HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sundin vs. Bouwmeester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=578685)

JHabs 12-01-2008 02:27 PM

Sundin vs. Bouwmeester
 
Who would you rather want? As is keep in mind. if you could have between Sundin or Bouwmeester, with their current contracts not (if this) or He would have to... that. Sundin at say 5-6 mil, and Bouwmeester at his current contract.

Who would you rather have?

Maxpac 12-01-2008 02:31 PM

Bouwneester far and ahead, especially if it's a trade and sign deal. a top 6 of Markov-Komisarek-Hamrlik-Bouwneester-O'byrne-Georges would be amazing, possibly the best D group in the league

Darz 12-01-2008 02:32 PM

Just for clarification that is JBo at $4.875M

I would go with Sundin.

Another advantage about Sundin is to get him, you give up nothing, to get JBo you will be giving up quite a bit.

usernam 12-01-2008 02:33 PM

Although I prefer Bouwmeester, I'd take Sundin since he's free.

Drive425 12-01-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16592177)
Bouwneester far and ahead, especially if it's a trade and sign deal. a top 6 of Markov-Komisarek-Hamrlik-Bouwneester-O'byrne-Georges would be amazing, possibly the best D group in the league

+1

J Bo would make a bigger impact on the team then Sundin. Besides, you'd have to question Sundin's commitment based on the fact that he wasn't even sure he wanted to play hockey this summer.

JHabs 12-01-2008 02:37 PM

The way I see it, We get Jbo sure we give up alot, but we have a chance at re-signing him for longer. WE get sundin, its a done deal with no re-signing, and his commitment/inspiration/motivation level would be questionable.

So I'd pay the extra pick or prospect if it meant getting Jbo another #1 Offensive Defender.

CPrice 12-01-2008 02:40 PM

Sundin, he was crazy good last year and almost pushed the leafs to the playoffs single handedly. I really havent seen enough of JBO to judge though.

Habs10Habs 12-01-2008 02:41 PM

Touch call as I'm a big Jay-Bo fan. But considering how much we would have to give up for him, plus the effect signing him long term would have on the salary cap. I would have to say Sundin.

Darz 12-01-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarfangor (Post 16592282)
The way I see it, We get Jbo sure we give up alot, but we have a chance at re-signing him for longer. WE get sundin, its a done deal with no re-signing, and his commitment/inspiration/motivation level would be questionable.

So I'd pay the extra pick or prospect if it meant getting Jbo another #1 Offensive Defender.

????Why would it be questionable??????? If anything that would be the one thing you wouldn't have to worried about. The guy isn't motivated by money anymore, obviously, he just wants to win.

Commitment/Inspiration/Motivation would be the LEAST f my worries if we got Sundin.

mariolemieux66 12-01-2008 02:57 PM

Bouwmeester seem very, very overated!

Sundin will cost us nothing and will be a big upgrade to Lang.

Sundin hands down over Bouwmeester

Garo 12-01-2008 02:58 PM

Bouwmeester. Fits the team perfectly.

Habs 12-01-2008 02:58 PM

What's with all the Bouwmeester love?

Chomsky 12-01-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 16592739)
What's with all the Bouwmeester love?

He's one hell of a D-man, that is what there's with Jay-Bo's love.

Habs10Habs 12-01-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 16592739)
What's with all the Bouwmeester love?

I don't know a 25 min per game D-man with size and great skating. Who can provide solid offense and defense. What the hell was I thinking? :shakehead

hototogisu 12-01-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 16592862)
I don't know a 25 min per game D-man with size and great skating. Who can provide solid offense and defense. What the hell was I thinking? :shakehead

Bouwmeester's led the league in icetime for the past two years I think...I know this year, at least, he's logging 28 minutes per game. He's out there for almost half the game, every night. That's pretty amazing considering he's still a young guy.

I think HF tends to overrate J-Bo at times but still, I would kill to have him on the Habs...he's exactly what we need (except for the fact that he's another UFA...)

Drive425 12-01-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz (Post 16592400)
????Why would it be questionable??????? If anything that would be the one thing you wouldn't have to worried about. The guy isn't motivated by money anymore, obviously, he just wants to win.

Commitment/Inspiration/Motivation would be the LEAST f my worries if we got Sundin.

Unfortunately Darz, those would be my biggest concerns. No one hear would say they don't want Sundin. What concerns me is that he's been a star in the NHL for many years and suddenly he doesn't know if he wants to play anymore. I think Stevie Y put it best when he said if you're not 100% sure you want to retire then don't.

Sundin has been dragging his ass around since the summer and pulling interested teams along with him. If the guy was committed and motivated, wouldn't he have been ready to go come training camp? I mean it's not like he was injured or anything like that. Let's face it...he's just been dogging it.

