HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Leafs-Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=578359)

Makaveli 11-30-2008 03:19 PM

Leafs-Flyers
 
To Leafs:
Lupul
Giroux
+ pick

To Flyers:
Kaberle

GKJ 11-30-2008 03:21 PM

Plausible, but may not fit under the cap, and the Flyers have too many defensemen coming off LTIR. They'd have to take Jones in any such trade, so you can take out the pick in your proposal.

blah 11-30-2008 03:25 PM

Don't need Kaberle, unless Carle is going the other way. At this point, they'd be better off adding another solid stay at home dman like Ossi V..

BrindamoursNose 11-30-2008 03:51 PM

NO anddddd here's why:

I'm not giving up Giroux for an older player like him whooo is only a bargain due to his contract.

anddd Kaberle has NOT played like himself this season. I'm not going to trade Lupul, who is having a fine year so far, and Giroux and a pick for a D-Man we don't need.

It's true fans, we don't need him. Carle, Timmonen have held down the D. Coburn is doing fine, but with Parent and Jones coming back..we don't need Kaberle.

LeafsGetTavares* 11-30-2008 04:00 PM

How about Carter for Kaberle?

Haute Couturier 11-30-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares (Post 16580157)
How about Carter for Kaberle?

Nope, Carter is worth more to the Flyers than Kaberle.

BrindamoursNose 11-30-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares (Post 16580157)
How about Carter for Kaberle?

There's no one on your team I'd trade Carter for other than potentially Schenn, and I'd have to think about that

bang bang 11-30-2008 04:08 PM

what round is the pick

BrindamoursNose 11-30-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tank4tavares (Post 16580264)
what round is the pick

Doesn't matter, Lupul and Giroux is too much as it is.

Nikita Filatov* 11-30-2008 04:17 PM

Looks pretty good.

Geese_Howard* 11-30-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 (Post 16579701)
To Leafs:
Lupul
Giroux
+ pick

To Flyers:
Kaberle

burke traded lupul cause he didnt like the way he played, no way he takes him back.

LeafsGetTavares* 11-30-2008 04:27 PM

Kabrle is one of the best puck moving D-Men in the leauge i bet a top 6 in the leauge. Then, look how good his contract is. He's not very old, he just turned 30 this year.

GKJ 11-30-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah (Post 16579778)
Don't need Kaberle, unless Carle is going the other way. At this point, they'd be better off adding another solid stay at home dman like Ossi V..

30 NHL teams need Tomas Kaberle.

LeafsGetTavares* 11-30-2008 04:33 PM

Lidstrom
Phaneuf
Chara
Kaberle
Markov
Green/Campell

Kim is right, there is not a single team that doesn't need him

Nizdizzle 11-30-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 16580054)
NO anddddd here's why:

I'm not giving up Giroux for an older player like him whooo is only a bargain due to his contract.

What else should Kaberle be a bargain in? Thats like saying a Brodeur is only good because he stops the puck from going in the net.

And 30 years old is not old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 16580299)
anddd Kaberle has NOT played like himself this season. I'm not going to trade Lupul, who is having a fine year so far, and Giroux and a pick for a D-Man we don't need.

It's true fans, we don't need him. Carle, Timmonen have held down the D. Coburn is doing fine, but with Parent and Jones coming back..we don't need Kaberle.

Hes on pace for 53 points on one of the worst teams in the NHL. If he isn't playing like himself this season, it'll sure be scary when he does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 16580299)
Doesn't matter, Lupul and Giroux is too much as it is.

:rolleyes: Yup, a streaky winger who produces only when with a very good center, and a good prospect is too much for one of the premier puckmoving D-men in the league signed to a ridiculous contract.

Dig Out Your Soul 11-30-2008 04:52 PM

Take out the pick and add Jones (have to for salary reasons) and I'd probably do it.

Flames Fanatic 11-30-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan311 (Post 16580716)
What else should Kaberle be a
And 30 years old is not old.

