HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dwight Helminen was Jed Ortmeyer's former teammate (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58334)

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-04-2004 09:51 AM

Dwight Helminen was Jed Ortmeyer's former teammate

Does anyone know anything about Dwight Helminen? Anyone who had watched Ortmeyer at college, can u please give an insite on what type of player Dwight Helminen is. Thanks. Let the rebuilding continue today. :handclap:

Tjan9 03-04-2004 10:34 AM

Dwight Helminen

Dwight is a great pick up for the Rangers. I've gotten the chance to watch Dewey develop over the last three years here at Michigan and he is continually getting better every year. The only knock against him would be his size, but he's really solidly built-and has a low center of gravity- but, most of all, he is blazingly fast. He's a top line player that plays against the other teams' #1 lines and he's Michigan's best penalty killer. He's always a scoring threat while shorthanded (I think he was second in the nation with shorties last year.)
In short, he's a smart player, doesn't take many penalties (but draws a ton due to his speed), has a mean-ass, pin-point accurate wrist shot, and is a hard and tireless worker.
Great acquistion for the Rangers! :handclap:

Leetchie 03-04-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjan9
Dwight is a great pick up for the Rangers. I've gotten the chance to watch Dewey develop over the last three years here at Michigan and he is continually getting better every year. The only knock against him would be his size, but he's really solidly built-and has a low center of gravity- but, most of all, he is blazingly fast. He's a top line player that plays against the other teams' #1 lines and he's Michigan's best penalty killer. He's always a scoring threat while shorthanded (I think he was second in the nation with shorties last year.)
In short, he's a smart player, doesn't take many penalties (but draws a ton due to his speed), has a mean-ass, pin-point accurate wrist shot, and is a hard and tireless worker.
Great acquistion for the Rangers! :handclap:

Sounds like an exact replica of John Madden...

slim399 03-04-2004 01:57 PM

future third line of helminen-dom moore-ortmeyer sounds good to me

TXNYR 03-04-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie

Ha, I was going to say the same thing.

nyr5186 03-04-2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie

Lets hope you're talking about the hockey player.

Janerixon 03-04-2004 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim399
future third line of helminen-dom moore-ortmeyer sounds good to me

i dont know, i think moore has a good shot at being a 2nd line center, he has really picked up his offense in hartford and id like to see if he can step in to the 2nd line role next season

if anyone seems like they may end up as our 3rd line center it is lundmark, he has the offensive talent to be a top 6 guy, but now is his chance and if he doesnt put up some points now or in pre-season next year he could end up our 3rd line center on a line with murray-lundmark-ortmeyer

Oilers Chick 03-04-2004 06:47 PM

As I mentioned in the trade thread, he's alot like Todd Marchant. Blazing speed, excellent defensive forward and yes, he can put the puck in the net. As Tjan mentioned, the only real knock on Helminen is his size.

Edge 03-05-2004 01:22 AM

i've compared him to a todd marchant player in a doug weight build.