HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So FINALLY Sather does something.. but... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57796)

Chicago#44 03-03-2004 12:40 AM

So FINALLY Sather does something.. but...

It was an very expecive 2rder (about 50th overall), and we lost the comp.pick we would have got from Kovalev anyway...

still glad we moved him, as we now will wonder why he will be a point a game player with habs instantly...

Balei is a very very nice prospect.. he is 6-0, 22 a RW and led their ahl club in every cateogory + he is fast.

who does that remind you of ?

maybe a player we gave up in the SUPERB kovalev deal that only costed us like 15 million bucks and younger players...

by the way, by that time RICO FATA ( also led all the ahl players in points per game, 22 -23 year old and a RW and super fast )

now I wont say balej and fata is the same, but just pointing out that SATHER has done nothing RIGHT since he ARRIVED !! this deal could have been made by anyone of you. As Sather is the arrogant "worst GM and WORST coach since 1985"
even he couldnt hold up any longer for THE FIRST TRADE WE MAKE WHERE WE GET A YOUNGER PLAYER since we got Dvorak ( in a young Harvey for young Dvorak deal).

There is stil the 2 biggest problems left. TOM "no hit, only surf" Poti and Dunham.

I would personally give Poti away for free, I cant even look at a whole NYR game anymore as he irritates me so much it goes beoind the compr.

at least if we gave him to a eastern club we could win those 6 meetings. And give the starter job to Markkanen!! Dunham sucks now and have done it since his first year with the Preds... last spring he got hot and played over his potential.. now he has been the old sucking self... -----> OUT, do not let the door hit you !!!

all theese hlavaks and malakhovs... ick, Goo Sather, could you possibly find any other players that are as bad... ick....

Team_Spirit 03-03-2004 01:38 AM

He also have a good work ethic and he can play defense he did it very well in the 'A' this year . Sure he's gonna have to be used in a offensive role to be truly effective because the 4 games he played this year were mostly with Darren Langdon ( gonna without ( scoreless in more tha 100 games ) and Yannic ''Panic'' Perrault Aka the faceoff tool boy .

Exellent return for an UFA and anyways what did u give up for him ? Pettry sure the return is bigger right now . Aside f the lost of 5M but who cares , nice way to buy youth :)

Toonces 03-03-2004 01:44 AM

You guys did pretty good on this one.

Alough I have the Adam Oates trade as a frame of refrence. :rolly:

allrevvedup25 03-03-2004 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago#44
It was an very expecive 2rder (about 50th overall), and we lost the comp.pick we would have got from Kovalev anyway...

still glad we moved him, as we now will wonder why he will be a point a game player with habs instantly...

Balei is a very very nice prospect.. he is 6-0, 22 a RW and led their ahl club in every cateogory + he is fast.

who does that remind you of ?

maybe a player we gave up in the SUPERB kovalev deal that only costed us like 15 million bucks and younger players...

by the way, by that time RICO FATA ( also led all the ahl players in points per game, 22 -23 year old and a RW and super fast )

now I wont say balej and fata is the same, but just pointing out that SATHER has done nothing RIGHT since he ARRIVED !! this deal could have been made by anyone of you. As Sather is the arrogant "worst GM and WORST coach since 1985"
even he couldnt hold up any longer for THE FIRST TRADE WE MAKE WHERE WE GET A YOUNGER PLAYER since we got Dvorak ( in a young Harvey for young Dvorak deal).

There is stil the 2 biggest problems left. TOM "no hit, only surf" Poti and Dunham.

I would personally give Poti away for free, I cant even look at a whole NYR game anymore as he irritates me so much it goes beoind the compr.

at least if we gave him to a eastern club we could win those 6 meetings. And give the starter job to Markkanen!! Dunham sucks now and have done it since his first year with the Preds... last spring he got hot and played over his potential.. now he has been the old sucking self... -----> OUT, do not let the door hit you !!!

all theese hlavaks and malakhovs... ick, Goo Sather, could you possibly find any other players that are as bad... ick....

I'm not 100% on this but we wouldn't have gotten a compensatory pick at the end of the season if Kovy wasn't traded, it only happens in the case like the Habs, they will get a compensatory pick from the league not the Rangers for Kovalev if he walks at the end of the season because they didn't sign him at the start of the season.

L.I.RangerFan 03-03-2004 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
I'm not 100% on this but we wouldn't have gotten a compensatory pick at the end of the season if Kovy wasn't traded, it only happens in the case like the Habs, they will get a compensatory pick from the league not the Rangers for Kovalev if he walks at the end of the season because they didn't sign him at the start of the season.

With the present CBA compensatory picks are based upon how much the team with the potential to get a compensatory pick spends to sign other UFA's. This is the reason the Rangers trade away the rights to UFA's to teams that don't spend alot. They end up getting something even though they are active in the FA market. The team who receives the rights (ala Edmonton w/Leetch) get the compensatory pick.

jas 03-03-2004 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup25

It all depends upon salary considerations and productivity. Kovalev most likely would have garnered the Rangers a compensation pick at the end of the 2nd round in 2005 (at best), if the Rangers did not sign a comparable UFA. And, with the upcoming labor negotiations, who knows what the conditions would be? So, instead of a possible 61st pick in 2005, Sather/Maloney get a quality prospect, plus a pick around 47 in this year's draft.

allrevvedup25 03-03-2004 07:59 AM

Thanks for the clarification JAS and LIRANGERFAN