HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Remember October 10th? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=583356)

Canadian_Brewtality 12-14-2008 11:52 AM

Remember October 10th?

A look ahead as to why the Habs were a better team in 08-09:

-Carbo will have gained more experience. He now knows not to line juggle.
-Kovy will be even better- he is after all on a contract year.
-Laraque will bring a huge presence for our team toughness.
-Breakout year for Lats : 30 goal potential?
-Our PP will be deadly with Tanguay and Lang. 1st again?
-Breezer- our perfect 7th D
-A Kost will have another breakout year

I can go on about early season "thoughts" that habs fans had before the season started. Mainly all wrong so far.

This is NOT a panic button piece, but more of a "not everything happens as you plan it" kinda moment.

Vasculio 12-14-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 16808350)

I can go on about early season "thoughts" that habs fans had before the season started. Mainly all wrong so far.

This is NOT a panic button piece, but more of a "not everything happens as you plan it" kinda moment.

Are you sure ?

loudi94 12-14-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Interesting. None of those things have materialized and yet at this time they have more points this year than last. WOW!!

Canadian_Brewtality 12-14-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazuzu (Post 16808403)
Are you sure ?

you can look at my posts, i am not finalist.

Its just ironic that what most habs fans hoped and thought was imminent has not come into fruition yet.

Just an observation.

FerrisRox 12-14-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

A lot of these are 'wrong' because you simply made them up.

The first point you make seems to imply that "experienced" or good coaches don't line-juggle. That's asinine. All coaches line juggle if the team isn't scoring. It would be truly idiotic not to. You seem to be implying that the fact Carbo keeps juggling the lines indicates he's not behaving like an experienced coach. The team isn't scoring to it's ability and it's dealing with a slew of injuries ... how was he supposed to avoid juggling the lines?

There were a ton of posts about whether or not Kovalev could deliver a season like he did last year, but you want to pretend the general consensus was he would improve upon it? Revisionist history.

Then it just keeps getting sillier ... Please show me a post by an educated poster here that suggested Latendresse would score 30-goals? Why would anybody project that for him? He was clearly buried down them depth chart, nobody could be dumb enough to suggest the table was set for him to break out.

I could go on, but what's the point? When you actually try to pretend that Brisebois - who many will mock and criticize regardless of what he does (see last year's playoff series versus Boston for ample proof) was somehow widely regarded as "the perfect #7" defenseman, you're really going to ridiculous extremes to try and make a point ... I just don't know what the point is.

TheCH* 12-14-2008 12:53 PM

The loss of Streit has screwed us. We don't have one guy that is good at getting the puck through traffic on the net from the point. Streit opened up more room for Kovy and Markov.

Andy 12-14-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrisRox (Post 16808959)

The first point you make seems to imply that "experienced" or good coaches don't line-juggle. That's asinine. All coaches line juggle if the team isn't scoring. It would be truly idiotic not to. You seem to be implying that the fact Carbo keeps juggling the lines indicates he's not behaving like an experienced coach. The team isn't scoring to it's ability and it's dealing with a slew of injuries ... how was he supposed to avoid juggling the lines?

There were a ton of posts about whether or not Kovalev could deliver a season like he did last year, but you want to pretend the general consensus was he would improve upon it? Revisionist history.

Then it just keeps getting sillier ... Please show me a post by an educated poster here that suggested Latendresse would score 30-goals? Why would anybody project that for him? He was clearly buried down them depth chart, nobody could be dumb enough to suggest the table was set for him to break out.

I could go on, but what's the point? When you actually try to pretend that Brisebois - who many will mock and criticize regardless of what he does (see last year's playoff series versus Boston for ample proof) was somehow widely regarded as "the perfect #7" defenseman, you're really going to ridiculous extremes to try and make a point ... I just don't know what the point is.

I saw one 30 and one 25 goal season in this thread http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ght=projection

Mostly a bunch of 20 goal years, still a lot for Guillaume.

HamrlikTheStud* 12-14-2008 01:31 PM

Can we please stop the "OMGZZZ WE SUCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!111one!1!" threads?! We're 7th in the league and our power play has yet to start working. Once it wakes up we're going to be great.

