HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Honestly disapointed by Habs fan(Dogs related) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=577638)

kostitsyn1489 11-28-2008 12:58 PM

Honestly disapointed by Habs fan(Dogs related)
 
We are about 50 hours away from the Bulldogs game at the bell center, I dont know exactly how many tickets sold, but 1 it's not sold out which i cant understand and there are still alot of tickets up for sell in the Red.

Honestly it just doesnt make sense to me. People waited hours and hours to get Habs ticket, some couldnt even get any, some couldnt/didnt want to buy tickets as it was too expensive.

Now you've got an amazing farm team, it's playing in your building. You can have your nose against the board for 35 bucks, get some really good tickets in the reds for only 30 bucks and you don't show up. Honestly it's really pathetic if we cant get 10 000 people to show up Sunday it would be a shame.

I cant beleive they sell 872193 tickets for habs game every game, since the lock out, but they cant get 21273 peple to show up for the Bulldogs game.

Is there 872193 people that buys tickets only to say oh my god i went to the bell center it was great or there's a small percentage of them to goes there cause they love the habs and love Hockey.

We hear every day, this guy is good, him is a future really good offensive d-man, we've got media praising guys they never seen play and all. We've got the chance to go and see them live, having good seats at a good price at the bell center once every year and we can't freaking show up and show support to the future of this team.

It's totally stupid, I'm sick and tired of people that keeps praising our youth blindly, cant pay for a webcast once a year, cant show up at the bell center once a year to see these guys play. If the guy doesnt put points on the board or if the guy played one pre-season game, he sucks? If the guy played 1 good pre season game that was broadcasted and put points on the board he's amazing?

Personally i dont care idont have to worry, i know I'll get good tickets no matter what. I can understand people living outside montreal, going to the bell center is an happening and you go mostly for habs game. But there are what, 2-3M people that can get to Montreal by metro and there isnt 21000 that can show up for that game?

Honestly, Thief goes to that game by bus, 2 hours or so drive, I'll drive 1:15 to go to that game. Honestly guys show our young guys some support. Tickets are cheap and we've got alot of potential NHLers. Stop listening to what media says on them, they dont see them play either. Stats dont tell everythng. Go watch them play by yourself please.

GoneAway 11-28-2008 01:00 PM

Haven't you heard? We're in an economic crisis.

Darz 11-28-2008 01:01 PM

Two days left......lots of time.

Whitesnake 11-28-2008 01:05 PM

Doing my part. I'll be there. Still, there was 8 013 people the first and last time they had played at the Bell Centre.

Let's hope there will be more this time around.

Etienne 11-28-2008 01:08 PM

I'd be there if I wasn't buried under school work. Finals are OTW and my teachers are all psychopaths who obviously plan to lessen their workload by pushing their students to suicide. Just don't have the time to go.

jnthomas 11-28-2008 01:08 PM

Wow.. I didn't even know it was this weekend.. and oddly enough I watch pretty much every game (so maybe a lack of information can be partly blamed for the lack of interest).

I'll see if I can free myself up so I can go watch the game.

kostitsyn1489 11-28-2008 01:09 PM

We werent in economic crisis the other times and crowd still was average.

AH 11-28-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 (Post 16545569)
We werent in economic crisis the other times and crowd still was average.

Well we are now. You really have nerve railing on people and telling them how to spend their money with so many people losing jobs and Xmas around the corner.

Gros Bill 11-28-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenacious C (Post 16545315)
Haven't you heard? We're in an economic crisis.

I dunno, it seems that a cheap night out of pro hockey would be considered good entertainment value in times of economic crisis.

Also, the Grey cup was last week and they sold 66 000 tickets for that, at an average of way more than 35 $, for that, economic crisis or not.

kostitsyn1489 11-28-2008 01:13 PM

I understand some guys are busy and all, but dont tell me 500 000 people are busy that one day and cant go to an hockey game..

montreal 11-28-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenacious C (Post 16545315)
Haven't you heard? We're in an economic crisis.

poor excuse, you could go out and dance on tables for money. Take mcphee with you and call him your "talent agent", just make sure you let them know in advance not to throw lose change, you could lose an eye that way.

kostitsyn1489 11-28-2008 01:16 PM

There are tickets at 9 bucks, with metro and all 2 parents 2 kids, about 50$ at worst.

I'm not telling people how to spend their money, but if you can judge AHL players you can probably show up at that game.

hototogisu 11-28-2008 01:17 PM

I had no idea the Dogs were playing at the Bell Centre...I watch every Habs game on RDS, I'm on here a lot, I read the paper occasionally. Maybe the Habs could've advertised it a bit better? Or maybe it's just me that missed the info, I dunno. But anyway, Montreal is not a hockey town. It's a Habs town. How are the Juniors doing for attendance, just out of curiosity? Probably not filling the Verdun Auditorium nightly either...

