not saying D'Agostini will be traded, just pointing out that this can be a similar situation for Gainey to take advantage of...



At the end of the day, I don't want to see Pacioretty, McDonagh, and PK Subban get traded!!

MaxPac88 11-27-2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 16528263)
Cannot happen because there is no one on the IR. It would have to be Latendresse playing.

Can't we easily put Komi on there?

Blades 0f Steel 11-27-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 16527104)
The guy seems to be doing damn well in Hamilton.

20-14-11-25.

Think he'll get a shot this year?

Can he actually be a top 9 forward for the Habs down the road?

Seriously?

It's pretty ****ed up that Maxwell & Pacioretty get slotted in on just about everyone's future 2nd line before playing a single pro game, yet this talented kid can't even be considered a future 3rd liner.

Plekanec part 2, methinks.

beowulf 11-27-2008 05:29 AM

I would certainly not be surprised to see him up with the Habs before the Christmas break. Would be nice to see what he can do over 5-6 games at the big show.

dcyhabs 11-27-2008 05:34 AM

Not Balej
 
Balej had a great camp at 18 and got worse every year. D'agostini has improved every year.

D'agostini is scoring, but he is very much a two-way player with speed. Now that he is doing well in the AHL he, like the Kostitsyns (and, I suppose, Grabovski) is showing he is ready (and he will fit the team way better than Grabovski as he is bigger and better defensively).

He might be like Balej, unable to make the jump, but I think it more likely that he will be at least an NHL 3rd liner.

onice 11-27-2008 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 16528056)
A right handed scorer is always welcomed.

If no Tanguay on Friday:

Higgins - Koivu - D'agostini/Tender
AKost - Plekanec - Kovalev
SKost - Lang - Kostopoulos
Begin - Lapierre - Dandy/Tender

We all like Kostopoulos, but I really hope Carbs won't put him on the top line.


Yeah, cause he really dragged that line down last night.

Along with Tanguay and Koivu, Kosto has been consistently the best player for the Habs. He created chances and space on that line. He's a better fit than Lats.

Lone Rogue 11-27-2008 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 16529188)
Along with Tanguay and Koivu, Kosto has been consistently the best player for the Habs. He created chances and space on that line. He's a better fit than Lats.

I completely agree that Kostopolous has been a machine, but I'm real interested to see what kind of system Koivu, Higgins and Latendresse would play together. I could see them playing similar to when the Sundin/Antropov/Pot-of-Coffee lines would just skate in and smother the goaltender until something went in. Could be really interesting.

As for the guy *****ing about how MaxiPad and Maxwell get slotted into the top lines, those people are overrating prospects, just like you are. AHL skill does not always equal NHL skill. That said, I think all three will be in the NHL in the next 3 years. Same goes for Captain Chip.

toshiro 11-27-2008 08:15 AM

D'ago is also a smart player. He reminds me a tad of Carbonneau when he first came into the league.

otto bond 11-27-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 16528878)
Pleks...center.

D'Agostini...winger.

Underrated maybe was his point!

otto bond 11-27-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rogue (Post 16529303)
I completely agree that Kostopolous has been a machine, but I'm real interested to see what kind of system Koivu, Higgins and Latendresse would play together. I could see them playing similar to when the Sundin/Antropov/Pot-of-Coffee lines would just skate in and smother the goaltender until something went in. Could be really interesting.

As for the guy *****ing about how MaxiPad and Maxwell get slotted into the top lines, those people are overrating prospects, just like you are. AHL skill does not always equal NHL skill. That said, I think all three will be in the NHL in the next 3 years. Same goes for Captain Chip.

I would not overrate these two by saying they could play top 6 minites. I strongly beleive that it's there potential.

Whitesnake 11-27-2008 08:41 AM

Why are we talking about him when you have to know that everybody that was in the lineup yesterday will play and deserves to play as well (yes, yes...even Dandenault...). And then even if Tanguay is not ready, seems that Lats is. So what's the point in bringing D'Agostini again....especially since I WANT to see him Sunday....:D

LPHabsFan 11-27-2008 08:56 AM

Jason Ward would like to say hello

Erika 11-27-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan (Post 16529893)
Jason Ward would like to say hello

Michael Ryder and Kris Versteeg also says hello.

:teach:

Mr. Hab 11-27-2008 09:59 AM

Just wanted to write:

Kostopoulos looked great with Higgins and Koivu (it's not like the Garth Murray "1 game experiment" with Kovalev!!). I'd try him again with Higgs+Koivu.
Another thing I like about Kosto being there...Kosto will stick-up/protect Higgs AND Koivu. Kosto can do all the dirty work on that line (digging in the corners, hitting, crashing the net, protecting + making space for Koivu/Higgs...we'll see if Kosto gets another game with 'em...).

Dandenault has looked pretty good, too (his value just went up for a trade!).

D'Agostini: I hope he at least gets 5-6 games to give him a taste of the NHL, and most important of all...to give him an indication of what he needs to improve (through some NHL experience) to be an NHL regular.


IF (big IF!) it continues to work we can have 3 balanced lines (when Tanguay comes back):
Higgins - Koivu - Kosto
Tanguay - Pleks - Kovalev
S.Kosts - Lang - A.Kosts

IMO, Koivu and Higgs need a gritty/warrior winger...we'll see if Kosto is the one (Tanguay might come back sooner than later).

Whitesnake 11-27-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 16530312)
Just wanted to write:

Kostopoulos looked great with Higgins and Koivu (it's not like the Garth Murray "1 game experiment" with Kovalev!!). I'd try him again with Higgs+Koivu.
Another thing I like about Kosto being there...Kosto will stick-up/protect Higgs AND Koivu. Kosto can do all the dirty work on that line (digging in the corners, hitting, crashing the net, protecting + making space for Koivu/Higgs...we'll see if Kosto gets another game with 'em...).

I think that finding that Kosto does a good job on top lines is a testament to how we are missing those type of talented players that have a knack for scoring AND plays the Kosto style. AKost doesn't back down, give the occasions bodychecks but do not work in a consistant basis the way Kosto does....You're actually wishing that Lats would be faster and more consistant as well. And you really wish that MaxPac becomes that kinda of player.

So by putting and liking Kosto up there, you're actually wishing you'd have Brendan Morrow up there....like 29 other teams, I know.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.