HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Blackberry / Rogers / Windows live messenger HELP! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=580929)

Crusher20 12-07-2008 01:53 PM

OT: Blackberry / Rogers / Windows live messenger HELP!

I am getting the blackberry bold, and to be honest i wanna be able to use windows live.. not blackberry messenger.. what can i do, is there any plan with ROGERS, that i can add that will help me out, i know i could just get the data.. option 30$ 1 go.. (damn expensive) i know also that teh 15$ blackberry option (but can be upgraded to data 25 or 30$) with unlimited email and blackberry messenger is available, I actually got this option when getting the contract....

here are my main needs :
- windows live
- text messaging 2500 is well enough
- email, not really.
- Browsing (not wap)

I need help what options can i combined to make it the best price.. and best usage..

I am thinking of this so far.
my voice plan..
15$ smartphone value pack (2500sms 1000mms CD-VM-WC)
15$ blackberry unlimited push emails. or 25$ 500mg or 30$ 1go data...

please help me out..
thanks in advance.

Habs 12-07-2008 02:25 PM

Get a mac.

Crusher20 12-07-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 16695863)
Get a mac.

it comes down to the same, still need to have a data plan.. still need a contract... and if you wanna use internet.. well its the same..

i tought there was more blackberry connect users... anyway, i got all my cards open a turnaround to apple is still an option, does anyone know if Rogers has a date line when i can cancel my contract..

for exemple i renewed my contract yesterday and want to cancel it today i know fido has an i assumed it did with rogers.. but now i am not sure..

If rogers pull my arm i will pull off a toe for sure. i will not surrender dont worry my hab fans brothers.

:)

didouche 12-07-2008 04:00 PM

your question will be better answered here

www.howardforums.com

rogers has a 30 days policy to cancel (limit usage)

Fido is 15 days (no usage restriction)

andreconstantin 12-07-2008 04:19 PM

I took the top 10 student plan with rogers and I regret it now. I don't have much money and it's a 3 years plan and I think I could have cancelled it (30 days) but I didn't, so frustrating to say the least. It's 25$+entry fee+taxes= 36 a month.

Price4Prez 12-07-2008 06:22 PM

Well I dont work for Rogers, but i do work for Bell. Our windows live is 8$ a month. Im not sure if Rogers has the same option. But if you ever decide to go with Bell, i'm all ears!

Crusher20 12-08-2008 10:04 AM

Sorry i took some time to answer,

Well, I know fido has a 5$ option for the portal fee of msn.. then 2 $ option for 2500 msn notifications.. or something like that..

Rogers i couldnt answer just yet... I will call in few minutes after a refresh of all options on rogers.com

Khabby 12-08-2008 10:21 AM

I just got a blackberry curve They had a deal on that you get a data plan of 6gb a month for 30$ at rogers. Regular 100$ a month deal. So I got all the data I need. But my curve came with WLM on it, not sure if the bold does though. My dad has a bold and I think he was complaining about it not being on there, but then again I think he downloaded it on it, Anyways you don't have to pay anything to get it on there, and worse comes to worse, you have to used the web based version of it on you black berry.