HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Opportunity for a trade with Vancouver (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=578885)

gee 12-02-2008 12:34 AM

Opportunity for a trade with Vancouver

with Roberto Luongo already out, Vancouver lost Curtis Sanford tonight as well.

Would one of our goalers generate anything significant in a trade with the nucks?

is there anything specific you would want?

Originalsix 12-02-2008 12:42 AM

Oh wow, this is intriguing. Canucks don't have any decent prospects in the minors? At least as a stop gap till Luongo's back.

I would ask for Mathias Ohlund in exchange for Halak, straight up, since you're desperate ;)

SpreeEndaz 12-02-2008 12:45 AM

I'm starting to wonder if HFBoards is recursive.

Peter Griffin 12-02-2008 12:47 AM

If Sanford is out for any amount of time, Cory Schneider will be more than capable of filling in. Luongo is also skating again so he could be back a lot sooner than originally expected.

NewHabsEra* 12-02-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gee (Post 16601503)

Would one of our goalers generate anything significant in a trade with the nucks?

Luongo is expected to be out for 1 month if Im not wrong, They have the young Corey Schneider, they are not in trouble, this team will step back Im not worried..

snakeye 12-02-2008 12:49 AM

I hope you're talking about trading Marc Denis.

VAN-HAB 12-02-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

no, Luongo is with the team now, and he was at practice today with the whole gear on. Did not take any shots but he is closer to return, not surprised if he is back sooner than later. Meanwhile give a chance to Corey and see how plays in NHL (I am a bick fan of him)

mariolemieux66 12-02-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin (Post 16601707)
If Sanford is out for any amount of time, Cory Schneider will be more than capable of filling in. Luongo is also skating again so he could be back a lot sooner than originally expected.

That is still to be seen if Scheider can fill in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB (Post 16601739)
no, Luongo is with the team now, and he was at practice today with the whole gear on. Did not take any shots but he is closer to return, not surprised if he is back sooner than later. Meanwhile give a chance to Corey and see how plays in NHL (I am a bick fan of him)

Luongo will be out at least a month. For a goaltender groin injuries are important to be healed completely

Kriss E 12-02-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 (Post 16601915)
That is still to be seen if Scheider can fill in.

Luongo will be out at least a month. For a goaltender groin injuries are important to be healed completely

I don't see how they would be taking less of a risk to go after Halak to fill in. Pretty much the same uncertainty.

Chomsky 12-02-2008 01:17 AM

Schneider is more than capable to be a regular starter, sanford is a decent back-up. No thx from Mtl either, halak stays.

mariolemieux66 12-02-2008 01:31 AM

I watched Schnedeir against the Flames on saturday and tonight against the blue jackets and i cant say i was impressed. He is often out of position or chaleenging the shooter to aggressively,it work in the AHL where players have less skills and speed but it does'nt work in the big league, but then again he only has 2 games played

Stradale 12-02-2008 01:37 AM

I dont see what could we do with them.

Trade Halak? So will we have Denis as our back up and if Price is injured, Denis and Desjardins will be our goalies?

I would consider to trade Halak at the deadline but its way too risky to trade him now that early in the season.

LyricalLyricist 12-02-2008 02:54 AM

I wouldn't trade halak period, he's under contract, he hasn't said a word about ice time. He's a good team player, why trade him while he's under contract at a good price?

About cory, bob mckenzie said he's 'as good as or almost as good as carey price'...'a potential franchise goalie' they say. Dominated the AHL apparently, I don't see why vancouver would make this move foolishly. Then know luongo will be back and play the majority of the games, having Cory, Jaro, Curtis and luongo isn't gonna do them any good, especially at the expense of an ohlund or something we can actually use.

Lord Horse 12-02-2008 04:33 AM

Cory Schneider isn't going to get much better facing AHL shooters, he's got primacy over any idea of trading for another goalie. They may make a move for an extra depth goaler depending on Sanford's back.

One Man Rock Band 12-02-2008 06:24 AM

Schneider + Burrows + Edler for Price. ;)

Monctonscout 12-02-2008 07:36 AM

Quote:

Denis for both Sedins.

What???

It's no worse than the stuff we have beebn reading for weeks.

Tortue 12-02-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 16602426)

Trade Halak? So will we have Denis as our back up and if Price is injured, Denis and Desjardins will be our goalies?

I would consider to trade Halak at the deadline but its way too risky to trade him now that early in the season.

Yeah and then Denis will get shot in a nightclub a week after that Desjardins will break his leg in a go kart crash. Then Robert Mayer would fall of his house and break both arms, then the big guy in the OHL will be cut in 2 and we will have our 2 goalies.

Habs 4 Life 12-02-2008 08:39 AM

Luongo was already back in training yesterday,probably 2-3 weeks away.Canucks won't trade anything important for a 2-3 week period and also if you think Gainey is going to make a move let's keep dreaming

Pascal 12-02-2008 09:01 AM

Schneider >>> Halak

Bob McKenzie even went so far as putting him in Price's stratosphere when it comes to potential.

Habs10Habs 12-02-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 16603610)
Luongo was already back in training yesterday,probably 2-3 weeks away.Canucks won't trade anything important for a 2-3 week period and also if you think Gainey is going to make a move let's keep dreaming

He only was on the ice for a light skate *in full equipment* Monday and this morning. He didn't take part in any drills and he didn't face any shots. So I don't think Nuck fans will be seeing him in their line up until early January.

bert 12-02-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originalsix (Post 16601636)
Oh wow, this is intriguing. Canucks don't have any decent prospects in the minors? At least as a stop gap till Luongo's back.

I would ask for Mathias Ohlund in exchange for Halak, straight up, since you're desperate ;)

They have arguably the best goaltending prospect in the world.

Lone Rogue 12-02-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

One quarterback. One goalie.

It's how it works, bro ;)

hototogisu 12-02-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 16603714)
Schneider >>> Halak

Bob McKenzie even went so far as putting him in Price's stratosphere when it comes to potential.

There goes Bob McKenzie's credibility.

:sarcasm:

Saint Patrick 12-02-2008 01:20 PM

We'll take Pavel Bure k thanks

Mad Habber 12-02-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Then we are only one more freak injury away from having Loic Lacasse in Mtl.

What are the chances? That's only 2 injured players. Our #1 and maybe our backup.

Stuff like that never happens.

Just look at the Canucks.

They lost their #1.

And now their backup. D'oh!

Hmm. How about we keep Halak. If Price gets injured, our backup can still play like a #1 goalie.

And this time gives the Canucks a good opportunity to evaluate Schneider.