HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kris Versteeg suspended 1 game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=581297)

ZARTONK 12-08-2008 03:41 PM

Kris Versteeg suspended 1 game
 
"Kris Versteeg has been suspended for one game and head coach Joel Quenneville fined $10,000"

i dont understant why guys who fight in the final minutes of the game get suspended...

could someone enlighten me?

GoneAway 12-08-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARTONK (Post 16710939)
"Kris Versteeg has been suspended for one game and head coach Joel Quenneville fined $10,000"

i dont understant why guys who fight in the final minutes of the game get suspended...

could someone enlighten me?

New rule to avoid brawls in lopsided games during the final minutes

LilWinger11 12-08-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARTONK (Post 16710939)
"Kris Versteeg has been suspended for one game and head coach Joel Quenneville fined $10,000"

i dont understant why guys who fight in the final minutes of the game get suspended...

could someone enlighten me?

Versteeg must have been the instigator, because AFAIK the suspension and fine are for instigating a fight with under 5:00 to play, not just for being in a fight. Like Chezz said, the NHL wants to avoid brawls late in games when the winner and loser are already clearly decided.

ZARTONK 12-08-2008 03:54 PM

oh ok.. all right thanks guys

BigTimer* 12-08-2008 03:55 PM

It's a stupid rule made by a commissioner who has no business being directing a contact sport. Go back to the NBA Gary.

Adam91 12-08-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTimer (Post 16711158)
It's a stupid rule made by a commissioner who has no business being directing a contact sport. Go back to the NBA Gary.

The guy did try to fight Kyle Turris who weighs about 140lbs soaking wet:help:

BigTimer* 12-08-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam91 (Post 16711394)
The guy did try to fight Kyle Turris who weighs about 140lbs soaking wet:help:

With a post like that I can tell you don't even know who Kris Versteeg is.

Dunlop 12-08-2008 04:22 PM





for this??? are you kidding me?

Clumsyhab 12-08-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam91 (Post 16711394)
The guy did try to fight Kyle Turris who weighs about 140lbs soaking wet:help:

Kris Versteeg: 5'10, 180 lbs
Kyle Turris: 6'1, 180 lbs

I don't see anything with that. Oh.. and btw, Versteeg is leading all rookies this season with 22 points in 25 games.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.