HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Valentenko's BLOG (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=584194)

FeedDaPuck 12-16-2008 06:39 PM

Valentenko's BLOG

In light of all the injuries that you guys have been going through. Do you think Valentenko would have been called up?

BTW - he has a blog - it is kind of ironic http://www.icedaily.com/action/blogs?date=1222837243000

hototogisu 12-16-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

At the current time - doing everything, to get the call up to Canadiens - and into my favorite city in Canada - Montreal!
I know it was written two months ago but still - wtf man.

I'm not sure if he would have been called up. We still haven't called up any extra defensemen since we have/had Dandenault back on D and O'Byrne as a spare.

hototogisu 12-16-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 16840509)
F him. He's gone...

Would you have said the same about Semin when he went back to Russia a few years ago?

He didn't sign a lifetime contract in Russia.

FeedDaPuck 12-16-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 16840642)
Would you have said the same about Semin when he went back to Russia a few years ago?

Hmmm. The reason I am asking is because I am pretty sure he will be back this summer... If not earlier! ;)

Belso 12-16-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 16840642)

If a player whats to play else where, let em. I'll prefer players who's parents don't decide their future for them...

Oh and ya. If Semin or any other player (even Emery) wants to play elsewhere, Let em all go. If they want to stay good.. But I don't see the point in crying over a player who's intentions are not to play in Montreal. I don't care why. Same goes for Sundin, Hossa, Shanahan, Etc. I don't see the point in caring anymore. I've done so for too many years..

JHabs 12-16-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 16841486)

If a player whats to play else where, let em. I'll prefer players who's parents don't decide their future for them...

Oh and ya. If Semin or any other player (even Emery) wants to play elsewhere, Let em all go. If they want to stay good.. But I don't see the point in crying over a player who's intentions are not to play in Montreal. I don't care why. Same goes for Sundin, Hossa, Shanahan, Etc. I don't see the point in caring anymore. I've done so for too many years..

If the situation was different i'd agree with you, but he went back to support his family seeing as how he is the sole source of income. Its very difficult to support 6-7 people with a AHL salary. Hence why he went to Russia. So yeah, I disagree.

Habs4Life 12-16-2008 08:00 PM

It's the habs fault that he left. They could have been considerate and offered him a little bit more money to stick around since he was one of our best prospects.

wedge 12-16-2008 08:04 PM

with the way O'Byrne has been playing this year, I think Valentenko would be our 6th-7th defenseman.

wedge 12-16-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life (Post 16842845)
It's the habs fault that he left. They could have been considerate and offered him a little bit more money to stick around since he was one of our best prospects.

he already had a contract. they couldn't negociate it again.

Belso 12-16-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarfangor (Post 16842106)
If the situation was different i'd agree with you, but he went back to support his family seeing as how he is the sole source of income. Its very difficult to support 6-7 people with a AHL salary. Hence why he went to Russia. So yeah, I disagree.

I didn't say to burn him on a cross. I actually feel bad for the kid for not fulfilling the dream that his dad took away from him.. You are all taking what I wrote way to personally. I didn't say he sucked or was a jerk or deserved to die. I just said f-him as in who cares anymore about players who don't intend on playing here. Will Perezhogin come back? Will Tarasov come back? My opinion was just to say, forget them and move on. So I wrote F him. Now move on to the next post. But apparently I deserved being insulted for my opinion.

But now that you bring it up, His dad was pretty greedy. How fair is it to "control" your 18 year old kid to support the family his father and mother chose to have. If you don't make much money, don't have 4 - 5 kids. Second, if they were getting by, his AHL Salary was more then enough to live off for another season or so until he starts making millions in the NHL. According to TSN we was making about $150,000. How did they get by before he was earning $150K anyways?

But you are right. His dad and mom can finally afford that bread and cheese to feed their family now that he is making real money instead of that chump change. I'm sure they aren't asking for too much and letting him enjoy some of that money HE earned. Like I said before, I feel for the poor kid, but if his dad controls him so he can make money to "Pay for the family who need a good lawyer's salary to get by", he won't come back..

