HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Chipchura, Its Time! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=578981)

dutchy29 12-02-2008 10:01 AM

Chipchura, Its Time!

I really would like to see some on-line support for this guy. I don't often get excited about a defensive minded forward but this guy has always impressed me when brought up to the bigs. I've read some other posts in regards to Dandenault, Begin
maybe not pulling their weight.
What do you guys think, bring Chipchura up?

BadKiwi 12-02-2008 10:04 AM

I don't think it is what we need. But I'd still like to see him, he's a great guy and player. The guy never had anything negative to say about his demotion and worked his ass off in the minors. Great character guy, but not the offensive spark we need right now. I guess this is why Dags got the call up before him.

Jigger77 12-02-2008 10:05 AM

I went to watch Hamilton play the other day at the Bell Center and what struck me was that he has really good hockey sense. He was used on the PP and the PK (although the PK was brutal for the Dogs that night) and he seemed to be a leader on the ice and the bench.

There was one thing that stood out though. He doesn't have the foot speed for the NHL imho. One particular play really highlighted this when the Senator's defenceman lost the puck at the blue line and was caught flat-footed. Chipchura tried to get around him and take the puck in alone but he never made it around. I'm pretty sure a guy with the speed say of MaxPac would have made it to that puck before the defenseman, or at least would have made him battle for it.

Maybe he was at the end of a shift but that's what I noticed the other night. He's slow. Good all around player other than that.

Blind Gardien 12-02-2008 10:07 AM

It would not be sensible to waive one of the players mentioned in the poll in order to bring up Chipchura. Begin and Lapierre in particular have played very well of late, so I don't know where you might have heard of them not pulling their weight.

I think Chipchura's chances are dependent on injuries; this time, D'Agostini got the call based on his strong start, and the fact that Tanguay was one of the injured players. Next time it might be Chipchura's turn.

At a stretch - which I don't think will transpire - a demotion to SKost might be Chipchura's chance for a recall (which would be a neat twist for some posters around here! :) ). But not the players listed in the poll.

Andrighetto Fabolous 12-02-2008 10:08 AM

If this was 2 weeks ago I would've for sure called up Chips over any one of those 3 guys, but lately Lapierre and Begin have been playing very well and Dandenault didn't look THAT bad on defence for his first regular season game there in like a year and a half.

Treal 12-02-2008 10:10 AM

With Lapierre and Begin doing pretty good lately and with Dandenault on defense, I would try Chipchura at center and let Lapierre/Begin run wild on the wings.

But I don't see that happening any time soon though.

montreal 12-02-2008 10:10 AM

As is, next year he should be a full timer. He's doing well in Hamilton and I want to see him continue to work on his offensive game (he's looked better offensively imo) and work on face-offs (don't know his stats but he at least appears to be doing better in the f-o's) and improve his first step quickness.

I know the game at the Bell center the fans said the PK stunk but that's the opposite of most nights, the PK led by Chipchura has been very good this year. The Chipchura-Russell duo has been the dogs top PK unit. He's also putting up good numbers with the less skilled linemates of Stewart and Russell.

zurg999 12-02-2008 10:12 AM

I would like to see him called up and SKost sent down, but only because I'd like to see the aftermath of Erika's self-immolation.

Monctonscout 12-02-2008 10:14 AM

At this point I fail to see the need to call him up. We have 15 forwards on the roster. He'll get an extended shot next year.

Patty Roy 12-02-2008 10:17 AM

I voted as is....Chipchura is not going to change much at this point if we bring him in over Begin, Lapierre, Kostopolous, etc...

If one or more of those guys gets hurt, i would like to see Chips and/or Stewart given a look on the 4th line, but for now they are ok developing in the AHL. I think both will have a good crack at the 4th line next year in Montreal when a few of our plumbers are sure to be gone.

BigTimer* 12-02-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treal (Post 16604777)
With Lapierre and Begin doing pretty good lately and with Dandenault on defense, I would try Chipchura at center and let Lapierre/Begin run wild on the wings.

But I don't see that happening any time soon though.

Lapierre has improved a fair amount on face-offs... He might not have the cerebral advantage on Chipchura as a centreman, but he certainly has the face-off edge.

C4KOMI 12-02-2008 10:55 AM

this guy plays the same game that carboneau used to play and yet he doesnt like him. he should have been in montreal by now.

BaseballCoach 12-02-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 16604748)
It would not be sensible to waive one of the players mentioned in the poll in order to bring up Chipchura. Begin and Lapierre in particular have played very well of late, so I don't know where you might have heard of them not pulling their weight.

I think Chipchura's chances are dependent on injuries; this time, D'Agostini got the call based on his strong start, and the fact that Tanguay was one of the injured players. Next time it might be Chipchura's turn.

At a stretch - which I don't think will transpire - a demotion to SKost might be Chipchura's chance for a recall (which would be a neat twist for some posters around here! :) ). But not the players listed in the poll.

I agree in principle. However, even in this scenario, the demoted fellow could be
O'Byrne, if Dandenault becomes the spare defenceman.

Guy Germaine 12-02-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigger77 (Post 16604730)
There was one thing that stood out though. He doesn't have the foot speed for the NHL imho.

That's the only thing keeping out of the NHL right now.

I never saw him play a junior game so I don't now how fast he was before his injury, but when it happened there was a lot of talk about if he'd ever be the same player he was when the Habs drafted him. So who knows if Chipchura ever makes it.

Goldthorpe 12-02-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4KOMI (Post 16605270)
this guy plays the same game that carboneau used to play and yet he doesnt like him. he should have been in montreal by now.

That's Gainey decision, not Carboneau. And it has much more to do with Chip waiver status than anything else.

Darz 12-02-2008 01:26 PM

No need to rush Chipchura. Worst case is he isn't up til next year, at which time he is almost guarantee to have a roster spot.

albertabound 12-02-2008 03:43 PM

Next year--If I were Chip next July09 when his entry level is complete I would request to be traded heck even now. You can only get shafted so many times and that is now 2 strikes 3 your out!!!!

dutchy29 12-02-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4KOMI (Post 16605270)

Thank you. I'm also glad to see some support for sending Dandenault down, this guy skates hard about 60% of his shifts.

Magic33 12-02-2008 04:36 PM

I think he might have to suck it up for one more year. Especially with our 4th line playing so well right now, I doubt he gets called up unless someone gets hurt. Next year im sure he'll be on board full time.

CanadienErrant* 12-02-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchy29 (Post 16604682)
I really would like to see some on-line support for this guy. I don't often get excited about a defensive minded forward but this guy has always impressed me when brought up to the bigs. I've read some other posts in regards to Dandenault, Begin
maybe not pulling their weight.
What do you guys think, bring Chipchura up?

and S.Kostitsyn, down...

Erika 12-02-2008 06:25 PM

Kyle Chipchura = Bust

Mark my words !!

He is fine where is is now, which means the AHL.

:teach: