HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tom Preissing: D Acquisition? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=582371)

GoldenForum 12-11-2008 03:40 PM

Tom Preissing: D Acquisition?
 
Eklund mentioned it. Don't think much of Eklund, but Preissing could be a nice acquisition. In second year of a 4-year 2.75 mil/year contract.

Aside from his stats, what do folks know of him?

HabsGuy19 12-11-2008 03:41 PM

Just saw that on his blog as well, here is the link:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=18338

It would definitely be an interesting acquisition, but only time will tell.

Rscorpio 12-11-2008 03:42 PM

link?:help:

gusfring 12-11-2008 03:44 PM

He's a solid d-man that can move the puck. Not physical, but still has decent size.

Right handed shot that could help for sure.

Something like this would look good and it would help us in that we wouldn't have to dress 71 or 3.

Markov-Komi
Hamrlik-Preissing
Bouillon- Gorges

Rscorpio 12-11-2008 03:48 PM

Age: 30

HT ; 6-0 WT; 198

shoots; R

GP ; 19 G ; 3 A ; 4 Pts; 7

Miller Time 12-11-2008 03:52 PM

No thanks...

too soft and to prone to bonehead mistakes. His 2.75 mill cap hit would quickly turn him into the next Dandy around here (as in a guy everyone complains about because we are paying him too much for what he brings to the team).

Marc the Habs Fan 12-11-2008 03:52 PM

Good thing he reported it, now we know there's no chance of it happening.

Preissing is not what we need since he doesn't have a big shot and his contract is not good since it extends into the disaster zone that will be the 2010-11 NHL salary cap.

Ohashi_Jouzu 12-11-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenForum (Post 16759774)
Aside from his stats, what do folks know of him?

Umm, how about the part where he's actually terrible at the defense part of being a defenseman. We don't need him.

I think it is telling that he was San Jose's leading scorer among defensemen, but they didn't think he was worth keeping. Next season, he was Ottawa's leading scoring defenseman, and THEY didn't think he was worth holding onto then either. Not that he comes with a high price either. Puts up points, but gives coaches heart attacks.

Marc-E- 12-12-2008 08:11 AM

Can we find a winner somewhere who's playing on the blue line? It's important to get a guy who has experience in the playoff and also won a Stanley Cup. Forget about Jay Bouwmeester, he's way overated. Pressing could be an element in the puzzle but not the solution. We need a master piece.

Monctonscout 12-12-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenForum (Post 16759774)
Eklund mentioned it. Don't think much of Eklund, but Preissing could be a nice acquisition. In second year of a 4-year 2.75 mil/year contract.

Aside from his stats, what do folks know of him?


I think he would be ok as plan C or D. I'd prefer if Bob went after Bouwmeester depending on price.

Iwishihadacup 12-12-2008 08:23 AM

he was +48 playing for the sens one year

SeNaToR PhIL 12-12-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16771747)
he was +48 playing for the sens one year

Indeed, he was picking up assists and goals right & left back when our power-play existed.

But he's not physical at all, pretty much why he was benched for most of the SCF vs. Anaheim. Then he fled to LA.

Iwishihadacup 12-12-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeNaToR PhIL (Post 16771782)
Indeed, he was picking up assists and goals right & left back when our power-play existed.

But he's not physical at all, pretty much why he was benched for most of the SCF vs. Anaheim. Then he fled to LA.

you know that the + - are only on 5 on 5 right?


he must was doing good at equal forces too

AH 12-12-2008 08:52 AM

Well, I wish we could get Shea Weber personally, but guys like Preissing is what we are really going to get because they are actually attainable.

Habs 4 Life 12-12-2008 09:36 AM

I would rather have him then Brisebois or Dandenault or Bouillon.I would make that deal anytime and I always liked Tom,good shot and went to the finals with the Sens couple of years ago

LeMAD 12-12-2008 09:38 AM

Brisebois is better than Preissing.

Habs 4 Life 12-12-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMAD (Post 16772376)
Brisebois is better than Preissing.

At what picking up the pucks after practice?

Plekanetzz 12-12-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMAD (Post 16772376)
Brisebois is better than Preissing.

edit

Preissing is better than Brisebois

El Wama 12-12-2008 11:24 AM

While studying jounalism now... we've learn to have 2-3 credible sources to have a good story/news...

I had a chat with a NJ scout friday last week. He clearly told me that Gainey didnt go to California for sundin, but for a d-man.

But, it was just one source..

I've look at the schedule, and the only realistic name that pop to my mind was Pressing.

the thing is, maybe gainey is interested in Pressing, but god.. Eklund is the kind of «journalist» you don't need in this buisnes... So even if I had a chat with a scout and heard Eklund say it, I belive this is bull****

Hannibal 12-12-2008 11:26 AM

If we make a move for a D-man, i'm pretty sure that it will be a lefty. With a lefty d-man, Markov can go back to his position on the PP and we will be able to have FINALY a one-time situation.

Blind Gardien 12-12-2008 11:56 AM

We've had this thread before, and I'm still on the fence. It's a somewhat risky contract to take on for a defenseman who isn't a clear fit... he's more of a playmaker too, yet another undersized and non-physical guy. I'd really want to make sure I looked at a bunch of other options first, but at the end of the day, if you could get him for basically nothing because of his contract, well, something for nothing might pay off, even if the fit is not ideal.

The talk about Koistinen is a bit interesting too, a guy we also talked about in the off-season IIRC. And a far better contractual fit there too.

dre2112 12-12-2008 12:27 PM

Priessing actually has a good shot. He just doesn't shoot much.

Habs10Habs 12-12-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 16773896)
We've had this thread before, and I'm still on the fence. It's a somewhat risky contract to take on for a defenseman who isn't a clear fit... he's more of a playmaker too, yet another undersized and non-physical guy. I'd really want to make sure I looked at a bunch of other options first, but at the end of the day, if you could get him for basically nothing because of his contract, well, something for nothing might pay off, even if the fit is not ideal.

The talk about Koistinen is a bit interesting too, a guy we also talked about in the off-season IIRC. And a far better contractual fit there too.

I've heard all the Timonen comparisons when it comes to Koistenen. But I haven't seen it so far in the Nashville games I've watched. He's decent on the PP, but he looks weak in 5 on 5 situations.

Blind Gardien 12-12-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 16774595)
I've heard all the Timonen comparisons when it comes to Koistenen. But I haven't seen it so far in the Nashville games I've watched. He's decent on the PP, but he looks weak in 5 on 5 situations.

All we need is "decent on the PP"... and a throwaway contract if it doesn't pan out is a nice bonus. But perhaps for that reason Nashville would find more suitors and the price would end up being higher. I don't have any personal opinion on Koistinen, just the stats and hearsay (mostly from last year).

Habs10Habs 12-12-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 16774725)
All we need is "decent on the PP"... and a throwaway contract if it doesn't pan out is a nice bonus. But perhaps for that reason Nashville would find more suitors and the price would end up being higher. I don't have any personal opinion on Koistinen, just the stats and hearsay (mostly from last year).

Well that he could provide, I was just pointing out that he probably wouldn't be a good addition to play in our top 6.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.