HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   GDT: Game 28: Flames @ Canadiens - 5:30 MT - Sportsnet West and the Fan 960 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=581561)

Lanny'sDaMan 12-09-2008 10:58 AM

Game 28: Flames @ Canadiens - 5:30 MT - Sportsnet West and the Fan 960

Calgary Flames (16-10-1) at Montreal Canadiens (15-6-5)

5:30pm MST Sportsnet West and the Fan 960

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...SR3jY/610x.jpg

This has been yet another great December road trip for the Flames thus far. With two wins so far they are at .500 for their road trip and head into Hab land looking to go three for three. Getting some stellar goaltending and smart team defensive play, the Flames have found their game. An interesting note, the Flames have won 5 straight on the road, and are 4-0-0 against eastern teams thus far.

To continue this streak the Flames only have to concentrate on the same things that have made them so successful. Smart defensive zone coverage, quick outlet passes, and solid bone jarring hits. The Habs are a dangerous team, and are one of the top teams in the east. This game is very much an opportunity for the Flames to show the rest of the Hockey world, that they are for real, and that they mean business.

Projected Line-ups
Cammalleri-Lombardi-Iginla
Bertuzzi-Langkow-Boyd
Glencross-Conroy-Bourque
Nystrom-Roy-Moss
Extras:
Defence Pairings
Regehr-Aucoin
Phaneuf-Giordano
Sarich-Pardy
Extra:

Expect to see Miikka in the net tonight, although I am detecting some rumblings regarding Tabasco being in possibly. I cannot spell his actual name, and I could look it up, but since his last name is the same as a brand of Tabasco, that shall be my nickname for him.

Injury Report
Out for the Flames are Rhett Warrener (Shoulder), James Vandermeer (Broken Ankle), Wayne Primeau (foot), and Brandon Prust (Broken Jaw). For Montreal Mike Komisarek (Upper Body), and, Mathieu Dandenault(Foot). Andrei Markov is listed as a gametime decision for the Habs. Edit: RDS reports that Tomas Plekanec did not finish the moring skate and is probably not playing tonight either.

Players to Watch
With the return of Dustin Boyd you can bet he will be chomping at the bit, so to speak, to get going. So I’m going to pick him. This kid absolutely hated that he was out and wanted nothing more than to get healthy to play. Expect a goal and an assist from him tonight.

Grannys 12-09-2008 11:32 AM

Will be a tough one but a good game to watch also. Which is why Im pissed because I have to miss this game.

But I will be checking in here once in a while tonight so a early thank you to the play by play followers here.

Hope the Flames shut down Tanguay and let Cammaleri score!! Would be nice.

StreakingRed 12-09-2008 11:35 AM

Hopefully we see another solid road performance followed by a win.

Go Flames!

MACEDONIA 12-09-2008 12:21 PM

Go Flames Go!!!!! You Can Do It!!!!!

Cyrus 12-09-2008 12:32 PM

Just got back from a work trip to Newfoundland where I had no computer access, so I have been in some serious Flame withdrawl. So I am looking forward to this game big time. Thankfully there were some pretty good results to come back to, and I especially wish I could have watched the St. Louis game.

If the Flames play a crash and bang game I think they'll be successful tonight. Guys like Tanguay and Koivu aren't the most physical, so getting the body on them consistantly is a must. With that in mind, I think Glencross will have a strong game.

Very good news that Boyd is back, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Moss on the second line and Boyd playing fewer minutes in order to ease him back after the injury.

We need at least two points in this back-to-back with Montreal and Detroit. Might as well pick up the 2 tonight!

GoFlames 12-09-2008 12:48 PM

I hope the team keeps up their perfect road trip with 2 points and to show everyone once and for all that Cammy is not a step down from Tanguay but instead a better player for their system... Hope Boyd comes back with a goal.

BBrowser 12-09-2008 01:21 PM

I hope the flames don't hit tooooo hard, Hopefully Phaneuf and Tanguay were buddies or something! I'm a diehard dirty Habs fan from Mtl :eek:

Actually Tanguay and Carbonneau aren't big Kennan fans, so there should be enough electricity going; and it's cool to finally see Iginla in Mtl.

You guys should see a lot of our checking line during the game; Bégin, Lapierre, Kostopoulos have been getting tons of ice time, even more than Koivu 5on5. I'm hoping for a fast-paced solid game tonight (that's Calgary's style, right?);

Plekanec is a last minute scratch with a hand injury. The hype over here is D'Agostini, 3 goals in 4 games since being called up from the farm team.

Cheers; good game tonight, it should be!

StreakingRed 12-09-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrowser (Post 16724250)
The hype over here is D'Agostini, 3 goals in 4 games since being called up from the farm team.

