HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trade Proposals. Place them all here. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=582400)

HomaridII 12-11-2008 04:52 PM

Trade Proposals. Place them all here.

1st round pick + Higgins + Pacioretty

He says thats what it would take for Montreal to get Jay Bo.

Bill McNeal 12-11-2008 04:53 PM

And he in all likelihood would never re-sign here, so no thanks.

MM425 12-11-2008 04:53 PM

Eff that.

Mue 12-11-2008 04:53 PM

IMO, too much for a rental.

beowulf 12-11-2008 04:53 PM

Sorry but he is not worth that imo. He is good but being a UFA no way.

loadie 12-11-2008 04:54 PM

Only if he signed long term with us, if not, screw that.

shealy04 12-11-2008 04:56 PM

Higgins is one of my favourite players on the Habs and I am a huge supporter of his... but I would definitely conisder making that move.

Form and Substance 12-11-2008 05:02 PM

I would probably do it. I'm sure Jay-bo would like to stay in a winning environment. We have the pieces.

ReVeuF 12-11-2008 05:02 PM

I am not so high on Jay Bo, he is really not a Ray Bourque... and it would mostly be for a rental. Bob need to keep his 1st pick because the next Draft is at Montreal.

Overpaying from us I think.

Canadian_Brewtality 12-11-2008 05:05 PM

did he say that the habs were major players?

I dont mind higgins and a first. Pax might be a lot...

BUT championships are made on goaltending ad defence, and with a top 4 of Markov, Komi, Hammer and Jaybo....:amazed:

Plus he would help our PP.

I would ponder this proposal.

Evil Ted 12-11-2008 05:05 PM

if the pick was conditional or something to him resiging with the habs, and who knows how much hes going to ask for, can we afford Markov Komisarek Hammer and Bouwmeester? 20+ millions in 4 defencemen.

Galchenyuk x 27 12-11-2008 05:07 PM

pass

mooseOAK* 12-11-2008 05:08 PM

I think that Bouwmeester won't sign with any Canadian team, he's complained at least a couple of times about all of the media attention.

One Trick Pony 12-11-2008 05:08 PM

no way

Kriss E 12-11-2008 05:08 PM

I think very much like Price was, MaxPac has become our only true untouchable prospect.

He's the type of player we've been waiting for in Mtl for a very long time. In general, I don't see us getting rid of any offensive prospects since we have a pool of D ones, but MaxPac I feel is untouchable.

Magic33 12-11-2008 05:09 PM

I would do this deal if we could replace Max Pac with someone else. the 1st and Higgins I have no problem with

NewHabsEra* 12-11-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 16760716)

lol forget it.. no one in this league will overpay that much to get a player that will become UFA at the end of the year.. Anyway, Im not sure I would trade MaxPac straight up for JayBo even if he was still under contract for a couple of years..

Outside Detroit and very few other teams that have some serious depth, I doubt they have something more interesting than Higgins + a 1st to put on the table.. So I like our chances..

Erik Estrada 12-11-2008 05:13 PM

J-Bo would be great for our cup run this season. Following this scenario, the Habs would be going all in. However, how much of our future are we willing to sacrifice? Any non-centennial year, I would say this is utter madness. On our centennial-year, I'll settle for gross overpayment.

Marc the Habs Fan 12-11-2008 05:15 PM

Florida is dreaming if they think they can get that for a UFA-to-be. Dreaming.

It must be noted though that Pierre said something like ''Higgins, Pacioretty and a 1st gets it done TODAY''. As in, Florida would be stupid not to take such an offer at this point. I don't think he meant that it will DEFINITELY take that much to get Bouwmeester. He didn't say the Habs were in the Bouwmeester sweeps, he was just asked what the price could/would be. He also said earlier in the conversation that CGY wants Bouwmeester desperately, but a quick glance at their prospect situation/current roster and you notice they have almost nothing to offer in terms of expendable cheap young players.

Canadian_Brewtality 12-11-2008 05:16 PM

If Jay-bo would come here, Hammer would have to leave certainly.

Our biggest defficiency for the immediate future is our back end, but nobody ever wants to give up any youth, it dosent make sense.

MaxPAc is a good player and he COULD be great, but who really knows. We are ready to win this year, who knows what the team will look like when our prospects are ready to step up. Could be 2-3 even 5 years before max comes into his own.

We have to give up on some guys to get better now.

PacketFlo 12-11-2008 05:18 PM

3 first rounders for a guy who has yet to play a playoff game is a bit much. Gainey would rather find a cheaper alternative...

couz 12-11-2008 05:19 PM

Of those three its MaxPac that would hurt me most seeing gone.

Marc the Habs Fan 12-11-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 16761007)
If Jay-bo would come here, Hammer would have to leave certainly..

?

I hope you mean if we wanted to re-sign Jay Bo long-term, then yeah.

But Jay Bo's cap hit is 4.8 M, so we can fit him in our cap come February without a doubt. No need to move Hammer.

Nitehowl 12-11-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 16760716)

I would rather put a package together to get a Kovalchuk, Horton or Kaberle.Anyone of those players would help waay more the Bo
I don't think he is as good as the hype. Plus he doesn't like media attention

Canadian_Brewtality 12-11-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 16761005)
Florida is dreaming if they think they can get that for a UFA-to-be. Dreaming.

It must be noted though that Pierre said something like ''Higgins, Pacioretty and a 1st gets it done TODAY''. As in, Florida would be stupid not to take such an offer at this point. I don't think he meant that it will DEFINITELY take that much to get Bouwmeester. He didn't say the Habs were in the Bouwmeester sweeps, he was just asked what the price could/would be. He also said earlier in the conversation that CGY wants Bouwmeester desperately, but a quick glance at their prospect situation/current roster and you notice they have almost nothing to offer in terms of expendable cheap young players.

Yes dreaming.
Because lesser players havent been traded for just as many prospects, picks, and players.

Habs fans just over-evaluate all of there prospects