HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Archie Zhamnov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58330)

bennysflyers16 03-04-2004 08:46 AM

Archie Zhamnov

I am from Winnipeg and use to watch Archie when he was with the jets. I forgot how smooth, cool, calm and collected he his. Is it me, or does he look awesome. Let's hope he and Amonte keep gelling together. Also, When JR returns, do we split up the Zhamnov line or the Handzuz line ? They both are looking good .

blah 03-04-2004 08:47 AM

Niether. Throw Roenick on the 3rd or 4th line.

Dr Love 03-04-2004 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
I am from Winnipeg and use to watch Archie when he was with the jets. I forgot how smooth, cool, calm and collected he his. Is it me, or does he look awesome. Let's hope he and Amonte keep gelling together. Also, When JR returns, do we split up the Zhamnov line or the Handzuz line ? They both are looking good .

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. JR's going to get limited playing time in the beginning anyway. Put him with say, Sharp and Brashear, it'll give him someone with skill to play with, and someone to open the ice up a bit for him.

Banger 03-04-2004 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. JR's going to get limited playing time in the beginning anyway. Put him with say, Sharp and Brashear, it'll give him someone with skill to play with, and someone to open the ice up a bit for him.

or maybe sharpe and Rado

Amonte - Zhammy - Gagne
Kap - Prim - Brash
Rex - Zues - Leclair
Sharpe - JR - Rado

solid lines 1 - 4.

bennysflyers16 03-04-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banger
or maybe sharpe and Rado

Amonte - Zhammy - Gagne
Kap - Prim - Brash
Rex - Zues - Leclair
Sharpe - JR - Rado

solid lines 1 - 4.

When JR is healthy, Could he play wing with Amonte & Zhamnov, the put Gagne back with Primms and Kapanen. They were the best 3rd line around.

tytech 03-04-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
When JR is healthy, Could he play wing with Amonte & Zhamnov, the put Gagne back with Primms and Kapanen. They were the best 3rd line around.

I completely agree. Roenick and Amonte have some gel and Amonte and Zham have some gel. Not sure who would be centre though?

CarlRacki 03-04-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytech
I completely agree. Roenick and Amonte have some gel and Amonte and Zham have some gel. Not sure who would be centre though?

My vote would be for Zhamnov to remain at center. He's better at getting his linemates open shots than Roenick and better defensively.
JR-Zhamnov-Amonte
LeClair-Zeus-Rex
Gagne-Primeau-Kapanen
Rado-Lapointe/Sharp-Brashear

MojoJojo 03-04-2004 11:31 AM

Keeping Gagne, Zhamnov and Amonte together makes sense mostly because Gagne is producing again. Otherwise, I would say move Zhamnov to wing and let JR center him and Amonte. Other possibility: put Recchi-JR-Amonte back together, have a line like Gagne - Zhamnov - LeClair.

Just keep Simon away from Primeau and I'll be happy.

FlyersHomer DM03 03-04-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlRacki
My vote would be for Zhamnov to remain at center. He's better at getting his linemates open shots than Roenick and better defensively.

Yeah, even at 100% Roenick is not as good of a set-up man as Zham.

It's a shame Primeau, Gagne and Recchi were never able to get together again and have the same success they had that one season. I think it was Primeau's first full season, had like 35 goals, might of gotten to 40 but was cheap shotted by chris phillips.