HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Facebook Hab media apology (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=579547)

BBrowser 12-03-2008 06:24 PM

Facebook Hab media apology
 
Hi,

I started this Facebook group to extend a Hab fan apology about the exessive (and dog gone awful) media coverage in Montreal.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=52590620585

Feel free to post anything you find offensive there, like the RDS "send the K bros to Syberia" saga.

The text:

We, Montreal Canadiens fans wish to apologize to the organization and players for the painfully intrusive and mediocre media coverage they face each day. We understand you must be fed up with the soap opera that has become our beloved game.

Nous, partisans des Canadiens de Montréal, désirons nous excuser auprès des joueurs et de l'administration pour la couverture journalistique excessive et médiocre qu'ils doivent subir. Nous comprenons très bien que vous devez en avoir assez du cirque qu'est devenu notre sport préféré.

Go Habs Go!

GoneAway 12-03-2008 06:24 PM

Spam!

BBrowser 12-03-2008 06:26 PM

Why is it spam, it's totally Habs related?

Watsatheo 12-03-2008 06:42 PM

There once was a monkey with 2 Habs jerseys. That monkey did not know what to do with the extra jersey so it ate it. That's when it realized that it could have sold it. Monkey became very mad so decided to go out and eat everybody's extra jerseys. If you don't post this 3 times before the end of the day, the monkey will find you and eat you jerseys.

Now this is spam.

GoneAway 12-03-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrowser (Post 16631030)
Why is it spam, it's totally Habs related?

SPAM!

le_sean 12-03-2008 06:43 PM

Yeah I'm sure the entire Habs organization is going to go there and say "Thanks". You're not really doing anything, the media is not going to stop because you started a group. What does your apology even mean to them? Are you the head of RDS?

So yeah, it's spam.

BBrowser 12-03-2008 06:49 PM

We managed to get rid of Pedneault with a facebook page and incessant posta on blogs about how awful he is. I guess English media isn't as xenophobic and aggravating...

ti-vite 12-03-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrowser (Post 16631316)
We managed to get rid of Pedneault with a facebook page and incessant posta on blogs about how awful he is. I guess English media isn't as xenophobic and aggravating...

RDS fired him because of a facebook page?

BBrowser 12-03-2008 06:52 PM

It was part of it -- something like 10 000 members, don't remember.

BBrowser 12-03-2008 06:57 PM

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...gid=5401614498
Actually it was more like 25 000 "anti-fans".

itscalledhawkey* 12-03-2008 06:57 PM

Do you have a special Keyboard Warrior costume to wear when you create these Facebook groups or are you hoping Santa brings you one for Christmas?

BBrowser 12-03-2008 07:00 PM

Right... So it's OK to say live on TV (RDS) that the K bros should go to syberia, or talk for 15 minutes yesterday about how it sucks that Latendresse is in the stands because he is quebecois?

I think no-one wants to sign in Montreal because of the media. Trying to do my part. Laugh me off.

le_sean 12-03-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrowser (Post 16631482)
Right... So it's OK to say live on TV (RDS) that the K bros should go to syberia, or talk for 15 minutes yesterday about how it sucks that Latendresse is in the stands because he is quebecois?

I think no-one wants to sign in Montreal because of the media. Trying to do my part. Laugh me off.

But don't you see the flaw? You do not work for RDS or a French media outlet so how can you apologize for them? Nor do you work for the Habs so you cannot forgive the media for them.

itscalledhawkey* 12-03-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrowser (Post 16631482)
Laugh me off.

Already have.
I know, I know, you are all pissy now... it's ok, go grab your tiny plastic guitar and rock out playing Journey on your little video game, that should calm you down.
Then why not start another Facebook group trying to put pressure on the music industry to start an awards show for all you fake video game rockers?

GoneAway 12-03-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itscalledhawkey (Post 16631617)
Already have.
I know, I know, you are all pissy now... it's ok, go grab your tiny plastic guitar and rock out playing Journey on your little video game, that should calm you down.
Then why not start another Facebook group trying to put pressure on the music industry to start an awards show for all you fake video game rockers?

But dude...its good drunken fun.

Fozz 12-03-2008 07:13 PM

Why don't you start a Facebook group of over reacting Habs fans? I'm sure you can find a few hundred members right on this board. They're much worst than any media out there!

itscalledhawkey* 12-03-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 16631753)
Why don't you start a Facebook group of over reacting Habs fans?

If you really want a challenge try finding any other type of Habs fan.

MTL-rules 12-03-2008 07:21 PM

I'm sorry habs players that you are worshipped by fanatics.

That because of them you are forced to be paid millions of dollars.

That you are forced to go to VIP parties.

That you have to endure going on television shows, marrying top models, having a day job consisting of doing what a tons of workers pay to do...

I pitty you poor habs players, who would want such a pissed poor life? Certainly not Congoleses

BBrowser 12-03-2008 07:26 PM

My god - I've posted my link on a smart ass board. Like starting 556 000 "if I were GM" trade proposals with cross-linked pee-wee ice times isn't geeky.

itscalledhawkey* 12-03-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrowser (Post 16631992)
My god - I've posted my link on a smart ass board.

That wasn't your worst idea in all this.
Thinking you would be seen as a hero for starting a Facebook group was.

MTL-rules 12-03-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrowser (Post 16631992)
My god - I've posted my link on a smart ass board. Like starting 556 000 "if I were GM" trade proposals with cross-linked pee-wee ice times isn't geeky.

Well, I'm just saying that you might want to start an "apology Facebook group" consisting of a cause that might attract a little more sympathy... and there's a ton of causes around the world worthy of it.

itscalledhawkey* 12-03-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTL-rules (Post 16632074)
Well, I'm just saying that you might want to start an "apology Facebook group" consisting of a cause that might attract a little more sympathy... and there's a ton of causes around the world worthy of it.

Great idea!
He should start the "apology to fresh air" Facebook group.
Dear fresh air,
On behalf of all us keyboard warriors, I would like to say I am sorry to you, the sun, the moon, the stars, green grass, fresh air.. we have been busy creating facebook groups and ignoring the outside world for too long.

BBrowser 12-03-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itscalledhawkey (Post 16632054)
That wasn't your worst idea in all this.
Thinking you would be seen as a hero for starting a Facebook group was.

I just realized I can't stand Bergeron teaching my kids they're better because they're quebecois because I wanted to be a hero. Thanks. Go Bergy.

BBrowser 12-03-2008 07:50 PM

It took me 2 minutes to figure how to start a facebook group, another minute to post it on hf boards.. And I'll regret it for the rest of the evening.

:help:

Hey look, you have smileys here too!

ti-vite 12-03-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrowser (Post 16631366)
It was part of it -- something like 10 000 members, don't remember.

You think a Facebook groupe got Pedneault fired.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.