HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   messier is killing us (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57818)

Profet 03-03-2004 12:49 AM

messier is killing us

every time he gets the puck in the neutral zone, Alzheimers kicks in and, he skates toward our goal.

hey it couldn't hurt...

dem 03-03-2004 12:53 AM

:joker:

Barnaby 03-03-2004 01:02 AM

Messier is our best player after Leetch right now.

I wouldn't complain...

Edge 03-03-2004 01:26 AM

yeah anyone know where our new star right winger has been lately?

Will the real Jaromir Jagr please stand up and please light the red light up

on second thought, keep falling guys, i want a high first rounder.

GarretJoseph 03-03-2004 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
yeah anyone know where our new star right winger has been lately?

Will the real Jaromir Jagr please stand up and please light the red light up

on second thought, keep falling guys, i want a high first rounder.

I'm happy with Jagr's play for now. 18 pts in 16 games. (9 goals)...

He's the superstar we can keep while we rebuild, NAME HOLIK captain next season and let Jagr do his magic (a player who actually wants to PLAY in nyc)

If Jagr tails off at the end of this season, I'm not worried either, it will only mean a possible higher draft pick for us...

allrevvedup25 03-03-2004 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profet
every time he gets the puck in the neutral zone, Alzheimers kicks in and, he skates toward our goal.

hey it couldn't hurt...

What are you talking about, his frickin' line is the only one scoring lately!!! Before Lacouture scroed last night, Messier's line was in the the 7 previous goals!!!! How is that hurting us??? Oh yeah, I forgot, he is giving us a chance to win and screw up our draft position!!! :mad:

RANGER#11 03-03-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
What are you talking about, his frickin' line is the only one scoring lately!!! Before Lacouture scroed last night, Messier's line was in the the 7 previous goals!!!! How is that hurting us??? Oh yeah, I forgot, he is giving us a chance to win and screw up our draft position!!! :mad:

you read my mind.

Bluenote13 03-03-2004 12:18 PM

Anyone see Mess being traded by next Tuesday's deadline?

I'd like to see it, the old man still can play, as long as icetime is limited :p

Best we could hope for is a 2nd tier prospect or mid round pick, but that suits me fine. Can we throw Poti in and get an extra set of Ginsu knives? :p

moosemessier 03-03-2004 01:01 PM

i want him gone so i can finally root for a real team. rangers eat ass. mess shows that he can play bigtime minutes and produce on a way less than average line regarding offense.
he is the best player ever and i want him in toronto. time for him and others to leave this dump.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13

I'd like to see it, the old man still can play, as long as icetime is limited :p

Best we could hope for is a 2nd tier prospect or mid round pick, but that suits me fine. Can we throw Poti in and get an extra set of Ginsu knives? :p

Jackson Ranger 03-03-2004 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13

I'm sure the team trading for Poti would hold out for the George Foreman grill! :joker:

Seriously, here's my trade of the day. Mess and Simon to Colorado for ??? (pick(s) and or minor prospect/Worrell). Reasons, Mess goes to a contender. Colorado has some insurance in case Forsberg/Nikolishin are out longer than expected. Mess/Simon have shown a lot of chemistry together, so Colorado besides experience and toughness, they get some scoring. Throw Konowalchuk on that line and I would say you would have a solid 3rd line in the playoffs. Colorado would look like this up front assuming Forsberg is healthy:

Tanguay Forsberg Hejduk
Kariya Sakic Selanne
Simon Mess Konowalchuk
Moore Hendrickson ???

As for the Rangers, they get pick(s) and maybe a prospect which is better than nothing.

Flame away.

TXNYR 03-03-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
I'm sure the team trading for Poti would hold out for the George Foreman grill! :joker:

Seriously, here's my trade of the day. Mess and Simon to Colorado for ??? (pick(s) and or minor prospect/Worrell). Reasons, Mess goes to a contender. Colorado has some insurance in case Forsberg/Nikolishin are out longer than expected. Mess/Simon have shown a lot of chemistry together, so Colorado besides experience and toughness, they get some scoring. Throw Konowalchuk on that line and I would say you would have a solid 3rd line in the playoffs. Colorado would look like this up front assuming Forsberg is healthy:

Tanguay Forsberg Hejduk
Kariya Sakic Selanne
Simon Mess Konowalchuk
Moore Hendrickson ???

As for the Rangers, they get pick(s) and maybe a prospect which is better than nothing.

Flame away.

If there is such thing as a Ranger being untouchable, I think it is Messier.

I would be pleasantly surprised, more like shocked, if Messier was traded.

Barnaby 03-03-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXNYR
If there is such thing as a Ranger being untouchable, I think it is Messier.

I would be pleasantly surprised, more like shocked, if Messier was traded.

I wouldn't be. I say trade him. There isn't the "career Ranger" type of thing like with Leetch. Move him to Colorado or Detroit for a 2nd and give him a shot to go out with a bang.