HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you think we can get good value for Plekanec? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=583166)

Pascal 12-13-2008 07:33 PM

Do you think we can get good value for Plekanec?

Captain Fluff is actually one of my favorite players on the team, but even I have to admit he's just too soft. He showed it last year too.

I think he'd be a good chip to get someone with more sandpaper. Do you think Plek's value might be high enough to get something decent in return?

He has great skills and is good defensively so I am sure someone would take him.

Fire Brunet* 12-13-2008 07:44 PM

Plekanec for Lucic!:sarcasm:

keepcalmandbeninja 12-13-2008 08:03 PM

I believe he has an interesting value in the trading market...from the our prospective....(Habs)

However his value was a lot higher last year I believe.

LyricalLyricist 12-13-2008 08:06 PM

I wouldn't trade him, solely because we have no depth at center. Besides koivu being injured, Lang isn't young and our prospects at center aren't ready to make a huge impact. Does he has good value? Depending the team, yes I think he does, although I feel he has more value in a package than straight up. Plek+Latendresse for Jay bo? I would do it, just whatever, we have no one to replace him right now.

Pascal 12-13-2008 08:13 PM

i'd be willing to trade him for a less talented C who can grind, but i think most teams wouldn't want to trade those kind of guys..

Kirk Muller 12-13-2008 08:45 PM

I think you'd have to package him to get a good second line center back. They need a bigger center with actually jam to his game. Pleks has been playing scared from the last years playoffs till now. You aren't going to win with him.

Pascal 12-13-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous (Post 16800550)
I think you'd have to package him to get a good second line center back. They need a bigger center with actually jam to his game. Pleks has been playing scared from the last years playoffs till now. You aren't going to win with him.

yea i agree. how many big Cs with jam is there in the nhl? there's so few and whoever has one won't deal him. :shakehead

any disgruntled Cs out there? Horton?

TheCH* 12-13-2008 08:47 PM

Plekanec is not the sole problem. Everybody who had a career year last year are suckin this year, thats the problem.

Pascal 12-13-2008 08:51 PM

no one said he's the sole problem.

Kirk Muller 12-13-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 16800584)
yea i agree. how many big Cs with jam is there in the nhl? there's so few and whoever has one won't deal him. :shakehead

any disgruntled Cs out there? Horton?

there isn't much out there. Its apparent this version of Pleks is going to need a guy like Lucic on his wing. Someone who can do the dirty work and finish. Montreal doesn't have anyone like this.

Montreal lacks balance. Too many skilled, playmaking, perimeter, inconsistent offensive players.

Pascal 12-13-2008 08:55 PM

maybe fischer could be available.. he's having a bad year. i doubt they'd trade him tho. especially to montreal. bah.

Kirk Muller 12-13-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 16800772)
maybe fischer could be available.. he's having a bad year. i doubt they'd trade him tho. especially to montreal. bah.

i just don't see Fisher with enough offense for the second line role although you could argue Montreal isn't getting that anyhow.

Unfortunately Montreal likely needs to start looking for a first line center and bumping Koivu down. They need his replacement soon. How you attain this is beyond me.

Tricolore#20 12-13-2008 09:01 PM

Do not trade him. Regardless of his scoring slump, he continues to be the Canadiens' hardest working skill player. Night after night, he works hard and generates something, even if it doesn't show up on the scoreboard. It would be a massive mistake to trade this player.

ryanghg 12-13-2008 09:01 PM

Plekanec is definitely not the problem. It would be dumb to move him.

kris 12-13-2008 09:01 PM

Sundin is the answer, but it's basically out of our hands. We've done all we can so far.

HamrlikTheStud* 12-13-2008 09:03 PM

I liked what I saw from Plekanec late in the game. However the lines need stability so they can grow a chemestry. Honestly, who has played with more players than Pleks so far this year?

Monctonscout 12-13-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCH (Post 16800597)
Plekanec is not the sole problem. Everybody who had a career year last year are suckin this year, thats the problem.

Kovy gets a lot of the blame but at least he competes out there, Plekanec keeps retreating to the blueline or losing the puck each time he has it. Him and Tanguay are both playing like scared little girls.

Monctonscout 12-13-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 16800772)

Yeah, exactly what we need another Lapierre...works hard but no finish.

Chomsky 12-13-2008 10:57 PM

We could use a guy like Horton.. if we can package Plekanec with a salary dump and a pick/prospect.

goldglove 12-13-2008 11:00 PM

i would trade plekanec for joannie rochette

HamrlikTheStud* 12-13-2008 11:02 PM

I still wonder why everybody is panicking. Sure right after the loss you're right to be frustrated, but we outshot the opposition once again, we played well defensively, and many players have hit the post many times. We've been lucky at the beginning of the yer, now we are struggling and we're not as much. Good things will happen if we keep on playing like we did in the 2nd half of the game.

Just look at Pittsburgh. They're struggling much more than we do lately, and their fans are not panicking as much as we do.

Last year, at this point, Pittsburgh was not even making the playoffs.
Two years ago, Ottawa was dead last in the league in December.

Guess what they did...

LastRide 12-13-2008 11:02 PM

Maybe package him up with Lapierre, He's pretty invisible most of the time.

Corey 12-13-2008 11:05 PM

I'd trade him for draft picks only if Gainey can sign Sundin as a free agent, but that's highly unlikely. I wouldn't get rid of Lapierre. He's improved a lot and I like him as the 4th line centre.

WhiskeySeven 12-14-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastRide (Post 16803371)
Maybe package him up with Lapierre, He's pretty invisible most of the time.

Lapierre has been the hardest working player on our team the past 2 months.

And he is a homeboy.

He isn't going anywhere, I love that guy.

axman88 12-14-2008 12:11 AM

ok...i'll start it....Plekanec and latendresse for either kaberlei or bowmeester