HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Balej moves up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57828)

Barnaby 03-03-2004 01:15 AM

Balej moves up

* Balej, a native of Slovakia and the 78th overall selection in the 2000 Entry Draft, has scored 25 goals with 33 assists in 55 games for the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs in this, his second pro season after playing junior hockey with Portland of the WHL. He is expected to join the Rangers upon completion of his visa requirements.

Good sounds like we'll get a chance to see him. It's always fun watching a hungry young player.

NYR2 03-03-2004 01:21 AM

Cool, I'm excited. :handclap:

#44_delivers 03-03-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
Cool, I'm excited. :handclap:

you should be he's a very exciting player.

Edge 03-03-2004 01:28 AM

it's gonna be interesting.

the kid has some things to work on, but his speed is top of the game.

he has top 6 potential, so it might be interesting.

AEKaki 03-03-2004 01:31 AM

He's a good player.
I watched him a few times.
He impressed me.

Joe Maximum 03-03-2004 02:27 AM

As a habs fan it pains me to see Josef go. This guy already has NHL speed and NHL shots. As posted by montreal in the other topic, if his offensive awareness keeps on improving at the same rate they've been improving since he got a regular shift in hamilton, he should crack the NHL soon and he will at worse become a berezin type player, and at best, who knows...

BLACKBURN 03-03-2004 02:53 AM

:handclap: cant wait to see a p....prrr......prospect? :rolly:

allrevvedup25 03-03-2004 06:40 AM

It would be nice to see Lundmark-Balej-Ortmeyer line but as our 2nd line not fourth. Please don't put Balej with Messier or Nedved!!! I think Lundy and Balej could develop some chemistry and put in some goals!!!

L.I.RangerFan 03-03-2004 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
It would be nice to see Lundmark-Balej-Ortmeyer line but as our 2nd line not fourth. Please don't put Balej with Messier or Nedved!!! I think Lundy and Balej could develop some chemistry and put in some goals!!!

I would rather see Balej - Lundmark - Jagr with Ortmeyer moving to the right of Holik and Rucinsky (until he is traded)

allrevvedup25 03-03-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
I would rather see Balej - Lundmark - Jagr with Ortmeyer moving to the right of Holik and Rucinsky (until he is traded)

yes that would be nice to see but with Jagr stating that he loves having Holik as his center, that would never happen. But then again neither would my proposed line!!

Mike The Wall 03-03-2004 08:07 AM

just what is coming up for you guys from Balej I will miss him

http://slam.canoe.ca/BulldogsFanzone/video.html

RFAN 03-03-2004 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
just what is coming up for you guys from Balej I will miss him

http://slam.canoe.ca/BulldogsFanzone/video.html

Not much not to like about that clip. Lets hope we don't screw him up!

Barnaby 03-03-2004 08:58 AM

Here are my lines next game:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr - You can make an argument to change it, but what the heck.
Lundmark-Nedved-Balej - You know Nedved isnt gonna play 4th line. I know Balej with Jagr sounds fun, but do you really want to change a 22 yr olds position?
Simon-Messier-Barnaby - Continue to showcase all 3 for potential trade
Lacatoure-Ortmeyer-Wiseman (pretty much anyone but Hlavac!!)

shmekel 03-03-2004 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
:handclap: cant wait to see a p....prrr......prospect? :rolly:

"Prospect"?
Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with that term. :D

ECL 03-03-2004 10:14 AM

That clip...

Woah.

What a deke.

Woah.

L.I.RangerFan 03-03-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
Here are my lines next game:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr - You can make an argument to change it, but what the heck.
Lundmark-Nedved-Balej - You know Nedved isnt gonna play 4th line. I know Balej with Jagr sounds fun, but do you really want to change a 22 yr olds position?
Simon-Messier-Barnaby - Continue to showcase all 3 for potential trade
Lacatoure-Ortmeyer-Wiseman (pretty much anyone but Hlavac!!)

All reports are that Balej plays both wings and as a right handed shot playing left wing would give him more angles to shoot at.

Team_Spirit 03-03-2004 01:57 PM

Balej was called up ?

Necrophile 03-03-2004 08:35 PM

Will Balej be playing a regular shift right now with the Rangers?

Wow! Looks like the dawn of a new era for Rangers fans. Good for you! Soon, you won't be the laughingstock of the NHL anymore. Think maybe they're going to stockpile their draft picks and try to come out with a Ovechkin/Crosby deal? That would be huge.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd be very excited about Balej! He is among the top scorers in the AHL (despite an NHL call-up) only behind players with 2-3 more years of pro experience. Very flashy, speedy. In the AHL all-star skills competition, he recorded a lap time that was faster than some of the NHL all-stars! Has stepped up his game big time this season. I hope to see him do well, even with a conference rival!

MattScott 03-04-2004 04:15 AM

I'm really glad to see Jo-Bal get the call for you guys. I'd been hoping Gainey would give him the call over Dagenais for a while now. Balej has speed to burn as others have posted, and his puck handling abilities are also great. He's scored some beautiful goals down on the farm this year, and it's only a matter of time before he gains the confidence and experience to do it at the NHL level. I honestly believe this deal will look foolish in a few years when Kovalev is long gone from Montreal and Balej is a consistant 20-30 goal scorer in the league.