Personally, not the kind of example I would want to bring into my dressing room with so many young and impressionable kids in the room.

Habs10Habs 12-01-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 16592886)
Bouwmeester's led the league in icetime for the past two years I think...that's pretty amazing considering he's still a young guy.

I think HF tends to overrate J-Bo at times but still, I would kill to have him on the Habs...he's exactly what we need (except for the fact that he's another UFA...)

I don't know what his actual minutes per game are off hand. But I know he's close to 28 mins per and one of the top, if not the top when it comes to defenseman.

Edit: Oh I'm good, according to NHL.com he's at 28.03 minutes per game.

He is a little overrated on HF. But I agree, he would be a perfect fit for our top 4. (No offense against Gorges)

Habs 12-01-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 16592862)
I don't know a 25 min per game D-man with size and great skating. Who can provide solid offense and defense. What the hell was I thinking? :shakehead

Sounds like Ryan O'byrne, up until this year.

Habs10Habs 12-01-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drive425 (Post 16592913)
Unfortunately Darz, those would be my biggest concerns. No one hear would say they don't want Sundin. What concerns me is that he's been a star in the NHL for many years and suddenly he doesn't know if he wants to play anymore. I think Stevie Y put it best when he said if you're not 100% sure you want to retire then don't.

Sundin has been dragging his ass around since the summer and pulling interested teams along with him. If the guy was committed and motivated, wouldn't he have been ready to go come training camp? I mean it's not like he was injured or anything like that. Let's face it...he's just been dogging it.

Personally, not the kind of example I would want to bring into my dressing room with so many young and impressionable kids in the room.

I'm going to have to agree with Darz on this one. The fact that he's taken this much time to make sure that he is ready. Makes me believe that once he does make a final decision to come back. *crosses fingers since I have him in my hockey pool*. He will be 100% motivated to pursue one goal, the Stanley Cup. He's already proven IMO that it's not money or attention that he is seeking.

Habs10Habs 12-01-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 16592972)
Sounds like Ryan O'byrne, up until this year.

The only difference is Jay-Bo has been doing it in the NHL for 6 seasons. While O'Byrne is still working on finding his groove. Also, Jay-Bo is only 1 year older than O'Byrne.

Drive425 12-01-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 16593036)
I'm going to have to agree with Darz on this one. The fact that he's taken this much time to make sure that he is ready. Makes me believe that once he does make a final decision to come back. *crosses fingers since I have him in my hockey pool*. He will be 100% motivated to pursue one goal, the Stanley Cup. He's already proven IMO that it's not money or attention that he is seeking.

WTF was the problem then? I had alot of respect for Sundin as a hockey player and I'm just not sure what happened to the guy other then getting married. I dunno, I get all worked up when people talk Sundin because I had a huge man crush on the guy and he basically snubbed Les Habs. Pissed me off big time! Oh well, C'est la vie

Sundin = :scared:

Chomsky 12-01-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 16593115)
The only difference is Jay-Bo has been doing it in the NHL for 6 seasons. While O'Byrne is still working on finding his groove. Also, Jay-Bo is only 1 year older than O'Byrne.

And that Jay-Bo had a 40 pts season and could probably have a 50 pts season on an offensive team like Montreal. (the last 10 games are not normal and don't represent our team. Hopefully..)

Habs 12-01-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 16593115)
The only difference is Jay-Bo has been doing it in the NHL for 6 seasons. While O'Byrne is still working on finding his groove. Also, Jay-Bo is only 1 year older than O'Byrne.

Jay-Bo reminds me of Sean Hill and Bret Hedican which is why I don't get too worked up over him.

JHabs 12-01-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 16593324)
Jay-Bo reminds me of Sean Hill and Bret Hedican which is why I don't get too worked up over him.

Yeah but keep in mind He is trying to Carry a team with virtually no offense, and poor defense. Their Goaltending is Solid but with him being the only solid franchise player it definately makes him look bad. IMO 40 points on one of the worst teams in the league 3-4 years in a row is a great feat considering how many minutes hes logging with which linemates hes passing to.

Habs10Habs 12-01-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drive425 (Post 16593200)
WTF was the problem then? I had alot of respect for Sundin as a hockey player and I'm just not sure what happened to the guy other then getting married. I dunno, I get all worked up when people talk Sundin because I had a huge man crush on the guy and he basically snubbed Les Habs. Pissed me off big time! Oh well, C'est la vie

Sundin = :scared:

If I knew I could make millions selling the story. So like everyone else I can only speculate that he has certain standards that he has set for himself when it comes to hockey. This year for the first time, the season started and he doubted he could maintain those standards.

As for snubbing the Habs, I would much rather he said no since he wasn't 100% sure. If he would have taken Gainey's offer than came to play half assed for us, then I would be pissed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.