HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   The Best Offensive Foward Group In The NHL - #2. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=583094)

HockeyThoughts 12-13-2008 03:03 PM

The Best Offensive Foward Group In The NHL - #2.

This poll is who do you think is the most dangerous offensive group is in the league..At this time AND based upon potential.

If I put the wrong player on your team or something, just let me know I'll edit it,

#1:
San Jose Sharks:
Thornton, Setoguchi, Pavelski, Marleau, Michalek, Cheechoo, Boyle, Blake, Clowe, Vlasic - 34.56%

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=582516

Here are the top 10 offensive players on each team:
Detroit Red Wings:
Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Samuelsson, Franzen, Hudler, Holmstrom

Pittsburgh Pengiuns:
Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Sykora, Fedotenko, Whitney, Gonchar, Satan, Kennedy

Boston Bruins:
Savard, Lucic, Bergeron, Krejci, Kessel, Ryder, Sturm, Chara, Wideman, Wheeler

Philadelphia Flyers:
Richards, Carter, Gagne, Briere, Lupul, Hartnell, Timmonen, Knuble, Coburn, Upshall

Washington Capitals:
Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Nylander, Green, Kozlov, Laich, Fleischmann, Fedorov, Poti

Montreal Canadiens:
Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay, Plekanec, Markov, A. Kostitsyn, S. Kostitsyn, Lang, Higgins, Latendresse

Chicago Blackhawks:
Kane, Toews, Sharp, Havlat, Campbell, Keith, Versteeg, Ladd, Bolland, Byfuglien

New York Rangers:
Zherdev, Naslund, Drury, Gomez, Dubinsky, Girardi, Redden, Rozsival, Voros, Mara

Vancouver Canucks:
H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Bernier, Kesler, Bieksa, Ohlund, Wellwood, Raymond, Burrows, Demitra

Carolina Hurricanes:
Staal, Williams, Cullen, Brind'Amour, Whitney, Ruutu, Samsonov, Corvo, Pitkanen, Seidenberg,

Ottawa Senators:
Alfredsson, Spezza, Heatley, Fisher, Vermette, Kuba, Neil, Ruutu, Foligno, Schubert

Dallas Stars:
Morrow, Modano, Riberio, Zubov, Richards, Lehtinen, Avery, Brunnstrom, Eriksson, Niskanen

LA Kings:
Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, Doughty, Quincy, Handzus, O'Sullivan, Stoll, Moller, Calder

Colorado Avalanche:
Statsny, Sakic, Smyth, Hedjuk, Svatos, Wolski, Liles, Laperriere, Leopold, Tucker

Frozen Fiend 12-13-2008 03:32 PM

The Detroit Red Wings.

Duchene2MacKinnon 12-13-2008 03:42 PM

Avalanche(voted wings)

Bruinsfan_37 12-13-2008 03:43 PM

Red Wings followed by my Bruins

Devilsfan92 12-13-2008 04:00 PM

I voted Wings, Devils should be up there too IMO, or maybe I'm being a homer... lol

backs4mvp 12-13-2008 04:02 PM

Detroit then Philly.

HoverCarle* 12-13-2008 04:06 PM

Detroit

Gags1288 12-13-2008 04:12 PM

Philadelphia vs. Detroit is pretty tough.

The Flyers have 7 guys this season who project to 25 goals or more over the course of 82 games (Gagne, Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Lupul, Knuble, and Briere), that's great scoring depth.

Both teams are lead by 3 excellent two-way players, with Detroit's big 3 having a slight edge (though I think Philadelphia's big 3 have been slightly more effective this season with 100 points in 86 total games vs. 80 points in 82 games for Detroit's trio).

Beyond that, you have Briere/Hartnell/Lupul/Knuble vs. Franzen/Holmstrom/Hudler/Filppula.

The question is a little confusing in that it asks for the top offensive FORWARD groups and then goes onto list defenseman. If we're talking strictly forwards, then I think the Flyers have the slight edge overall. If we're talking offensive teams then the slight edge might go to Detroit because of Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, etc.. having a slight edge offensively over Timonen/Carle/Coburn etc..

ChicoEats 12-13-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 (Post 16794740)
I voted Wings, Devils should be up there too IMO, or maybe I'm being a homer... lol

Parise and Elias are both above a point per game and Gionta is at a point per game. The first two lines are really clicking together and have not been broken up in awhile. They are 14th in goals scored and have played two or more less games than every team ahead of them except for Chicago. They're 8th in goals per game with 3.04.

The Senators and Rangers (who are on the list) have the 29th and 27th worst goals per game.

HockeyThoughts 12-13-2008 04:23 PM

I'll add Devils, when I take Detroit out next poll.

Might just make the new poll this evening, Detroit is clearly running away with it..

..and I'll take out the word 'forward' in my next poll.

Celestial Black 12-13-2008 04:32 PM

Red Wings.

Luongo2008* 12-13-2008 05:57 PM

Detroit Red Wings

JGalt 12-13-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gags1288 (Post 16794897)
Philadelphia vs. Detroit is pretty tough.

The Flyers have 7 guys this season who project to 25 goals or more over the course of 82 games (Gagne, Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Lupul, Knuble, and Briere), that's great scoring depth.

Both teams are lead by 3 excellent two-way players, with Detroit's big 3 having a slight edge (though I think Philadelphia's big 3 have been slightly more effective this season with 100 points in 86 total games vs. 80 points in 82 games for Detroit's trio).

Beyond that, you have Briere/Hartnell/Lupul/Knuble vs. Franzen/Holmstrom/Hudler/Filppula.

The question is a little confusing in that it asks for the top offensive FORWARD groups and then goes onto list defenseman. If we're talking strictly forwards, then I think the Flyers have the slight edge overall. If we're talking offensive teams then the slight edge might go to Detroit because of Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, etc.. having a slight edge offensively over Timonen/Carle/Coburn etc..

This

cheechoo train 12-13-2008 08:21 PM

I went with the Red Wings, but after that it gets tough between Boston and Philly.

Luceni 12-13-2008 09:45 PM

Need to take the Red Wings here.

Next poll should be a clear win for the Flyers.

ALinsky 12-13-2008 09:47 PM

I understand Detroit as #2 but Boston should be 3...They have the most goals scored in the league...

tony d 12-14-2008 01:42 PM

Detroit Red Wings

Gags1288 12-14-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badgers81 (Post 16801867)
I understand Detroit as #2 but Boston should be 3...They have the most goals scored in the league...

They have 6 more goals then the Flyers in one more game and the Flyers have played without arguably their top offensive threat in Danny Briere for most of the season. The addition of Matt Carle has also made the Flyers transition game and PP quite a bit better.

I Hate Chris Butler 12-14-2008 02:34 PM

That poll is a close race...