Belso 12-16-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarfangor (Post 16842106)

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Try it. $150,000 CDA. See where he stood on a global scale..

FeedDaPuck 12-16-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 16843286)
I didn't say to burn him on a cross. I actually feel bad for the kid for not fulfilling the dream that his dad took away from him.. You are all taking what I wrote way to personally. I didn't say he sucked or was a jerk or deserved to die. I just said f-him as in who cares anymore about players who don't intend on playing here. Will Perezhogin come back? Will Tarasov come back? My opinion was just to say, forget them and move on. So I wrote F him. Now move on to the next post. But apparently I deserved being insulted for my opinion.

But now that you bring it up, His dad was pretty greedy. How fair is it to "control" your 18 year old kid to support the family his father and mother chose to have. If you don't make much money, don't have 4 - 5 kids. Second, if they were getting by, his AHL Salary was more then enough to live off for another season or so until he starts making millions in the NHL. According to TSN we was making about $150,000. How did they get by before he was earning $150K anyways?

But you are right. His dad and mom can finally afford that bread and cheese to feed their family now that he is making real money instead of that chump change. I'm sure they aren't asking for too much and letting him enjoy some of that money HE earned. Like I said before, I feel for the poor kid, but if his dad controls him so he can make money to "Pay for the family who need a good lawyer's salary to get by", he won't come back..

Valentenko's blog comes in handy: "...I have a little brother, who is 17 years old. A typical family consisting of 4 people..". So no, its not 4 or 5 kids...

His salary would have went up to $550,000, I think. BEFORE taxes...

Lets not forget - he is a professional player who hangs out with the other pros... His friends buy their parents nice cars, houses and whatever... He could not. Did he take a step back on his NHL dream? Yes... Is he getting paid like a dream - yes. May be its not all that bad... Did he stiff Canadiens? Prolly. Did they stiff him? Debatable... If he was a higher draft pick - he would probably be playing by now...

I wish I could post questions for him... For some reason www.icedaily.com does not have it.

Lord Horse 12-16-2008 10:40 PM

I don't want, no care for ever welcoming back, players who have left the org. Andre Benoit, bit of a different situation maybe, maybe not; however Valentenko, Perezhogin, etc. - there's just no need to keep up with these guys. We draft well, they'll be replaced.

No disrespect meant to these guys at all, you do what you think is right, but if you're gonna be a Montreal Canadien, work toward that and be one, or don't.

Slick Nick 12-16-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwoar (Post 16847612)
I don't want, no care for ever welcoming back, players who have left the org. Andre Benoit, bit of a different situation maybe, maybe not; however Valentenko, Perezhogin, etc. - there's just no need to keep up with these guys. We draft well, they'll be replaced.

No disrespect meant to these guys at all, you do what you think is right, but if you're gonna be a Montreal Canadien, work toward that and be one, or don't.

The organisation should have treated both players with more jugement. Perezhogin's talent was spoiled playing with Bonky Bonk and Johnson.. and Valentenko was put in a situation where he felt himself as the 10th or 11th D in the depth chart... both saw no future in the NHL and left for home and 10 times more money. I wouldn't call them quitters.

I personnally was really surprised to see Valentenko get only 1 (was it 2) pre-season games, while our jr prospects got to play most of them. It was really stupid on behalf of the coaching team. I would bet anything that if Pavel had played 5 or 6 pre-season games he would have never left for Russia.

Belso 12-16-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck (Post 16846909)
Valentenko's blog comes in handy: "...I have a little brother, who is 17 years old. A typical family consisting of 4 people..". So no, its not 4 or 5 kids...

His salary would have went up to $550,000, I think. BEFORE taxes...

Lets not forget - he is a professional player who hangs out with the other pros... His friends buy their parents nice cars, houses and whatever... He could not. Did he take a step back on his NHL dream? Yes... Is he getting paid like a dream - yes. May be its not all that bad... Did he stiff Canadiens? Prolly. Did they stiff him? Debatable... If he was a higher draft pick - he would probably be playing by now...

