HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Time to cut the BS-This Team is in Trouble! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=584265)

sampollock 12-16-2008 08:43 PM

Time to cut the BS-This Team is in Trouble!

One can rant and rave about how , give this team time and so on....

But I will state 1st I am not giving up on the team, just wanting something to be done.

Bob must address the fans...

It still shows we are not in the same league as DET or PHIL, besides others.....

Mtl has the young AVG players, but no big studs....

What does BOB do?

This team can't keep drifting along, with no slight of change, or even one! line that comes up every night, and gives the team a chance....

Not to have a couple consistant lines , is sad.

NOt starting this to create a war, just lighting the red light , as this is a big problem.

HotPie 12-16-2008 08:44 PM

Have you looked at our injuries?

sampollock 12-16-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotPie (Post 16844493)
Have you looked at our injuries?

Does and will not change our scoring that much...

plus we had all these guys, until the last week...

Fire Brunet* 12-16-2008 08:46 PM

http://healthhabits.files.wordpress....ainobvious.jpg

Canadian_Brewtality 12-16-2008 08:46 PM

im wating for some to come in here and say :

OMG!!! LOLZZZZZ!!! WE SUCK!!

and then rant that we have more points than last year

Iwishihadacup 12-16-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampollock (Post 16844551)

have you looked the time we were 5 on 5 tonight?

hototogisu 12-16-2008 08:48 PM

Seriously - don't start this thread after that gong show we just played tonight. It just makes you look like you don't watch the games.

The 80's Oilers would've been in tough with the reffing we were up against tonight.

sampollock 12-16-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16844589)
have you looked the time we were 5 on 5 tonight?

hard to (LOL) with the 1000 pp the canes had, but yes

sloppy passes, standing still, losing the puck at there blue line at least 100 times.

and #71 still can't clear the zone,

and obryne is terrible.

HotPie 12-16-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampollock (Post 16844551)

I think missing your captain and best forward so far this season, one of your top 3 on D, a top 6 forward who provides two-way play, a guy who can play D at least better than O'Byrne (and is a serviceable 4th line forward to boot), and your number 1 goalie makes a pretty big difference.

Yeah there are some concerns, but they're mainly concerning our PP.

sampollock 12-16-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 16844630)
Seriously - don't start this thread after that gong show we just played tonight. It just makes you look like you don't watch the games.

The 80's Oilers would've been in tough with the reffing we were up against tonight.

come on, this team has played bad for a while, the ref's ya, way over done,

watch the game on against the flyers on thurs, it will hurt, i hope i am wrong.:nod:

HamrlikTheStud* 12-16-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotPie (Post 16844647)
I think missing your captain and best forward so far this season, one of your top 3 on D, a top 6 forward who provides two-way play, a guy who can play D at least better than O'Byrne (and is a serviceable 4th line forward to boot), and your number 1 goalie makes a pretty big difference.

sums up my thoughts, exactly.

Canadian_Brewtality 12-16-2008 08:50 PM

Does anyone know that we have more points than last year?
forget that our scoring is anemic and our PP stinks and the bruns are 9 points aheadm the important thing is :

a) we have POTENTIAL
b) we have more points than last year

NewHabsEra* 12-16-2008 08:50 PM

not the time to panic at all.. If Koivu was out for a long time I would be worried but its not the case.. Hope Chipchura is ready to return soon cause Maxwell is clearly not NHL caliber at the moment..

Jack Bourdain 12-16-2008 08:50 PM

Wait till we have our real team before making this thread, just clueless at this point.

sampollock 12-16-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotPie (Post 16844647)

ya you have solid points,

but this team is weak down the middle, and needs BO from fla, bad.

Habs 12-16-2008 08:51 PM

OMG I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR!
/
http://olzt0g.bay.livefilestore.com/...o/rahr_yes.gif

Nashy 12-16-2008 08:51 PM

I agree with others, can't use this game as a measuring stick, it was an abomination.

Let's see how they play against Philly Thursday, that'll be a better benchmark.

hototogisu 12-16-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampollock (Post 16844685)
come on, this team has played bad for a while, the ref's ya, way over done,

watch the game on against the flyers on thurs, it will hurt, i hope i am wrong.:nod:

We haven't played well consistently all season but I don't really care about that. After our dream season last year, people had unrealistic expectations for us this year.

As long as we make it to the playoffs, I'm happy. I'd rather us play poorly now and work out all the kinks in time for the post-season than to fall apart when we're in the post-season (like last year).

Iwishihadacup 12-16-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampollock (Post 16844635)
hard to (LOL) with the 1000 pp the canes had, but yes

sloppy passes, standing still, losing the puck at there blue line at least 100 times.

and #71 still can't clear the zone,

and obryne is terrible.

he was ok tonight

you should give him credit... Kovalev has made more turnovers than McDonald's sells in a week

Westcoasthabsfan 12-16-2008 08:52 PM

100th year is going into the toilet

For a year that was supposed to be a fun one is turning into a nightmare.... This team is so inconsistent its not funny..... no heart with the exception of the fourth line and they can only play so much.... this team needs a huge shakeup..... they have no lost 4 out of 5 and it doesnt look like its going to get any better any time soon..... Time for Gainey to get the heck off his butt and do something anything....Four goals in three games isnt doing the job either

sampollock 12-16-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashy (Post 16844748)
I agree with others, can't use this game as a measuring stick, it was an abomination.

Let's see how they play against Philly Thursday, that'll be a better benchmark.

you are right, but still you must admit, the players that are out there, are not giving a full work ethic, and that shows alot.

Iwishihadacup 12-16-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampollock (Post 16844796)
you are right, but still you must admit, the players that are out there, are not giving a full work ethic, and that shows alot.

Komi will be back thursday

you'll see

sampollock 12-16-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16844755)
he was ok tonight

you should give him credit... Kovalev has made more turnovers than McDonald's sells in a week

lol

ya, good one

i think #71 and #27 had a bet, you can frick up the most,

i lost count.

HamrlikTheStud* 12-16-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 16844697)
Does anyone know that we have more points than last year?
forget that our scoring is anemic and our PP stinks and the bruns are 9 points aheadm the important thing is :

a) we have POTENTIAL
b) we have more points than last year

Of course you're soooooooooooooooooooooooo clever to repeat it again and again, and try to make a point where there actually isn't...

Get a clue. We're struggling, we're in a losing streak after a great winning streak that somehow everybody seems to have forgotten, but of course you seem much more clever than everybody because YOU'RE PANICKING ZOMG!!!!!111!!1

Take your chill pills, seriously. This is freakin hockey, and this is a freakin sport. There are highs and lows in a season, like it or not.

What the hell did you expect anyway? To win every single game this year?!

We have a good team, but there are many good teams in this league and sometimes things just are not rolling. But of course it's way more clever to run into circles and scream that it's time to panic...

hototogisu 12-16-2008 08:55 PM

Jesus Christ...so much drama. Nobody will care how we did as of December 16 2008 if we win the Stanley Cup which, I'll remind you, is still very much a possibility as long as we make it to the post-season.

Why do people care about dominating now? What, are we trying to win the President's Trophy? Are people upset that the Bruins are ahead of us? What is it? Like I said in the other topic, our play hasn't been very inspiring all year, but let's at least wait until the season is over before declaring it a "nightmare". There's still 50 games left to play.