We're playing better defensively than ever, once our offense wakes up it's going to be great.

Clearly, take a little walk, take a deep breath, take a coke and chill up.

Canadian_Brewtality 12-14-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrisRox (Post 16808959)

wow, relax dude, its sunday afternoon.

If you were active or reading these boards before the season started or actually spoke to fellow habs fans, the concensus was that carbo was a better coach (even though he got outcoached in the playoffs and so far this year hasnt done a great job- you can argue these points, but its my opinion), Kovy was a new man and poised to have an even better season (he has ben putting up points, but his play has clealrly diminished), that Lats would learn from his lessons and become our true Power Forward (need i go on?), that our PP would be even more dangerous despite the loss of Streit ( 28th today), and that it was time for Obyrne or someone else to play in the top 4 besides Breezer because this year he was really gonna be our 7th D (he has played more than last year and has logged 4th D minutes and more often that not has played underwhelming)

So im not sure where you think that im making up things, or my points are invalid?

I believe the point is to manage expectations because before the season the majoriy of habs fans pegged them to be first in the East, plenty of offence, great team chemistry, etc etc, and as of today these expectations are leading fans to become weary and stricken with fear.

Its kind of a tongue and cheek post.

Canadian_Brewtality 12-14-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm (Post 16809573)
Can we please stop the "OMGZZZ WE SUCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!111one!1!" threads?! We're 7th in the league and our power play has yet to start working. Once it wakes up we're going to be great.

We're playing better defensively than ever, once our offense wakes up it's going to be great.

Clearly, take a little walk, take a deep breath, take a coke and chill up.

Idiots, any time we speak and its not to your liking, it means we are saying they suck?

Where did i say this?

I was just stating that our expectations are leading the fans to be so critical and in full panic mode when they lose a few in a row.

They clearly havent played well on a regular basis all year, and its ok to care, i just think its due to the expecations most habs fans put on the team.

HabsHockey 12-14-2008 01:36 PM

Brisebois perfect 7th D :loony:

Expecting more than 70 pts from Kovalev :loony:

HamrlikTheStud* 12-14-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 16809625)
Idiots, any time we speak and its not to your liking, it means we are saying they suck?

Where did i say this?

I was just stating that our expectations are leading the fans to be so critical and in full panic mode when they lose a few in a row.

They clearly havent played well on a regular basis all year, and its ok to care, i just think its due to the expecations most habs fans put on the team.

Just take a look at the Pens forum for god sake!... or at the other forums of teams having a tough streak!

Or better again... Take a look at the Dallas Stars' forum. They're not questionning their team's potential or abilities or blaming just about any single player solely because of a rough start. Calm down and wait, there is much worst in the league right now and it's stupid to start calling for heads at this point of the season.

I guess if we win a game you're all going to jump on your roofs and scream for the Stanley Cup? Calm down for god sake.

Canadian_Brewtality 12-14-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm (Post 16809752)
Just take a look at the Pens forum for god sake!... or at the other forums of teams having a tough streak!

Or better again... Take a look at the Dallas Stars' forum. They're not questionning their team's potential or abilities or blaming just about any single player solely because of a rough start. Calm down and wait, there is much worst in the league right now and it's stupid to start calling for heads at this point of the season.

I guess if we win a game you're all going to jump on your roofs and scream for the Stanley Cup? Calm down for god sake.

ok, im just gonna close this thread because clearly so far no one understands what im saying.

So please someone close this thread, im fed up of speaking with 12 year olds who can not have independent thoughts.

marioroberge 12-14-2008 01:57 PM

You sir are way too emotional when it comes to hockey

Canadian_Brewtality 12-14-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marioroberge (Post 16809865)
You sir are way too emotional when it comes to hockey

Shouldnt you been enrolling in on-line contests?

marioroberge 12-14-2008 02:04 PM

I nominate this thread as a late entry for worst post of 2008.

Habs10Habs 12-14-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 16809840)
ok, im just gonna close this thread because clearly so far no one understands what im saying.

So please someone close this thread, im fed up of speaking with 12 year olds who can not have independent thoughts.

Done.