I wish I could post questions for him... For some reason www.icedaily.com does not have it.

I'm not the one who came up with 4 or 5 kids. I was just making a statement that the Parent's are responsible for their children and not the other way around... It's not fair for parents to ask their rich kids to become more rich for them and to put so much pressure on them to be the providers. And yes, he is a Pro player, but so was everyone on his team in Hamilton and some of them were not earning as much money as him and will never even play in the NHL and he's only 21 and the money and cars and houses would have came with time...

Again, I'm defending him.

I'll say this one last time as clearly as I can so there will be no more confusion:

I would have liked to have Pavel on the Habs team because he showed a lot of good things, but he returned to Russia to find that his dad arranged a contract with a KHL team behind his back and the poor kid was forced to do what his dad told him. Now I don't see why things would change anytime soon with all this new and enormous amount of money being distributed into his family, including his 17 year old bother, and I think that the only wise thing is to forget about this draft pick for now and focus our hopes on other players in the Habs farm team who show promise until any new information comes out of the Valentenko clan.

I do not see any reason why anyone here thinks the Habs were not fair towards him. The Habs are deep in prospects and Pavel would have had his chance by the way Trevor talked about him. Who knows if he would have been called up with the injuries and O'Byrne's game as of late. but we can not know because Pavel is gone and we must turn the page to the other prospects...

Now that's the last time I try a quick answer on here because some of you are way too sensitive...

Hannibal 12-17-2008 09:57 AM

Don't worry guys, i'm pretty sure that him and Emelin will be with us this summer. ;)

Lord Horse 12-17-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Nick (Post 16848977)
The organisation should have treated both players with more jugement. Perezhogin's talent was spoiled playing with Bonky Bonk and Johnson.. and Valentenko was put in a situation where he felt himself as the 10th or 11th D in the depth chart... both saw no future in the NHL and left for home and 10 times more money. I wouldn't call them quitters.

I personnally was really surprised to see Valentenko get only 1 (was it 2) pre-season games, while our jr prospects got to play most of them. It was really stupid on behalf of the coaching team. I would bet anything that if Pavel had played 5 or 6 pre-season games he would have never left for Russia.

See, I didn't call them quitters or any other name.

You may speculate about them. But even if you are right, which is certainly debatable, I don't consider any player a loss who would prefer to play hockey in any other city. I don't grudge a person their choices, but I really only want players who are rabid to play in front of the most hated fans in hockey, in the loudest building in hockey, in the craziest hockey-mad place in the world.

Any hockey player can play where their heart takes them, that's cool with me. I want *only* players who dream of going to the Bell Centre to play their hearts out, every night. Are there 40 such in the world with the talent to compete in the NHL? I hope so.... because I won't cheer for anyone else. No half-committed, it's-only-a-job types. They can be Sid the Kid or Jagr or Bourque or #99 or whoever, I don't care.... they really do need to want to be Montreal Canadiens. The kind of players that say, "if I'm gonna play this game, I'm gonna play for the Habs, because I *want* to!"

It's a business. Yep. And it's a job, no question. But suiting up for the biggest crowds, under the brightest lights, the endless scrutiny, the very most idiotic and intelligent HF ephemera, under the most banners and for the most people who plan their lives around this game is a *huge honour* - if money is more important than taking part in this 100-year-old tradition, then probably you're not right for wearing the CH.

The ability to put team first is something embodied in this idea, and it would really show on the ice if we evaluated that part of a player, in parallel with talent level.

montreal 12-17-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck (Post 16840314)
In light of all the injuries that you guys have been going through. Do you think Valentenko would have been called up?

