HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: RIP Guy Rouleau (QMJHL star, Montreal Roadrunners) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=581573)

wolfinhabsclothing 12-09-2008 11:33 AM

OT: RIP Guy Rouleau (QMJHL star, Montreal Roadrunners)

Not sure if anyone remembers him, but I was saddened to hear of the passing of Guy Rouleau on TEAM 990 this morning. He was a star in the QMJHL and I remember him best for bringing me out of my seat on many an occassion at Montreal Roadrunner roller hockey games. RIP. 43 - what a shame!

From rds.ca -

Guy Rouleau est mort à l'âge de 43 ans. (photo : site des Olympiques) Triste nouvelle. L'ancienne grande vedette des Olympiques de Hull dans la LHJMQ, Guy Rouleau, a perdu son combat contre le cancer.

L'homme de 43 ans a rendu l'âme à 23:45 dimanche. Il luttait contre un cancer au cerveau depuis 1998.

Guy Rouleau avait remporté le championnat des compteurs de la LHJMQ en 1985-86 avec une production impressionnante de 191 points, dont 91 buts, en 61 matchs.

Un ancien coéquipier et ami à Hull en 1985-86, Pat Brisson, a déclaré que le défunt était un excellent joueur. "Un des meilleurs joueurs juniors que j'ai vu dans toute ma vie".

Les Olympiques ont retiré son numéro 77. Il avait aussi joué pour les Chevaliers de Longueuil durant trois saisons. Il avait également appartenu au Canadien de Montréal, jouant notamment à Sherbrooke avec la filiale de la Ligue américaine. En 86 rencontres, il avait marqué 30 buts et amassé 50 passes.

Il a aussi fait les beaux jours des Roadrunners de Montréal entre 1994 et 1996 au roller hockey comme joueur et entraîneur.

Check out his career numbers here -

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=6382

Just awesome. A star at everly level up until he was diagnosed with brain cancer in 1998.

Whitesnake 12-09-2008 11:39 AM

Totally remember him. On talent alone, that guy had everything to be an NHL star. Definately one of the greatest junior players I've seen so far.

JeromeHP 12-09-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 16722904)
Totally remember him. On talent alone, that guy had everything to be an NHL star. Definately one of the greatest junior players I've seen so far.

never saw him played hockey but was sure a heck of a roller hockey player!!!:yo:

RIP GUY

Stradale 12-09-2008 01:02 PM

I remember his name as the roller hockey player.

Gros Bill 12-09-2008 02:24 PM

Never saw him play, he was apparently quite the junior player. Pat Burns coached him and was pretty choked up this morning on CKAC.

Pax Macioretty 12-09-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 16723995)
I remember his name as the roller hockey player.

me too, god i wish i could see one of those games again, didn't Bouillon play with the Roadrunners once?

Stawks 12-09-2008 02:35 PM

Anyone mind translating the article for me? What was the cause-of-death?

Man, 43... that is just uncool. The guy was amazing in the Q.

mariolemieux66 12-09-2008 03:34 PM

I saw him several times when he was playing with the Chevaliers de Longueuil at Le Colisse Jean Beliveau.

It would have been nice to see him play with Mario Lemieux back then, they would have both got 250+ points.

My mother used to work at the little cantina at the Colisse and did'nt have good thing to say about the guy.

He still was an amazing Junior player.

Daniel Shank, Ronnie Stern, JJ Daigneault, Michel Therrien played with Rouleau with Longueuil.

wolfinhabsclothing 12-09-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JethroNull (Post 16725210)

After toughing it out for a decade he succombed to brain cancer. Word around town is that Luc Robitaille spent much money out of his own pocket to try and get him help beyond what he could get in the province of Quebec.

CareyPrice x 31 12-09-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JethroNull (Post 16725210)

brain cancer...he's had it since 1998.

was a heck of a player.

D3nZ 12-09-2008 03:56 PM

I still have my RoadRunners jersey in the basement, RIP.

wolfinhabsclothing 12-09-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16725117)
me too, god i wish i could see one of those games again, didn't Bouillon play with the Roadrunners once?

Yes, he played for them when he was quite young. Good times - I loved going to Roadrunners games!

CareyPrice x 31 12-09-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16725117)

23 games played

4G 9A
63PIM

beowulf 12-09-2008 07:31 PM

As with others, I remember him most for his time as a member of the Roadrunners. RIP

Habnot 12-09-2008 08:42 PM

I have many fond memories of Guy Rouleau. I saw Guy Rouleau play hockey for the first time when he was Atom aged in Pointe-Aux-Trembles. There was some very good players that came out of that time including Benoit Hogue and Yves Beaudoin (who had a cup of coffee with Washington).

He was , what you would describe a phenom. A smallish player who played at the wrong time, when cluctching and grabbing were a common part of hockey.

R.I.P.