HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The new lines with Kovalev? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57782)

guerin 03-03-2004 12:00 AM

The new lines with Kovalev?

What will be the new line with Kovalev... here's mine:

Kovalev Koivu Zednick
Ryder Ribiero Dagenais
Bulis Juneau Sundstrom
Ward Bégin Landon

Cariboux 03-03-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guerin

Kovalev Koivu Zednick
Ryder Ribiero Dagenais
Bulis Juneau Sundstrom
Ward Bégin Landon

And goodbye Dagenais when Bulis will come back :handclap:

Brett38 03-03-2004 12:18 AM

Zednik is going to Carolina. I think he won't be on that top line. O'neil will be there. They'll give up another prospect and a third or fourth round pick along with Zednik for O'neil and another player. Remember we have two third round picks and two fourth round picks. We just lost our second round pick to get Kovalev.

We have to go deep in the third round of the playoffs to break even. They'll try hard to do it.

JordanStaal#1Fan 03-03-2004 12:21 AM

Quote:

Kovalev Koivu Zednick
Ryder Ribiero Dagenais
Bulis Juneau Sundstrom
Ward Bégin Landon

#20 Zednik - #11 Koivu - #27 Kovalev
#26 Dagenais - #71 Ribeiro - #73 Ryder
#38 Bulis - #90 Juneau - #37 Sundstrom
#15 Langdon - #22 Bégin - #17 Ward

#44 Souray - #5 Quintal
#79 Markov - #52 Rivet
#51 Bouillon - #43 Brisebois

#60 Théodore
#31 Garon

My offensive line are the same as yours, but I wanted to do a complete HEALTHY line-up. So now, we have 6 days left, what do we do with Perreault and Dackell?!

hockey_nut 03-03-2004 12:25 AM

Here's what I'd want to see:

Kovalev - Koivu - Ryder
Kovy would be great on Koivu's wing, and Ryder and Saks have done great together, so why break them up.

Zednik - Ribeiro - Dagenais
It's worked for us, thus far. Keep it together.

Bulis - Begin - Ward
I hope this is our 3rd line for a while!

Langdon - Juneau - Sundstrom
First 3 that popped into my head... does it matter? This line will change each game. It'll change from defense, to physical, and so on...

Bruin_Ron 03-03-2004 12:48 AM

Hey gals and guys..

I'm not sure if you read my thread in the Boston forum about meeting Quintal on Saturday when he came in for x-rays.. but he told me that they were going after a power forward to play with Koivu and Ribeiro

I had actually mentioned if Kovalev is what the Habs had in mind and Stephane LAUGHED!? He said no, no

Makes you wonder, but from my discussion with Quintal, i'd expect to see a line with KOIVU - KOVALEV - RIBEIRO

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=56770

#44_delivers 03-03-2004 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
Hey gals and guys..

I'm not sure if you read my thread in the Boston forum about meeting Quintal on Saturday when he came in for x-rays.. but he told me that they were going after a power forward to play with Koivu and Ribeiro

I had actually mentioned if Kovalev is what the Habs had in mind and Stephane LAUGHED!? He said no, no

Makes you wonder, but from my discussion with Quintal, i'd expect to see a line with KOIVU - KOVALEV - RIBEIRO

i believed you when you said it :)

tinyzombies 03-03-2004 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
Hey gals and guys..

Man, something like O'Neill and Sean Hill would be exactly what the doctor ordered...

Kovalev sure will help our powerplay. We can play him at the point with his big shot and move Saku back down low.

Kovalev is a right winger though, why is everyone putting him on the left side?

My lines are this (if you care!):

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Ryder-Ribeiro-Ward (reward him for now for his goal)
Juneau-Begin-Dackell (until Sunny comes back; Juneau can't cover Marleau)
Kilger-Perreault-Langdon

Markov-Rivet
Bouillon-Brisebois
Dykhuis-Quintal (very limited minutes)

Munchausen 03-03-2004 01:24 AM

I might be getting ahead of myself here, but this is a luxury a fan can have. So in the playoffs, granted there's no other trades, I think Julien might feel comfortable with a lineup looking a bit like this:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Bulis - Ribeiro - Ryder
Sundstrom - Begin - Dackell
Kilger - Juneau - Ward

This is taking into account enforcers usually don't play much during the playoffs as there's virtually no fighting. Oh wait, I forgot Dagenais... Oops. :D

