HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers fans evoke Avery, get sloppy on Dion Phaneuf (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=581399)

ghirshorn 12-08-2008 08:37 PM

Rangers fans evoke Avery, get sloppy on Dion Phaneuf
 
Saw this about a chant at the garden from last night;

can't say the fans don't know their hockey.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,127487

Ian 12-08-2008 08:45 PM

it was a pretty half-assed attempt, kind of like the Rangers play.

WhipNash27 12-08-2008 08:54 PM

I like the Plaxico comment :laugh:

Bury Your Head 12-08-2008 09:03 PM

I was at the game last night, it was terrible, and some ass bag sat behind me chanting "SLOPPY SECONDS" and would giggle like an idiot. Then, he started to get angry because nobody would join in on his immaturity and claimed that "this is the deadest section EVER" and even added a childish "...I'm never sitting in this section AGAIN."

Sometimes I feel embarassed for our OWN fans.

silverfish 12-08-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PruBlue25 (Post 16716351)
I like the Plaxico comment :laugh:

lol yeah that was hysterical. Wish I could say I was the one who yelled that :naughty:

FromTheSide 12-08-2008 09:25 PM

lol @ phutbert.

ThisYearsModel 12-08-2008 09:28 PM

Phaneuf is scoring more than the Rangers.

Ih8theislanders 12-08-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel (Post 16717183)
Phaneuf is scoring more than the Rangers.

hell, I'm scoring more than the Rangers

ghirshorn 12-08-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders (Post 16717340)
hell, I'm scoring more than the Rangers

I am also scoring more than the Rangers

BklyNYR4Life 12-08-2008 10:34 PM

yeah that chant was pretty lame. i made sure to not take part in it whenever it started up

FLYLine24* 12-09-2008 12:02 AM

Damn, some of you need a sense of humor. A bunch of Gary Bettmans around here....;)

The chant was pretty funny. It wasnt that strong, but id say about 30%, loud enough everyone heard it. Id say the other 30% stayed away from the chant and the other 40% had no idea what it even meant.

Stepan Razor 12-09-2008 07:25 AM

For real, quit it with the holier than thou attitude toward MSG fans that is all too common in this forum. New York had just endured a horrific football Sunday and was just trying to have a little fun at Dion's expense. Lighten up.

Nyrvana 12-09-2008 08:44 AM

I think it was more about the absurdity of Avery's suspension. He got six games for saying sloppy seconds? But, in reality he got six games for being Sean Avery. Anyway, put that with as the others have said terrible play by the football teams and the Rangers and this is what happens. However, when they started booing Gomez everytime he touched the puck at the end, that was idiotic.

Thordic 12-09-2008 09:21 AM

Its not like historically as a fanbase we shy away from contraversial chants.

"Buy a porsche, Hextall, buy a porsche!"

C'mon now. Trying to take the high road as a Rangers fan as far as crowd chants doesn't work too well :)

Bluenote13 12-09-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 16719399)
Damn, some of you need a sense of humor. A bunch of Gary Bettmans around here....;)

The chant was pretty funny. It wasnt that strong, but id say about 30%, loud enough everyone heard it. Id say the other 30% stayed away from the chant and the other 40% had no idea what it even meant.

Ah, 'have a sense of humor' defense, failing to realize we're too smart to fall for that garbage;)

Bluenote13 12-09-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thordic (Post 16721420)
Its not like historically as a fanbase we shy away from contraversial chants.

"Buy a porsche, Hextall, buy a porsche!"

C'mon now. Trying to take the high road as a Rangers fan as far as crowd chants doesn't work too well :)

Again, most fans didnt take part in that one either, its always just a certain group of fans that like to make ***** of themselves at games.

Bluenote13 12-09-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Daily (Post 16720720)
For real, quit it with the holier than thou attitude toward MSG fans that is all too common in this forum. New York had just endured a horrific football Sunday and was just trying to have a little fun at Dion's expense. Lighten up.

I don't think i'm holier than you for not resorting to acting like a moron. Thats all.

pld459666 12-09-2008 09:39 AM

.
 
That Sloppy Seconds chant is gold.

Has a nice ring to it and isn't specific to one player. We can do that to Komisarek from the Habs as well.

Very clever.

I for one will chant that next time I'm at a NYR-CGY or MON game.

Good times.

Bluenote13 12-09-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 16721581)
That Sloppy Seconds chant is gold.

Has a nice ring to it and isn't specific to one player. We can do that to Komisarek from the Habs as well.

Very clever.

I for one will chant that next time I'm at a NYR-CGY or MON game.

Good times.

:laugh: A childish taunt like 'sloppy seconds' is clever? Now THATS funny.

pld459666 12-09-2008 09:42 AM

.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 16721514)
Again, most fans didnt take part in that one either, its always just a certain group of fans that like to make ***** of themselves at games.

Actually, more than 50% of the building took part in the chant just as much as 90% of the building took part in the "Alan Arbour beats his wife" Chant in a 1990 playoff series against teh fishsticks.

There's no harm in it. Unless you are Al's wife :naughty:

pld459666 12-09-2008 09:44 AM

.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 16721607)
:laugh: A childish taunt like 'sloppy seconds' is clever? Now THATS funny.

The clever part is that you can say it to two people...not just one. And the way she is tearing through the NHL, it could be 3 a year from now, 10 years from now it could be 10 people.

Awesome :yo:

Bluenote13 12-09-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 16721612)
Actually, more than 50% of the building took part in the chant just as much as 90% of the building took part in the "Alan Arbour beats his wife" Chant in a 1990 playoff series against teh fishsticks.

There's no harm in it. Unless you are Al's wife :naughty:

It was 'beat your wife Denny', aimed at Denis Potvin who was accused of assaulting his wife. And yes, that one was said by alot of fans, true. But the 'buy a porsche' chant was a disgrace and the fans that did that one didnt do it very long.

Theoren Fan 12-09-2008 09:50 AM

Some people are alittle tooooo sensitive.

Bluenote13 12-09-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoren Fan (Post 16721683)
Some people are alittle tooooo sensitive.

Acting like an ape in public has nothing to do with sensitivity, only brains.

ThirdEye 12-09-2008 09:57 AM

I personally thought the chant was childish. How about chanting "Let's go Rangers" rather than being needlessly vulgar. What has Phaneuf ever done to us? Oh yeah... nothing


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.