BTW - he has a blog - it is kind of ironic http://www.icedaily.com/action/blogs?date=1222837243000

No, he's a LD and our injuries on defense had only been to RD's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck (Post 16840970)
Hmmm. The reason I am asking is because I am pretty sure he will be back this summer... If not earlier! ;)

What makes you say this? I highly doubt we see Valentenko this summer and from what I've heard I'd be surprised if he ever comes back to the Habs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life (Post 16842845)

Sorry but this is just nonsense, you can't do that so you can't blame the Habs for not doing something they can't do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwoar (Post 16847612)

That's fair. I personally don't agree with that, I don't blame Perezhogin for leaving as a free agent, going from the 600K or so he'd make here to signing a 3.4M contract for 2 years. Seems like a no brainer to me. Valentenko on the other hand, I don't like this move, to leave when you have a contract is not right. I did't like to see Russian players break their contracts in the RSL or KHL, to me if you have a contract you honor it or work on terms with the counterparty to break the contract that both sides can agree on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Nick (Post 16848977)

Way to pull that one out of your ass Nick. Do you know the real details about Valentenko, I'm guessing you don't.

FeedDaPuck 12-17-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 16850438)
No, he's a LD and our injuries on defense had only been to RD's.

He can play both

What makes you say this? I highly doubt we see Valentenko this summer and from what I've heard I'd be surprised if he ever comes back to the Habs.

He is not being played in Russia - scratched in the last 4. As I suspected his style is not for KHL. Plus, I don't think that Gainey was all that upset with him leaving - he understood and would take him back

Sorry but this is just nonsense, you can't do that so you can't blame the Habs for not doing something they can't do.

agreed

That's fair. I personally don't agree with that, I don't blame Perezhogin for leaving as a free agent, going from the 600K or so he'd make here to signing a 3.4M contract for 2 years. Seems like a no brainer to me. Valentenko on the other hand, I don't like this move, to leave when you have a contract is not right. I did't like to see Russian players break their contracts in the RSL or KHL, to me if you have a contract you honor it or work on terms with the counterparty to break the contract that both sides can agree on.

100% agreed. On the other hand, if someone oferred me 10 times more money, at 20 - I would split... Especially from MTL (Let's go Flyers! ;) )

Way to pull that one out of your ass Nick. Do you know the real details about Valentenko, I'm guessing you don't.

I think what he is trying to say - he could have been used more, thus showing (to him) that the organization did have a strong interest in him

Answers are in bold

montreal 12-17-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck (Post 16851154)
Answers are in bold

He can play both

I've seen most of his games in the AHL and he was always a LD so I don't think they would play him at RD in the NHL over one of our RD prospects imo.

Plus, I don't think that Gainey was all that upset with him leaving - he understood and would take him back

I don't agree

I think what he is trying to say - he could have been used more, thus showing (to him) that the organization did have a strong interest in him

Problem was, Valentenko looked bad in the preseason, so he didn't deserve more ice time.

Team_Spirit 12-17-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 16843286)

Like I said before, I feel for the poor kid, but if his dad controls him so he can make money to "Pay for the family who need a good lawyer's salary to get by", he won't come back..

If you wait to be secure financially to have kids then you will most likely never get any..unless you make really big bucks early in your life wich is highly unlikely.

And you don't know what's going on with his familly, Russia is not like Quebec paying everything for it's citizens. If you are sick you pay if you lose your job you get nothing...if you don't work you only get food coupons i think. It's very different.

In life you only got your familly and Valentenko clearly understand that.

FeedDaPuck 12-18-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 16852223)
He can play both

I've seen most of his games in the AHL and he was always a LD so I don't think they would play him at RD in the NHL over one of our RD prospects imo.

Plus, I don't think that Gainey was all that upset with him leaving - he understood and would take him back

I don't agree That info comes from a very reliable source

Problem was, Valentenko looked bad in the preseason, so he didn't deserve more ice time.

Which preseason games did you watch???

From my sources - and you can count this as a rumour he will be back around January 15th...

montreal 12-18-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck (Post 16873783)
From my sources - and you can count this as a rumour he will be back around January 15th...

Well I can check into that, if true great.

FeedDaPuck 12-19-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 16873935)
Well I can check into that, if true great.

Any progress with fact checking? ;)

montreal 12-20-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck (Post 16895741)
Any progress with fact checking? ;)

I talked to my source and he hadn't heard this but said he would ask Timmins and get back to me.