Raider917 03-03-2004 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
I might be getting ahead of myself here, but this is a luxury a fan can have. So in the playoffs, granted there's no other trades, I think Julien might feel comfortable with a lineup looking a bit like this:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Bulis - Ribeiro - Ryder
Sundstrom - Begin - Dackell
Kilger - Juneau - Ward

This is taking into account enforcers usually don't play much during the playoffs as there's virtually no fighting. Oh wait, I forgot Dagenais... Oops. :D

ive always liked bulis on the third or fourth line. he is very strong defensively and with begin can provide some spark with their forechecking. my lines are

Zednik-Koivu- Kovalev
Dagenais-Ribiero-Ryder
Bulis-Begin-Juneau
Ward-Dackell-Langdon

#44_delivers 03-03-2004 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_nut
Here's what I'd want to see:

Kovalev - Koivu - Ryder
[I]Kovy would be great on Koivu's wing, and Ryder and Saks have done great together, so why break them up.

kovalev is RW and why put ryder back with koivu? koivu does well with zednik in his line. but more important is theres a nice chemistry built with ribs and ryder, ryder is getting more shots then ever with ribeiro in his line, ive always said put ryder with ribs on a line becuase they looked incredible on the pp together and they now look great on the 2nd line together.

zednik - koivu - kovalev <----- 2 very fast skilled players centered by an incredible playmaker.

this first line is a very solid elite first line

_____ - ribeiro - ryder <----- am i the only one that doesnt feel comfortable with a player like dagenias playing on the second line in the playoffs?

fill in the blank with either Bulis or someone aquired from a trade(my guess a gritty scoring player)

i hope its not bulis becuase he will make our 3rd line extreamly solid to say the least.

overall i think BG is not done yet.

tinyzombies 03-03-2004 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
kovalev is RW and why put ryder back with koivu? koivu does well with zednik in his line. but more important is theres a nice chemistry built with ribs and ryder, ryder is getting more shots then ever with ribeiro in his line, ive always said put ryder with ribs on a line becuase they looked incredible on the pp together and they now look great on the 2nd line together.

zednik - koivu - kovalev <----- 2 very fast skilled players centered by an incredible playmaker.

this first line is a very solid elite first line

_____ - ribeiro - ryder <----- am i the only one that doesnt feel comfortable with a player like dagenias playing on the second line in the playoffs?

fill in the blank with either Bulis or someone aquired from a trade(my guess a gritty scoring player)

i hope its not bulis becuase he will make our 3rd line extreamly solid to say the least.

overall i think BG is not done yet.

Bulis' defensive game is overrated imho. He's okay in his own end, but it's on the forecheck that he dominates. His offensive game is underrated tho. I think he deserves more playing time on the scoring lines. Let's give him a chance. His numbers aren't that different from our other young players and he played the first half of the season on the checking line.

The fourth line is out of the question, we need Bulis out there for a lot more minutes than that.

#44_delivers 03-03-2004 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Bulis' defensive game is overrated imho. He's okay in his own end, but it's on the forecheck that he dominates. His offensive game is underrated tho. I think he deserves more playing time on the scoring lines. Let's give him a chance. His numbers aren't that different from our other young players and he played the first half of the season on the checking line.

The fourth line is out of the question, we need Bulis out there for a lot more minutes than that.

i dont know what your talking about bulis has been on the first line all year before going down to that injury.
bulis is definaitly not a top 6 forward but saying that he is imho a DREAM 3rd liner.

alexx3 03-03-2004 04:37 AM

Ribs'N'Rock'N'Ax

Quote:

Kovalev Koivu Zednick
Ryder Ribiero Dagenais
Bulis Juneau Sundstrom
Ward Bégin Landon

Dunno, I actually see Kovalev with Ribs and Rock.
Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev
and I suspect that Gainey is still looking to make a new trade to get someone like O'Neill to play with Saku

BLONG7 03-03-2004 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett38
Zednik is going to Carolina. I think he won't be on that top line. O'neil will be there. They'll give up another prospect and a third or fourth round pick along with Zednik for O'neil and another player. Remember we have two third round picks and two fourth round picks. We just lost our second round pick to get Kovalev.

We have to go deep in the third round of the playoffs to break even. They'll try hard to do it.

Do you really think this will still happen??? I can see BG doing something with the D...

marty999 03-03-2004 08:52 AM

i SEE

Kovalev - Ribeiro - Ryder
Zednik - Koivu - Dagenais/Perreault
Bulis - Begin - Sundstrom
Ward - Juneau - Langdon

Darz 03-03-2004 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
Koivu might just have a couple of seasons left in the tank.

