HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The KHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   KHL All-Stars Game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=578642)

ViD 12-01-2008 01:19 PM

KHL All-Stars Game

This year it is gonna be "Yashin Team" (best Russian players) vs "Jagr Team" (best foreigners). This game format was voted by fans who had two options: "Yashin vs Jagr" and "East vs West". The margin was very small, but first option came out on top.

There will be Skills Competition which is going to include 7 events:

- The Fastest Skater

- Shootout Skill

- Long Range Shot

- Zigzag Team Relay (I believe it is based on puck control)

- Goalie Competition

- Accurate Shooting

- Speed Relay

Captains had an option to choose two partners. Yashin chose Andrey Nikolishin(Traktor's C) and Alexey Kudashov(Lokomotiv's C). Jagr chose Marcel Hossa and Jakub Klepis.

The fan voting for starting five will start tomorrow.

RedAce 12-03-2008 09:56 AM

this is GREAT news!! I was wondering if they were gonna have an all star game this year. do you happen to know when will the game be held? and where will it be??
where can i vote for my favorite players??

Thanx for the info ViD!

Metallian* 12-03-2008 10:13 AM

well thats not a very even match up

who will be on the foreign team? jagr, marek....

do CIS guys count as imports? i forget, if so then Perezhogin, kolesnik...uh...

v-man 12-03-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedAce (Post 16624143)
this is GREAT news!! I was wondering if they were gonna have an all star game this year. do you happen to know when will the game be held? and where will it be??
where can i vote for my favorite players??

Thanx for the info ViD!

The game itself is on Jan. 10th.

Each team will be made up of 9 forwards, 6 defencemen and 2 goalies.

Voting is supposed to have started on khl.ru yesterday for the starting 5 and the starting goalie. You have until December 22 to vote, after which the results will be made public.

The media will vote for the second lines and goaltenders, the results of which will be released Dec. 26

The rest of the players/replacements if necessary will be announced by the league on Jan 8.

cska78 12-03-2008 11:59 AM

is the game going to be on the Red Square? CIS guy's count as imports - kalyuzniy is on import team. Why is it unfair?

Metallian* 12-03-2008 01:24 PM

anyone want to take a crack at a projected lineup?

v-man 12-05-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 16626035)
is the game going to be on the Red Square?

Yup, they just announced it today.

Bizz06 12-05-2008 02:00 PM

the words 'Yashin' and 'All Star' in the same sentence makes me giggle.

cska78 12-05-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizz06 (Post 16665551)
the words 'Yashin' and 'All Star' in the same sentence makes me giggle.

keep giggling in my book he's a really good player who had a long-long outstanding carer. but you keep giggling.

Pro's: The veteran's game was really-really beautiful at the red-square. I expect our all-star game being just as. Also open air games always kick butt.

Con's: once the game is at the R-square you know that your average fan is not making it there. I am looking forward to watching the game, wish it was broadcasted in HD somewhere in US, but mostlikely will be watching it with the russiantvonline.com.

For all you haters - when you got nothing good to say, please shut up and don't say anything at all.

Metallian* 12-05-2008 09:01 PM

it is funny that yashin is the captain of an all star team, though

cska78 12-06-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlehead (Post 16670841)
it is funny that yashin is the captain of an all star team, though

Please explain to me what's funny? The most devoted NT player in the last decade, came when asked if asked and the minute he was asked, while Mogilniy's, Fedorov's, Khabibulin's and etc. were playing hard to get. He captained in the NHL, he played in the all-star games in the NHL, and while his game droped a notch he's still one of the best Russian players out there.

pouskin74* 12-06-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 16676723)
Please explain to me what's funny? The most devoted NT player in the last decade, came when asked if asked and the minute he was asked, while Mogilniy's, Fedorov's, Khabibulin's and etc. were playing hard to get. He captained in the NHL, he played in the all-star games in the NHL, and while his game droped a notch he's still one of the best Russian players out there.

agree a 100%

Metallian* 12-06-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 16676723)
Please explain to me what's funny?

because he's one of the most selfish, lazy players of all time

Siberian 12-06-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlehead (Post 16678910)
because he's one of the most selfish, lazy players of all time

There is a lot of fans who know nothing about Yashin even though the guy was in the league for so long, but this is understandable, because these fans depend a lot on the media. Once media chose Yashin as a scapegoat it was expected that a lot of people would be hating Yashin. What is not expected is that the GM's in the NHL are just as stupid. Just look at the Islanders. Since they signed Yashin they started making the playoffs consistently while having incredibly mediocre roster. Then what do they do? They buy Yashin out, one of the most consistent guys in the league, who gets you 0.8 ppg and rarely gets hurt. Well, expectedly the Islanders turn into a joke of a club, laughing stock of the league. I am not Yashin fan, he's never proven himself in the playoffs, but you know what, neither his teammates. Yashin also may be also liking money little more than the average NHL player, so what, can you blame him?

Metallian* 12-07-2008 01:37 AM

im not disputing his talent

Titan124 12-07-2008 09:54 AM

As an Islander fan, I hope Yashin loses becuase he's Yashin, and I also hope Jagr loses since he was the face of the Rangers. For us Islanders fans this is pretty much a lose lose haha

cska78 12-08-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan124 (Post 16693108)
As an Islander fan, I hope Yashin loses becuase he's Yashin, and I also hope Jagr loses since he was the face of the Rangers. For us Islanders fans this is pretty much a lose lose haha

there are still Islanders fans? hahaha

ViD 12-08-2008 01:36 PM

If Yashin was still playing for Isles, they wouldnt be this bunch of suckas they are right now.

cjerina 12-08-2008 01:40 PM

The Foreign team wont be an All-Star team until Matt Ellison is on the roster! :sarcasm:

El Maestro 12-09-2008 04:06 AM

Is there any list where we can see all the players that will be in the KHL asg?

cska78 12-09-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djo89 (Post 16720378)
Is there any list where we can see all the players that will be in the KHL asg?

Once the rosters are voted in, there will be a list, I don't even know if you can still vote or not on the KHL site, some players will be voted in by the media too.

http://www.khl.ru/media/votes.php

only in Russian though...

cska78 12-09-2008 05:57 AM

The highest amount of vote went to Ben Clymer on D for the team Jagr...the whole Belorus voted him in? Antonenko and Kalyuzniy are the hightest ranked forwards:)

El Maestro 12-09-2008 10:40 AM

Thx.

El Maestro 12-09-2008 10:43 AM

I have some difficulty with the name in Russian :D

cska78 12-10-2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djo89 (Post 16722291)
I have some difficulty with the name in Russian :D

use google translator or smth.