Anyway, when and what time is the game? Against who? How much are tickets? Can I get em online?

Bill McNeal 11-28-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 (Post 16545638)
I understand some guys are busy and all, but dont tell me 500 000 people are busy that one day and cant go to an hockey game..

The vast majority of Habs fans, and fans most teams for that matter, just don't really care about their farm team enough to go see them play.

I don't see what the big deal is. :dunno:

(Also note that a prospect board isn't the best place to judge how a fan-base in general acts. I'm sure there are a ton of guys here who'd go, but that really doesn't represent the average hockey fan)

GoneAway 11-28-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 (Post 16545569)
We werent in economic crisis the other times and crowd still was average.

They knew one was coming so they pinched their pennies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 16545621)
I dunno, it seems that a cheap night out of pro hockey would be considered good entertainment value in times of economic crisis.

Also, the Grey cup was last week and they sold 66 000 tickets for that, at an average of way more than 35 $, for that, economic crisis or not.

That was before they announced the recession.

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 16545681)
poor excuse, you could go out and dance on tables for money. Take mcphee with you and call him your "talent agent", just make sure you let them know in advance not to throw lose change, you could lose an eye that way.


I can just hear McPhee:

"Yowsah!!! Chezz isn't even wearing a Smile!"

RussCourtnallsGhost 11-28-2008 01:24 PM

No offense, but it's called marketing. The Habs have a ridiculous amount of marketing and hype which sells them tickets. If you want to know the honest truth: the average casual fan probably doesn't even know where our farm team is. Heck, I'm an avid fan and this is the first time I've even heard that they were playing at the Bell Centre. Bottom line is this: It's hard to gather 21,273 people in one place!

Ra 11-28-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 (Post 16545285)
Is there 872193 people that buys tickets only to say oh my god i went to the bell center it was great or there's a small percentage of them to goes there cause they love the habs and love Hockey.

I think we both know the answer to this... Sadly. The recession announced has nothing to do with this, there's just no hype in the city. Personally, I'm working so I can't go. If not, I would....

Whitesnake 11-28-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 16545734)
IBut anyway, Montreal is not a hockey town. It's a Habs town. How are the Juniors doing for attendance, just out of curiosity? Probably not filling the Verdun Auditorium nightly either...

Not filling it but around 3000 each night. Not bad. Not sure if it's paid tickets or people actually present in the auditorium though...

kovalost27 11-28-2008 01:26 PM

This is awesome, I didn't know!

6$ a ticket = cheaper than a movie!

Chomsky 11-28-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 16545441)
Doing my part. I'll be there. Still, there was 8 013 people the first and last time they had played at the Bell Centre.

Let's hope there will be more this time around.

Which section will you be in? We'll be a few from #hfhabs in the reds, would be nice to meet and go out for a beer after the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenacious C (Post 16545315)
Haven't you heard? We're in an economic crisis.

You can find better excuses than this one Chezz. ;) The most obvious one is publicity. There are almost none around here. RDS is not talking about it, neither are the Media. Hard for Habs fans to notice. Hockey fans already have their tickets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 16545734)
I had no idea the Dogs were playing at the Bell Centre...I watch every Habs game on RDS, I'm on here a lot, I read the paper occasionally. Maybe the Habs could've advertised it a bit better? Or maybe it's just me that missed the info, I dunno. But anyway, Montreal is not a hockey town. It's a Habs town. How are the Juniors doing for attendance, just out of curiosity? Probably not filling the Verdun Auditorium nightly either...

Anyway, when and what time is the game? Against who? How much are tickets? Can I get em online?

Sunday. 5PM. From what 9$ to about 35$? Red tickets are about 30$. Again the Sens farm club.

frederixx 11-28-2008 01:37 PM

you know what... i was interested but i couldn't find the link! i went on their web site but the link brings me back to ticketmaster which has tickets for the 29th.

they have the worst marketing department ever.

Whitesnake 11-28-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frederixx (Post 16546210)
you know what... i was interested but i couldn't find the link! i went on their web site but the link brings me back to ticketmaster which has tickets for the 29th.

they have the worst marketing department ever.

https://wroom.centrebell.ca/eventSho...esCode=BUL2008

Habs8517 11-28-2008 01:40 PM

do i need to show up at the bell center to purshace tickets ?

Whitesnake 11-28-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs8517 (Post 16546256)
do i need to show up at the bell center to purshace tickets ?

https://wroom.centrebell.ca/eventSho...esCode=BUL2008

Le Tricolore 11-28-2008 01:42 PM

The Dogs get ZERO coverage in Montreal. Obviously people won't care.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.