HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alexei Kovalev will NOT play tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58034)

habitue* 03-03-2004 09:32 AM

Kovalev on his way to San Jose !
 
He will arrive at 2 p.m. local time. So he might be in the line-up tonight !

Bud The Spud* 03-03-2004 09:37 AM

That is great news. :handclap:

Habs4Life 03-03-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitué
He will arrive at 2 p.m. local time. So he might be in the line-up tonight !

It's been confirmed that he will be playing tonight!

Dutchy 03-03-2004 09:48 AM

OMFG... For a second there, I forgot we were playing SJ tonight.

Hehehe... Phew...

oli500 03-03-2004 10:53 AM

Im not going to miss tonights game thats for sure. When was the last time montreal traded for a player of that calibre. I was allways used for montreal to trade there high price players for younger and cheaper players (Leclair,Recchi,Déjardins,Linden,Roy althought it was a diferent scenario) I still did not get over this trade. It might take a wile.

Joseph 03-03-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
Im not going to miss tonights game thats for sure. When was the last time montreal traded for a player of that calibre. I was allways used for montreal to trade there high price players for younger and cheaper players (Leclair,Recchi,Déjardins,Linden,Roy althought it was a diferent scenario) I still did not get over this trade. It might take a wile.


This is great news. My girlffriend bought me tickets to this game in October. This will make it more awesome. I will try and get some decent pics.

Stephan Lebeau 03-03-2004 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph
This is great news. My girlffriend bought me tickets to this game in October. This will make it more awesome. I will try and get some decent pics.

i officially hate you.

StanleyCH25 03-03-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
i officially hate you.

Can I join the club? Lucky Joseph.

chicpea* 03-03-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph
This is great news. My girlffriend bought me tickets to this game in October. This will make it more awesome. I will try and get some decent pics.

I don't have tickets or a girlfriend :(

Stephan Lebeau 03-03-2004 11:33 AM

awwww.... there there... Kovalev will make it all better

Dragon 03-03-2004 11:35 AM

Guys, don't get too excited. I think it'll take a few games before Kovalev gels with the team.

romain_jaime 03-03-2004 11:41 AM

I can't wait to see how the Bell Center is buzzing tonight. There is going to be an atmosphere in the air that has been missed for far too long.

I for one will can't wait to see what lines CJ uses tonight.

Zednik / Koivu / Kovalev (Most likely)

or

Ryder / Ribs / Kovalev

or maybe even something different. All I know is that the way that Ribs, Ryder and Dags have been playing I don't CJ will break then up.

So my guess at the lines:

Zednik / Koivu / Kovalev
Ryder / Ribs / Dags
Dackell / Juneau / Ward
Langdon / Begin / Perrault

Any thoughts people?

Malakhov 03-03-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romain_jaime
I can't wait to see how the Bell Center is buzzing tonight. There is going to be an atmosphere in the air that has been missed for far too long.

The game is in San Jose tonight, not in Montreal.

BLACKBURN 03-03-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon
Guys, don't get too excited. I think it'll take a few games before Kovalev gels with the team.

Yeah it took him a few games in Ny............oh wait, he never did. I hope he does well in Monty, just hope he likes the city. I find it hard to see a guy like that sticking with the Canadians, no offence. I just think hell want a lot of money, be on a top 3 East/West conference team etc. Anway, good lucky AK27!!!!!!

Marc the Habs Fan 03-03-2004 11:47 AM

RDS reporting Habs gave him the chance to only meet the team in Phoenix tomorrow but Alexei insisted to fly to SJ and play tonite.

Malakhov 03-03-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
RDS reporting Habs gave him the chance to only meet the team in Phoenix tomorrow but Alexei insisted to fly to SJ and play tonite.

:yo:

Guy! 03-03-2004 11:54 AM

This surprises me somewhat. The CBA expressly states that a player cannot play three games in three nights, which means that if he's decided to play, it's purely on his own accord - and one would expect to see him Saturday as well. I would have expected him to take the night off and start with the Habs tomorrow. Combined with his reaction to the trade in New York (basically a shrug of the shoulders), this seems to me a positive reaction to playing with Montreal.

Augers well for the future, anyhow.

ACF

habsfan11 03-03-2004 11:55 AM

Kovalev Will Play tonight
 
They just said it on rds.... good luck Kov.

BTW does anybody know what number he is going to wear? 27 is still available

romain_jaime 03-03-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov
The game is in San Jose tonight, not in Montreal.


I'm ******** :shakehead

The Power Forward 03-03-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
RDS reporting Habs gave him the chance to only meet the team in Phoenix tomorrow but Alexei insisted to fly to SJ and play tonite.

Yes !!!

He can't wait to play for the Habs :yo:

Good sign

AK-47 03-03-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
They just said it on rds.... good luck Kov.

BTW does anybody know what number he is going to wear? 27 is still available


I expect he wil wear number 27 for tonight's game....It's a late nighter, but I'm watching this one that's for sure...

Dutchy 03-03-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
RDS reporting Habs gave him the chance to only meet the team in Phoenix tomorrow but Alexei insisted to fly to SJ and play tonite.

Wow! Coming from the Rags I thought he would be a selfish player...

Nice! :)

Malakhov 03-03-2004 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romain_jaime
I'm ******** :shakehead

Nah, just a mistake no worry :)

ChowsBaby21 03-03-2004 12:13 PM

Well I am not quite as lucky as Joseph, but I will get to see him Friday night in Phoenix! Mom's are the best, she got my a trip to NY last week to see the Habs against the Rags, and now this week to Phoenix to see the team, guess living in Tampa is good for something, cheap flights to pretty much everywhere :yo:

Belarus Rocket 03-03-2004 12:14 PM

Great :yo: Im excited to see Im play In a Habs Uniform....BTW do any of you know where can I find the press Conference On the Internet..I was not at home and would love to watch It


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.