Whoa Nelly, don't get so up in arms.

He said "older" as in terms of having been on the earth more years than the prospect they would give up.

LeafsGetTavares* 11-30-2008 04:52 PM

Dude if kaberle is getting 53 points without a top player i agree imagine if he was playing with a good player

Mark Sterit is 3rd in points in the leauge and has two more points than kaberle. He also has one more game played. But ya other than that, being amazing in every situation, with a great contract and being 30 young he sucks lol

Nizdizzle 11-30-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic (Post 16580773)
Whoa Nelly, don't get so up in arms.

He said "older" as in terms of having been on the earth more years than the prospect they would give up.

I didn't get up in arms about the "older" comment, just one simple statement. I do however believe he was trying to use Kaberles age as a reason not to trade for him however in his argument (Which is silly for a team like Philly to avoid 30-YO's)

Nizdizzle 11-30-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares (Post 16580775)
Dude if kaberle is getting 53 points without a top player i agree imagine if he was playing with a good player

Mark Sterit is 3rd in points in the leauge and has two more points than kaberle. He also has one more game played. But ya other than that, being amazing in every situation, with a great contract and being 30 young he sucks lol

I think saying Kabs is "amazing in every situation" might be pushing it a bit. As his defensive game isn't stellar.

HockeyThoughts 11-30-2008 05:05 PM

Heres my proposal, compared to Boyle to SJ:

Leafs give:
Kaberle = Boyle
Poni = Lukowich

Flyers give:
Giroux = Wishart
Parent = Carle
1st rounder = Late 1st

---

What am I going to hear now? Thats too much for Kaberle!!! Those are our best prospects and a 1st!! OMGZ!!!11 The last time I checked, prospects and draft picks don't win you cups, real proven players do. GM's understand this while many members at HFBoards have yet to grasp that concept..and also guess what, you gotta GIVE to GET.

Look at the facts:
-Boyle was traded in the offseason, Kaberle will be traded nearer to the deadline, where value is at its highest.

-Kaberle is signed to a discount deal of 4.25m, Boyle signed to much more expensive contract of 6.6m.

-Kaberle is 30 while Boyle is 32.

-Kaberle career high: 9G-58A-67pts & Career totals: 402pts in 682gp
Boyle career high: 20G-43A-63pts & Career totals: 292pts in 523gp

BillyShoe1721 11-30-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun (Post 16580920)
Heres my proposal, compared to Boyle to SJ:

Leafs give:
Kaberle = Boyle
Poni = Lukowich

Flyers give:
Giroux = Wishart
Parent = Carle
1st rounder = Late 1st

---

What am I going to hear now? Thats too much for Kaberle!!! Those are our best prospects and a 1st!! OMGZ!!!11 The last time I checked, prospects and draft picks don't win you cups, real proven players do. GM's understand this while many members at HFBoards have yet to grasp that concept..and also guess what, you gotta GIVE to GET.

Look at the facts:
-Boyle was traded in the offseason, Kaberle will be traded nearer to the deadline, where value is at its highest.

-Kaberle is signed to a discount deal of 4.25m, Boyle signed to much more expensive contract of 6.6m.

-Kaberle is 30 while Boyle is 32.

-Kaberle career high: 9G-58A-67pts & Career totals: 402pts in 682gp
Boyle career high: 20G-43A-63pts & Career totals: 292pts in 523gp

Take out Ponikarovsky and the 1st round pick and make the pick a 3rd.

JGalt 11-30-2008 05:21 PM

1. Randy Jones would have to go for cap reasons.
2. Flyers don't give up Giroux as Kaberle is fairly redundant given who they already have.

LeafsGetTavares* 11-30-2008 05:22 PM

Kaberle is better than boyle tho

Mike Richards 18 11-30-2008 05:25 PM

lupul and jones and third for kabs. other then that dont want him. we need a tougher dman


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.