HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Best Player by Country - Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=582670)

kipper_rules 12-12-2008 11:39 AM

Best Player by Country - Russia
 
Pick away:

Bruinsfan_37 12-12-2008 11:55 AM

Malkin

Celestial Black 12-12-2008 12:30 PM

Ovechkin.

Sorry 12-12-2008 12:34 PM

Malkin.

I wonder if this will be a two horse race or not?:sarcasm:

I Eat Crow 12-12-2008 12:36 PM

I'm predicting that this thread is going to turn into a Malkin vs. Ovechkin or a Pittsburgh vs. Washington pissing match.

That said, my objective pick is Ovechkin

Inner Gear 12-12-2008 12:39 PM

Malkin.

Impressionist 12-12-2008 12:39 PM

Ovechkin. What gives him the edge is that he plays more physical than Malkin.

Riffo* 12-12-2008 12:45 PM

Malkin.

CptxMorgan 12-12-2008 12:49 PM

Kovalchuk, because him taunting Crosby was far more memorable than any of Ovechkin's goals.

DownInFlames 12-12-2008 12:54 PM

Ovechkin without a doubt.

Sorry 12-12-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impressionist (Post 16774481)
Ovechkin. What gives him the edge is that he plays more physical than Malkin.

For sure. Ovechkin hits (more)often, and that alone is enough to give him the edge over a player who is equally(possibly more) talented on offense and much, much better on defense.

Makes sense to me.:sarcasm:

pouskin74* 12-12-2008 02:02 PM

Ovechkin

Henrique Iglesias 12-12-2008 02:26 PM

Ovechkin.

Jeffrey 12-12-2008 02:39 PM

Malkin add Markov

DrFeelgood 12-12-2008 02:40 PM

Semenov

kidding, Ovechkin.

Vicarious 12-12-2008 02:43 PM

I'll go with Ovechkin, he did score 65 goals last season.

Iwishihadacup 12-12-2008 03:11 PM

The guy who got a humongous amount of trophies last year

El Maestro 12-12-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood (Post 16776329)
Semenov

kidding, Ovechkin.

That was sooooooo funny ...

MaximusT 12-12-2008 03:16 PM

Dmitri Kalinin!!!!!!!!

Stu Macher 12-12-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wreck Gar (Post 16775114)
For sure. Ovechkin hits (more)often, and that alone is enough to give him the edge over a player who is equally(possibly more) talented on offense and much, much better on defense.

Makes sense to me.:sarcasm:

I'm still waiting to be convinced about Malkin's scary-good defensive game I'm always hearing about. From what I've seen, he's no better than Ovechkin at defense.

Moseph 12-12-2008 03:59 PM

Ovechkin. I just feel when he and Malkin are both playing their best hockey Ovechkin is playing a little better.

Luigi Lemieux 12-12-2008 05:38 PM

35% of the season is over and malkin is still on pace for 136 points. malkin's the best player in the world right now and has overtaken ovechkin imo. 102 pts in his last 64 games, a 131 pt pace. ovechkin's best is 112 pts. if malkin can keep up this pace for an entire season i think that would speak for itself.

Luongo2008* 12-12-2008 05:54 PM

ovechkin

DanZ 12-12-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux (Post 16778938)
35% of the season is over and malkin is still on pace for 136 points. malkin's the best player in the world right now and has overtaken ovechkin imo. 102 pts in his last 64 games, a 131 pt pace. ovechkin's best is 112 pts. if malkin can keep up this pace for an entire season i think that would speak for itself.

Well yeah, people go on streaks. If he can keep it up than I can see your argument. At the end of last year OV seemed to be scoring every other night. But his mediocre start (by his standards) balance out his phenomenal scoring at the end of the year. So he ended up with only (:sarcasm:) 65 goals. Wait 'til the seasons over. you can say that right now Malkin is a 130 pt man. Ovechkin has had the best season so far in last year and is therefore the current Russian king.

Saw Jiris Tlusty 12-12-2008 06:57 PM

Alexander Ovechkin


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.