HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What I would like to see more of from here on.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=582194)

Prospalous 12-11-2008 12:55 AM

What I would like to see more of from here on..

Hey guys, I thought it would be cool to see what in you're opinion you'd like to see more of which would maybe help improve our goals per game output.

I'll start it off with a couple of things.

1) we definitely need some more energy out there. Tonight's game against Atlanta, I definitely saw some of this which I haven't seen much of recently.

2) More SELFISH play. Yeah I know this is probably never said, but I want to see some breakaways, dangling, and jaw dropping moves. If I see the fishsticks doing it, theres NO reason why players like Gomez, Naslund, Zherdev, and Dubi can't. They have some amazing puck handling skills and I would just like to see some more solo attacks instead of looking for the pass. When these players are always looking for a pass, it usually breaks up the momentum of the play.

3) And if we're going to pass the puck, please hit the stick. I don't know if its an unclean pass, or what, but some of the passes out there make these guys look like they have butterfingers! or is it buttersticks? hah

4) And finally, some more physicality and energy on the forecheck. We need something to keep these teams on their feet and not let them just walk all over us into our zone.

levski87 12-11-2008 02:09 AM

Got it. No worries, Renney has us doing off-ice drills again tomorrow so we don't have to practice our amazing PP.

After the off-ice drils, we'll be watching Seinfield re-runs.

nyr2k2 12-11-2008 07:26 AM

So basically, we need players that show more passion and possess better skills.

Vitto79 12-11-2008 07:30 AM

I am going to get bashed for this BUT once again optimism................the team now has 40 pts...........even with the games in hand for other teams they still will likely be tied for the top

With that plenty of time to fix the problems............in a week if Mats Sundin becomes a Ranger and they move Rozi and Prucha then this board will be celebrating.............let's see what happens if anything before the xmas Roster freeze

offdacrossbar 12-11-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levski87 (Post 16753532)
Got it. No worries, Renney has us doing off-ice drills again tomorrow so we don't have to practice our amazing PP.

After the off-ice drils, we'll be watching Seinfield re-runs.

:laugh:

funny. so true, and sad really. why practice something when you can ride a stationary bike and watch film of all the "good" things we did.

Fletch 12-11-2008 08:13 AM

we need to see more consistent play. This team played many games in October when it looked as though they were all over the puck. They seemed to dominate at times and if they fell behind, you just knew they would come back. It was real fun hockey to watch (even if it yielded more than its fair share of odd man rushes against). Lately, the consistent effort has disappeared and so has the feeling that they can win every game. They just need to play hard and smart every shift again. The passing was crisp, the positioning was solid - it's time to get back to basics.