HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Playoffs in 2006? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58177)

Islanders4Cups 03-03-2004 09:04 PM

Playoffs in 2006?
 
Congrats, it looks like some fine prospects and top picks are coming your way. It should be fun. Give them a few years to develop and who knows, maybe 2006 will be a playoff year.

Only time will tell...

Edge 03-03-2004 09:12 PM

honestly i dont care if we dont make it till 2010 so long as we finally get a nucleus in place that we can build around.

Shadowtron 03-03-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
honestly i dont care if we dont make it till 2010 so long as we finally get a nucleus in place that we can build around.

You speak for us all :handclap:

Burberry Manning 03-03-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
honestly i dont care if we dont make it till 2010 so long as we finally get a nucleus in place that we can build around.

I dont know. Lately it seems that alot of teams with good systems, young and hungry talent, and good goaltending can make the playoffs and excell. It wouldn't suprise me if we were able to have a base of Jagr and another solid veteran or two with a nice supporting cast of young guys, make the playoffs in future years.

Servo 03-03-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleeding blue
I dont know. Lately it seems that alot of teams with good systems, young and hungry talent, and good goaltending can make the playoffs and excell. It wouldn't suprise me if we were able to have a base of Jagr and another solid veteran or two with a nice supporting cast of young guys, make the playoffs in future years.

Agreed, building with youth with Jagr and Holik in place actually sounds kind of exciting. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

skully 03-03-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islanders4Cups
Congrats, it looks like some fine prospects and top picks are coming your way. It should be fun. Give them a few years to develop and who knows, maybe 2006 will be a playoff year.

Only time will tell...

If Sather doesn't mess this up :dunno: , it will take at least 5-6 years but then...

look out!

Burberry Manning 03-03-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servo
Agreed, building with youth with Jagr and Holik in place actually sounds kind of exciting. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

If you think about it, those two players alone could ensure two very good NHL caliber lines. Your #1 offensive line with Jagr and then a pretty good checking/defensive line centered by Holik. I really would salivate at the thought of having Lundmark center Jagr and Balej, because IMO you could have two pillars next to a MOTIVATED Jagr and he would light the red lamp, but I don't know if we are quite there yet. Add Jessiman, Moore, and Murray to the fold in the future and you have what shapes up to be a nice offensive package. Holik would just be an overall excellent defensive presense to have if he can finally be utilized properly. Again, Ortmeyer and Murray could be used effectively with him in the future. Finally, we have 5 out of the first 60 picks in this year's draft which will only add invaluable depth and skill into our system. Thinks actually begin to be looking up for our team in the near future, however there still is the necessity of an above-average NHL coach and proper development for these players.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.