HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How much do you think Price would get on an extension today? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=581163)

Pascal 12-08-2008 08:56 AM

How much do you think Price would get on an extension today?

... or next summer? What do you think is his value now and what do you think Bob would give him? Do you think Price would be the guy to give a 6-10 years deal to?

Personally I'd feel comfortable giving him a 6 yrs deal @ 4M a year. I don't know if his agent would say yes though, his value will be 6-7M a year in the near future..

MonacoBlue 12-08-2008 09:05 AM

He would cost upwards of 6 million. This is why we couldn't sign Streit for 2.5 M people! This needs all the cap room it can get for the future and can't afford luxuries like him. Sure, he's good on the PP and this team's PP is struggling but one player is not going to change that on his own. The PP is usually a coaching thing. There is a PP QB already on the team, but the coaches haven't found which guy should be the triggerman. On a weaker team, there might be none, but on this team with all its talent, there's got to be somebody who can do the job (Andrei! the other one).

Magic33 12-08-2008 10:26 AM

I doubt he would get 6 million in the summer, unless we want to the finals. He's still very young and will only have 1 full NHL season under his belt. Ya he's been great, but in terms of contracts and money right now, I would probably give him 4.5 million, maybe 5. He has only a couple games worth of playoff experience. These are all things i'd consider if I were Bob.

TheCH* 12-08-2008 10:43 AM

6 million? Hell no, he has the potential to be a 6 million dollar goalie but he has a lot to prove yet.

Kriss E 12-08-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE (Post 16706246)
He would cost upwards of 6 million. This is why we couldn't sign Streit for 2.5 M people! This needs all the cap room it can get for the future and can't afford luxuries like him. Sure, he's good on the PP and this team's PP is struggling but one player is not going to change that on his own. The PP is usually a coaching thing. There is a PP QB already on the team, but the coaches haven't found which guy should be the triggerman. On a weaker team, there might be none, but on this team with all its talent, there's got to be somebody who can do the job (Andrei! the other one).

6M?..lolll

Actually, we could have resigned Streit at about 2.5-3M had we signed him to an extension during the season.
I know his gf. Before last season, he was trying to sign an extension for 2M.

So you're wrong on both counts.

Price wouldn't cost us more than 3M as of today. He hasn't done anything yet and his playoff performance, which is the most important thing, is still a question mark. Nobody would invest 6M in an unproven Playoff Performer.

Arctic_Hab_Fan 12-08-2008 10:55 AM

whats with 6 million with some people on here? First it was Komi, now Price lol

habdynasty 12-08-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 16707008)
6M?..lolll

Actually, we could have resigned Streit at about 2.5-3M had we signed him to an extension during the season.
I know his gf. Before last season, he was trying to sign an extension for 2M.

So you're wrong on both counts.

Price wouldn't cost us more than 3M as of today. He hasn't done anything yet and his playoff performance, which is the most important thing, is still a question mark. Nobody would invest 6M in an unproven Playoff Performer.

Luongo has done nothing in the playoffs, he makes 7 mil a season . I dont think Price is worth that much yet but in 4-5 years he will be close.

coolguy21415 12-08-2008 11:01 AM

He might make $8M on a 2-year deal, then go from there. There's no real need to sign him long-term right now unless you're going to give him a DiPietro deal.

Pascal 12-08-2008 11:02 AM

6M is not that crazy if he was to sign a very long-term contract. How much did DiPietro get in NY? 10 yrs @ 5M per or something?

habs1988 12-08-2008 11:07 AM

5.5-6M for 10 years!

Kriss E 12-08-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habdynasty (Post 16707125)
Luongo has done nothing in the playoffs, he makes 7 mil a season . I dont think Price is worth that much yet but in 4-5 years he will be close.

I don't think I have to explain to you how Price and Luongo are in completely different scenario, but for the fun of it..

Luongo is arguably one of the best goalies in the league and is playing his 9th season. He took crappy teams to the POs, where he still played great. Price played 60ish games and it's a fact he collapsed in the POs last season.

In 4-5 years, we will see. The kid doesn't even have a full NHL season under his belt.

la25ecoupe 12-08-2008 11:20 AM

3.5M top.