Saku's only 29. I hope he has more than a couple seasons left in him.

Darz 03-03-2004 09:17 AM

Quote:

I hope so too, but he is tired and it can't be good for his health.

I dunno how tired he is. I mean if Mario can still talk about playing at age 38, I would imagine Saku can play til at least 34-35.

Habruti! 03-03-2004 09:25 AM

IMO Koivu is our still our best foward and Kovalev should play on his side. But unlike all of you I would actually split Dagenais and Ribeiro. My Healthy lineup is one of these two depending on the oponents...

First Lineup.
1. Dagenais, Koivu, Kovalev
2. Zenik, Ribeiro, Ryder
3. Bulis, Begin, Sundstrum
4. Langdon, Kilger, Ward

Second Lineup.
1. Bulis, Koivu, Kovalev
2. Zenik, Ribeiro, Ryder
3. Dackell, Juneau, Sundstrum.
4. Langdon, Begin, Ward

KingJarl 03-03-2004 09:26 AM

Quote:

Kovalev is just as comfortable with all three forward positions (started out as a C with rags, moved to LW with pens, moved to RW when Jágr was traded from the pens).

I also think it would be unfair to Saku for what he has given to this team not to put him with a top six winger now that the habs have one. This might be his only chance to show how awesome a player he is. Ribeiro however has most of his career ahead of him to prove his ability. Koivu might just have a couple of seasons left in the tank, he has so much heart that it would be wrong not to reward him from many years of service.

? Saku's not even 30, I'm sure he has more than a couple good years left.

montreal25m 03-03-2004 09:36 AM

My line up when healthy

I personally think bulis will compliment Koivu and Kovalev. He has good speed, can forcheck really well and is pretty good defensive player. so we sort of can let kovalev and Koivu free wheel a bit. In addition, he has some real good offensive skills. Anyway, my lines would be when Healthy,

Bulis Koivu Kovalev
Ryder Ribs Zednick
Juneau Begin Sundstrom
Dackell Perreault Ward

Souray Quintal
Markov Rivet
Boullion Brisbois

I don't want to see Dagenais in the line up. During the playoffs, not as much fighting, therefore, Landon doesn't really become a factor unless it becomes a real physical series. I like Perreault in there for depth, faceoffs, in case someone gets injured in the first two lines. In terms of the third line, I think Begin deserves 3rd line minutes, especially during the playoffs. Having him on the third line adds some grit to a small third line.

Stephan Lebeau 03-03-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habruti!
IMO Koivu is our still our best foward and Kovalev should play on his side. But unlike all of you I would actually split Dagenais and Ribeiro. My Healthy lineup is one of these two depending on the oponents...

First Lineup.
1. Dagenais, Koivu, Kovalev
2. Zenik, Ribeiro, Ryder
3. Bulis, Begin, Sundstrum
4. Langdon, Kilger, Ward

hmmm that first line sounds very interesting to me.. 2 awesome playmakers Kovalev and Koivu setting up Dagenais??? sounds pretty good... of course, if Dagenais can keep up with them. then again.. we've got a sniper in zednik... so
me personally...i'd go with

Kovalev - Koivu - Zednik
Ryder - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Bulis - Begin - Sundstrum (sunny plays so well with begin)
Dackell - Juneau - Ward

Habber 03-03-2004 01:13 PM

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
*drool*

It's going to be wild to see what Koivu can do with a premier goalscorer on his wing. All of the sudden we have one of the better first lines around, and once Souray gets back, maybe the best 1st unit PP.

Mooch 03-03-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
*drool*

It's going to be wild to see what Koivu can do with a premier goalscorer on his wing. All of the sudden we have one of the better first lines around, and once Souray gets back, maybe the best 1st unit PP.

best 1st unit PP- I disagree
Ottawa- 1st PP unit-

Alferdson/Havlet, Hossa, Bondra, Bonk, Reddin/Chara

You could build one helava 1st PP unit with those players.

Le depisteur 03-03-2004 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
best 1st unit PP- I disagree
Ottawa- 1st PP unit-

Alferdson/Havlet, Hossa, Bondra, Bonk, Reddin/Chara

You could build one helava 1st PP unit with those players.

On the Power Play:
Kovalev = Hossa (but a little bit more for Hossa, maybe)
Souray = Redden
Ryder = Bondra
Ribeiro = Havlat
Koivu = Alfredsson (but a little advantage for Alfred)
Markov = Chara
Zednik = Bonk (but they aren't similar...)

Finally, I consider that this two teams are very comparable on the Power Play...