HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rumor: Barnaby to the Avs? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58433)

Bluenote13 03-04-2004 02:11 PM

Rumor: Barnaby to the Avs?

Kypreos was quoted as saying its a done deal. Sorry i have no link yet.

Ocelot 03-04-2004 02:26 PM

Hmm I hope not. He fits well with the team on the third line. But if we are gonig to be moving more i hope we got something good for me.

Fire Sather 03-04-2004 02:56 PM

Keep Barnaby here. Simon too.

I see no reason to deal them if we get something like a 6th rounder back.

Barnaby 03-04-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather

Me neither, but if we can package them in a bigger deal, or even get a 3rd then why not? They're UFA's after this season anyway.

Underwhelmed_NYC 03-04-2004 03:23 PM

lol i just got my barnaby vintage on monday... after returning my kovy jersey mwahaha
:)

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-04-2004 03:27 PM

I would love to find a way to get Boychuk from Colorado.

LondonFan 03-04-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather

On the other hand, I see no reason to KEEP them. This season is over, heck we might as well lose every game from here on in.

Janerixon 03-04-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonFan
On the other hand, I see no reason to KEEP them. This season is over, heck we might as well lose every game from here on in.

london
i want them here because we still play filthy and just for the fact that purinton and lacouture cant fight everyone or everygame, especially with young kids up here, we need enforcers just to make sure, i dont want a kid getting his head taken off for making a rookie mistake or i dont want any of our kids hurt for not taking any *****... i cna live w/out barnaby but simon is an enforcer and he can score, he stays unless the deal is that good

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-04-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
london
i want them here because we still play filthy and just for the fact that purinton and lacouture cant fight everyone or everygame, especially with young kids up here, we need enforcers just to make sure, i dont want a kid getting his head taken off for making a rookie mistake or i dont want any of our kids hurt for not taking any *****... i cna live w/out barnaby but simon is an enforcer and he can score, he stays unless the deal is that good

Trade 'em and sign 'em back this summer.

Fish 03-04-2004 05:32 PM

Send them off for whatever you can get...bring MacDonald, Murray etc up if you're worried about keeping others honest...

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-04-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish
Send them off for whatever you can get...bring MacDonald, Murray etc up if you're worried about keeping others honest...

how about Cody McCormick and Steve Moore to Rangers for Barnaby??

Janerixon 03-04-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

yeah macdonald and murray are going to keep players honest! come on fish u know better than that. i think its fine to trade barnaby as long as there is a good return id love to re-sign him over the summer, id trade purinton if the right deal came along and this is where he wants to be, but simon... he is what we wanted from Mccarthy for the last 2 years, simon is a legit heavyweight not afraid to fight and he can actually play hockey and score... i keep him unless its that good of a deal, and we will re-sign him

Fish 03-04-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

yeah macdonald and murray are going to keep players honest! come on fish u know better than that. i think its fine to trade barnaby as long as there is a good return id love to re-sign him over the summer, id trade purinton if the right deal came along and this is where he wants to be, but simon... he is what we wanted from Mccarthy for the last 2 years, simon is a legit heavyweight not afraid to fight and he can actually play hockey and score... i keep him unless its that good of a deal, and we will re-sign him

I think enforcement is overrated, so I don't have a problem with just relying on those guys plus Purinton with the odd addition from guys like de Vries...not worth keeping these guys round at any rate, as much as I think they've played over and above what was expected of them.

It's all about the future...

Potter 03-04-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

barnaby should be able to fetch similar but a little less to what buff. got for varada. barnaby for a 3rd, or barnaby for mccormick/moore is a done deal IMO.

kazo 03-05-2004 10:04 AM

Quote:

I think enforcement is overrated, so I don't have a problem with just relying on those guys plus Purinton with the odd addition from guys like de Vries...not worth keeping these guys round at any rate, as much as I think they've played over and above what was expected of them.

It's all about the future...

Overrated? Did you happen to notice how many times Ranger goalies have been run over in the past two weeks? And have you ever noticed how teams are akways looking to trade for added toughness this time of year?

Anyone who thinks enforcement is overrated won't be winning many games.