Monctonscout 12-08-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 16706170)
... or next summer? What do you think is his value now and what do you think Bob would give him? Do you think Price would be the guy to give a 6-10 years deal to?

Personally I'd feel comfortable giving him a 6 yrs deal @ 4M a year. I don't know if his agent would say yes though, his value will be 6-7M a year in the near future..

If they add 2 years he probably gets 3-3.5 mil...if they want to add 5-6 years then it will be 4-4.5 cap hit.

The benefits of trying to sign him long term before his contract is up outweigh the negatives...BUT some players lose a bit of drive once they know they "have it made" financially. I hope Price is not one of those.

sba 12-08-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanylapep (Post 16707341)
3.5M top.

Yeah, you guys should be able to get about 3 more years of him under $4mil before the big bucks kick in. Much like we did with Miller.

vesperal 12-08-2008 11:25 AM

As long as Pierre Boivin is still team president, the habs won't sign anyone for more than 7 years. He's too intelligent and economically aware to put such an uninsurable risk on the team roster.

Arctic_Hab_Fan 12-08-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 16707168)
6M is not that crazy if he was to sign a very long-term contract. How much did DiPietro get in NY? 10 yrs @ 5M per or something?

Look where the Islanders are now, long term deal and Dipietro is a regular on IR list...no thanks on the long term deals.

Andy 12-08-2008 11:49 AM

3 year 3.25 million / year

Habs 4 Life 12-08-2008 12:17 PM

It will all depend how long he signs the deal for.If it's under 3 years probably under 4 million a year and if it's for 7-8 years probably around 5,5 a year on average

habdynasty 12-08-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 16707320)
I don't think I have to explain to you how Price and Luongo are in completely different scenario, but for the fun of it..

Luongo is arguably one of the best goalies in the league and is playing his 9th season. He took crappy teams to the POs, where he still played great. Price played 60ish games and it's a fact he collapsed in the POs last season.

In 4-5 years, we will see. The kid doesn't even have a full NHL season under his belt.

just for fun ... Luongo has taken his teams to the playoffs once in 9 years... his record 5wins 7 losses....

Kriss E 12-08-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habdynasty (Post 16708205)
just for fun ... Luongo has taken his teams to the playoffs once in 9 years... his record 5wins 7 losses....

:facepalm: Are you serious?
Please tell me you're joking..

Luongo played for Florida..one of the worst teams. In no way is it his fault they didn't make the POs.
In VAN, he was the main reason why they made the PO in 3rd spot, and even with a losing record he held a 1.77GAA and .94 Sv%...how is that bad exactly?
When you allow on average less than 2Goals a game but lose, then there's a problem with the Offense, not goaltending.

What the hell are you talking about..Are you seriously trying to dismiss the talent of Luongo and compare him to Price??..Either you're completely ignorant or you were joking..hopefully it's the latter one.

Gros Bill 12-08-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 16708453)
:facepalm: Are you serious?
Please tell me you're joking..

Luongo played for Florida..one of the worst teams. In no way is it his fault they didn't make the POs.
In VAN, he was the main reason why they made the PO in 3rd spot, and even with a losing record he held a 1.77GAA and .94 Sv%...how is that bad exactly?
When you allow on average less than 2Goals a game but lose, then there's a problem with the Offense, not goaltending.

What the hell are you talking about..Are you seriously trying to dismiss the talent of Luongo and compare him to Price??..Either you're completely ignorant or you were joking..hopefully it's the latter one.

Don't get hissy. He was merely pointing out the guy's record.

DevFan-RU- 12-08-2008 12:53 PM

Watching him the other night... he will only get better as he gets older. His glove hand is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick quick.

habdynasty 12-08-2008 12:58 PM

hahahahaha relax , Price will be an all star goalie who will be getting big bucks in the future!!

Arctic_Hab_Fan 12-08-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habdynasty (Post 16708607)
hahahahaha relax , Price will be an all star goalie who will be getting big bucks in the future!!

I'd rather he gets the Stanley Cup, NHL Hardwares etc etc, then be remembered like a Cujo.

totalrecall 12-08-2008 01:30 PM

3m-4m, should be about right