HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Proposal Mtl Florida (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=581475)

NewHabsEra* 12-09-2008 12:37 AM

Proposal Mtl Florida

To MTL: Bouwmeester

To Florida: Higgins + OByrne + Halak

Assuming Boum and Gainey agree on a contract..

curtisl1982 12-09-2008 12:45 AM

I don't see FLA wanting Halak...they already have Anderson and Vokoun..and I think FLA would want a 1st rounder out of the deal

NewHabsEra* 12-09-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtisl1982 (Post 16719683)
I don't see FLA wanting Halak...they already have Anderson and Vokoun..and I think FLA would want a 1st rounder out of the deal

Anderson is UFA after the next season and Vokoun is making 5.7 per year.. They could trade Vokoun to save some money on the cap..

CrAzYNiNe 12-09-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtisl1982 (Post 16719683)

fine with me, we keep halak, they get our first next year(which draft is better? well deaper, we should have a high 1st rounder, and I think 2009 is deap right?)

Kriss E 12-09-2008 02:13 AM

Oh..I think I like this one.. :sarcasm:

Bodacious 12-09-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 16719991)
Anderson is UFA after the next season and Vokoun is making 5.7 per year.. They could trade Vokoun to save some money on the cap..

Good luck with that - McGuire was on the radio and indicated that FLA had received an offer from a Western team that was comparable to the Hossa deal. What Pit gave up for Hossa and Dupuis:

1st round pick
Esposito (1st round pick)
Armstrong (1st round pick)
Christiansen (good young player)

Now fill in the blanks with Hab assets - no goaltenders please - FLA will be shopping Vokoun.

Gainey doesn't have the sack to make that kind of deal.

AH 12-09-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodacious (Post 16721836)
Good luck with that - McGuire was on the radio and indicated that FLA had received an offer from a Western team that was comparable to the Hossa deal. What Pit gave up for Hossa and Dupuis:

1st round pick

Now fill in the blanks with Hab assets - no goaltenders please - FLA will be shopping Vokoun.

sure...

Because the junk ATL got for Hossa is better than what's posted above...Like we're supposed to be impressed with the fact that Esposito and Armstrong are 1st round busts...And Christensen, that goal scoring forward who has been in a 2 year slump.

habs4eva 12-09-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

1st round pick

Since when is Christiansen "a good young player" - he is at best a 3rd liner.
And as far as Esposito and Armstrong are concerned, none of them are impact players or ever will be.
Higgins is worth a lot more than any of those 3 players that went to Atlanta.
So giving Higgins and Halak is already an upgrade over that package that Atlanta got from Pittsburgh.....and if OB is a throw-in then FLa should be all over this deal.

AH 12-09-2008 10:50 AM

Erik Christensen ... 12 goals in his last 80 games, 50 of which were with Pittsburgh...

Impressive young player...

Talent Analyst 12-09-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH (Post 16722374)
Erik Christensen ... 12 goals in his last 80 games, 50 of which were with Pittsburgh...

Impressive young player...

As Latendresse ;)

Habs 4 Life 12-09-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 16719991)

Right now,no team wants a goalie at 6 million a year.They will be screwed with Vokoun

Roulin 12-09-2008 11:14 AM

I don't see why JBo would agree to an extension before a trade, or before he hits the market. He'll do better, with more options on the open market, unless a team trading for him throws way too much cash at him. Basically, I don't think you can reasonably make a new contract part of the deal.

Trading Higgins opens up a hole. Tanguay and Andrei K then become our best two way wingers, though not as good defensively as Higgins. When they are forced to play more against top lines and on d-zone faceoffs, their offensive production suffers.

neofury* 12-09-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 16719628)
To MTL: Bouwmeester

To Florida: Higgins + OByrne + Halak

Assuming Boum and Gainey agree on a contract..

with no signing I say they at least throw in Anderson since he's UFA anyways, would prolly be beneficial to both teams.

neofury* 12-09-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

1st round pick

Give me a break, 1st round pick check, 2 1st round picks who never truly did pan out check.

I mean when you look at the deal, it's comparible to ITSELF if you take out espo and armstrong, not kidding, the value u barely increases by adding those two guys.

That having been said, a comparible deal would be

1st round pick
Dandeneault
Sergei Kostitsyn
Begin

Bodacious 12-09-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 16723225)
Give me a break, 1st round pick check, 2 1st round picks who never truly did pan out check.

I mean when you look at the deal, it's comparible to ITSELF if you take out espo and armstrong, not kidding, the value u barely increases by adding those two guys.

That having been said, a comparible deal would be

1st round pick
Dandeneault
Sergei Kostitsyn
Begin

Martin would laugh at that deal.

The issue is that when the Hossa trade was made, they weren't busts. Armstrong was playing wing on Crosby's line and Esposito was 8 months from his draft day. That's why teams want quantity when dealing for prospects.

You can dream all you want about throwing some crumbs to FLA and getting Bowmeister but the point is there are better offers on the table already from other teams.

AH 12-09-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodacious (Post 16730501)

You can dream all you want about throwing some crumbs to FLA and getting Bowmeister but the point is there are better offers on the table already from other teams.

And you know this how?

Bohemian93 12-09-2008 09:30 PM

bouwmesster is worth way more then that. the panthers will probrably want a conditional draft pick halak shouldnt be an asset to be traded price only carries aroun 65% of the games Marc denis or Cedrick Desjardins wont be good enough to back up price. with time desjardins might be able to play thyat role