Yeah he's looked pretty good for you guys, huh? I haven't had a chance to watch many Habs games recently, but I've been hearing about him a lot lately from buddies of mine who are Habs fans, and they're all pretty happy with this kid.

Anyways, should be a good game tonight. Looking forward to it.

debil 12-09-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

You guys should see a lot of our checking line during the game; Bégin, Lapierre, Kostopoulos have been getting tons of ice time, even more than Koivu 5on5. I'm hoping for a fast-paced solid game tonight (that's Calgary's style, right?);

:bat: Batman Bégin

Hyde 12-09-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

The hype over here is D'Agostini, 3 goals in 4 games since being called up from the farm team.

Cheers; good game tonight, it should be!

The hype (though to be fair we don't talk about him enough) here is David Moss, he is on a four game goal scoring streak. He has six goals in his last nine games.

I agree though, this should be a good game (too bad I'm working tonight).

SergeConstantin74 12-09-2008 02:27 PM

Good game guys! It's always fun to play games against Canadian teams that are not Ottawa or Toronto. It was a great idea to make the Canadian teams play at least two games against each other.

I hope there won't be any 'sloppy seconds' jokes by the crowd tonight, especially when you consider our assistant coach is also a 'sloppy seconds' fan. :sarcasm:

But... it's Montreal... crazy and sometimes brainless crowd...

Hyde 12-09-2008 03:21 PM

^^^ A "Sloppy Seconds" chant would only hurt Elisha, and when you consider she is a Habs Fan you're right that would be "brainless"?! So I hope that the crowd doesn't....but they did in New York.

Anywho:

Quote:

The lines:
* Bertuzzi-Cammalleri-Iginla
* Lombardi-Langkow-Moss
* Glencross-Conroy-Bourque
* Nystrom-Boyd-Roy
http://communities.canada.com/calgar...d-returns.aspx

sonetlumiere 12-09-2008 03:23 PM

LES HABITANTS SUCENT DES BOULES!

lol always look forward to playing the habs, just wish they would've pushed back the date a couple weeks.. used to LOVE watching the flames and habs on new years eve.

SergeConstantin74 12-09-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyde (Post 16725876)
^^^ A "Sloppy Seconds" chant would only hurt Elisha, and when you consider she is a Habs Fan you're right that would be "brainless"?! So I hope that the crowd doesn't....but they did in New York.

Well, New York has big orgasm going on for Avery... Last time I checked, he was booed the whole game in Montreal.

Habs lineup for tonight:

It looks like Plekanec, Dandenault and Markov will be available afterall.

A. Kostitsyn - Koivu - D'Agostini
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Tanguay - Plekanec - S. Kostitsyn/Kostopoulos
Bégin - Lapierre - S. Kostitsyn/Kostopoulos

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Brisebois
Bouillon - Dandenault

Halak (starting)
Price

ReVeuF 12-09-2008 04:26 PM

Looking forward for a great game from both teams...

Hope this game will not taste like the 1989 cup final :( would prefer the 1986 final :).

Have a good game everyone, I can't wait !!!

GoFlames 12-09-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReVeuF (Post 16726766)
Looking forward for a great game from both teams...

Hope this game will not taste like the 1989 cup final :( would prefer the 1986 final :).

Have a good game everyone, I can't wait !!!

Haha well I am hoping for 1989 :naughty: replay. Either way the Habs are my second favourite team so we are having a BBQ and hockey but things start so early, three hour time changes.

Uber Coca 12-09-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFlames (Post 16726977)
Haha well I am hoping for 1989 :naughty: replay. Either way the Habs are my second favourite team so we are having a BBQ and hockey but things start so early, three hour time changes.

We are getting a freaking snow storm over here!

These teams always make for a good matchup. Have a good one!

serratedmuffin 12-09-2008 06:39 PM

Should be a good game, interesting storylines with hamrlik and tanguay playing against their former club. Look for Calgary to throw their weight around as they are a bigger team and I'm hoping/predicting a big game from iggy.

Go Flames!

DBU 12-09-2008 06:43 PM

what a start!

DBU 12-09-2008 06:45 PM

aaaand i jinxed it.

StreakingRed 12-09-2008 06:46 PM

Aaah ****... :rant:

DBU 12-09-2008 07:00 PM

aaaaagh come onnnn!!

KiwiFlamesFan 12-09-2008 07:13 PM

Awsome save on an old teammate :handclap:

GoFlames 12-09-2008 07:18 PM

I am not one to gripe about reffing but that was not boarding.... good old fashioned checking. :rant:

The Gaud Father 12-09-2008 07:20 PM

Hab fans crying about that hit...I bet if their players did that, they would be celebrating.

Is it just me, or should hockey just take hitting off.

That way, even guys conditioned like a normal 14 year old teen can make the NHL.