HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs Practice Today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=581002)

Artyukhin* 12-07-2008 03:00 PM

Price asked Georges Laraque to fight /Josh Gorges plays in goal
 
http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=396725

Iwishihadacup 12-07-2008 03:02 PM

i would have loved to be there

Vicious 12-07-2008 04:23 PM

The video is up on rds.ca. That was a pretty nice save by Gorges on Saks and like a true goalie he put a lot of spice into it :P

la25ecoupe 12-07-2008 04:24 PM

How can we get in to that practice??

Was it open to all for free? I was something in the Journal de Mtl.

C-Saku Koivu MTL 12-07-2008 04:38 PM

I was there.

Bouillon went 4 for 4 on the accurcy shooting...maybe he should be our point man! :sarcasm:

Kovalev can't score to save his life, I think he hit the post 5 times today if not more.

They did the shootout voting thing. Higgins and Brisebois were the judge. Koivu and Tanguay made some sweet moves, AKost ws dessapointing same for Kovy. Halak made a sick save ala Hasek with his glove.

Gorges was pretty bad as a goalie except for the save on Koivu lol.

O'Byrne was well received by the fans.

hickles46 12-07-2008 05:29 PM

I love Gorges and Price, hahah

Judge Sauer* 12-07-2008 05:45 PM

Price and Gorges bring such a fun dynamic to the team, you can see it rub off on other players. It started last season and continues to this years squad.

Nitehowl 12-07-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hickles46 (Post 16698081)
I love Gorges and Price, hahah

I would like to see them acquire Dan Hamhuis from Nashville. He was a captain in Prince George when Gorges was in Kelowna( did I mention he was captain:handclap:) I think Price being from Williams Lake which is about half way between the two cities it would make for another close friend and teammate. Kinda like when BG picked up Ryan Russell to be a teammate with Maxwell

Nitehowl 12-07-2008 06:01 PM

Habs Practice Today
 
Another day, another full house at the Bell Centre. A crowd of 21,000-plus filled the stands to cheer on their Habs at the annual “Canadiens Fan Practice”.

Wow !!! Even for a fun practice a full house comes out to watch. You would hope the players feed off this interest in this team. Don't you think Kovalchuk would walk to Montreal from Atlanta to have fan interest like this. Speaking of Kovalchuk , he really needs to go to a hockey market like Montreal, Toronto ,NYR etc. to show his talent.

ScherbakAttack 12-07-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitehowl (Post 16698516)
Another day, another full house at the Bell Centre. A crowd of 21,000-plus filled the stands to cheer on their Habs at the annual “Canadiens Fan Practice”.

Wow !!! Even for a fun practice a full house comes out to watch. You would hope the players feed off this interest in this team. Don't you think Kovalchuk would walk to Montreal from Atlanta to have fan interest like this. Speaking of Kovalchuk , he really needs to go to a hockey market like Montreal, Toronto ,NYR etc. to show his talent.

In a matter of 1 post (technically 0 since the first post doesn't count), this topic went from the "Canadiens Fan Practice" to "Bring Kovalchuk to Montreal".

New record? :laugh:

Nitehowl 12-07-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlandry (Post 16698701)
In a matter of 1 post (technically 0 since the first post doesn't count), this topic went from the "Canadiens Fan Practice" to "Bring Kovalchuk to Montreal".

New record? :laugh:

LOL...true ....but my point is , players are energized from full house crowds and fan appreciation type practices etc...

Hermamoud 12-07-2008 06:22 PM

I remember Francis Bouillon said last year that there were more people at a canadiens practice than at the Stanley cup parade in Anaheim, which is pretty crazy.

Oh and bring Kovalchuk to Montreal

JustAHabFan 12-07-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermamoud (Post 16698829)
Oh and bring Kovalchuk to Montreal

I am all for it. Bob, make it happen.

Whitesnake 12-07-2008 06:37 PM

Price invited Laraque to fight but Big George declined....

BGL....:shakehead

centrehice 12-07-2008 06:41 PM

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?video=19147

la25ecoupe 12-07-2008 06:51 PM

How did you attend it??

la25ecoupe 12-07-2008 06:52 PM

What do you have to do to attend this practice?

Only once a year?

Vinceee 12-07-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitehowl (Post 16698775)
LOL...true ....but my point is , players are energized from full house crowds and fan appreciation type practices etc...

thats what you think...

It's money first
then If the wife likes it
then the taxes, the less the better...
then if its sunny 365 days a year
and then not much pressure, its better
and finally if it looks fun to play there

Hermamoud 12-07-2008 06:53 PM

Price went to the Future shop in Sherbrooke right after the practice to sign stuff. He arrived via helicopter (talk about star treatment).

My girlfriend told me that he looked like he didn't look like he wanted to be there. He even told a fan: "I've done worst jobs." She got his Halloween picture signed too!

Artyukhin* 12-07-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermamoud (Post 16699321)
Price went to the Future shop in Sherbrooke right after the practice to sign stuff. He arrived via helicopter (talk about star treatment).

My girlfriend told me that he looked like he didn't look like he wanted to be there. He even told a fan: "I've done worst jobs." She got his Halloween picture signed too!

id imagine him being into the Rodeo stuff he shoveled a few piles of horse manure .

Belso 12-07-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centrehice (Post 16699156)

Latendresse looked SOOOO down :( Poor guy.. He worked so hard in the summer and he still gets benched.. I know, he isn't scoring, but it's still sad to see...

Vinceee 12-07-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 16700903)
Latendresse looked SOOOO down :( Poor guy.. He worked so hard in the summer and he still gets benched.. I know, he isn't scoring, but it's still sad to see...

nice beard though!

Top Corner2 12-07-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL (Post 16697471)
I was there.

Bouillon went 4 for 4 on the accurcy shooting...maybe he should be our point man! :sarcasm:

Kovalev can't score to save his life, I think he hit the post 5 times today if not more.

They did the shootout voting thing. Higgins and Brisebois were the judge. Koivu and Tanguay made some sweet moves, AKost ws dessapointing same for Kovy. Halak made a sick save ala Hasek with his glove.

Gorges was pretty bad as a goalie except for the save on Koivu lol.

O'Byrne was well received by the fans.


Alot of coaches will tell you to aim for the posts in practice.....

Ra 12-07-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

“He [Gorges] said I wasn’t doing a good enough job so he figured he’d go in there and try and do a better job. I think he was terrible
The team chemistry is bad! Time to make a move Bob. Wake uP!

bib 12-08-2008 06:05 AM

Captain Kelowna himself in action

http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/i...es/0gorges.jpg

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...n?size=620x400


Price on D

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...n?size=620x400


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.