HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   2004 draft eligible prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58442)

theo6060 03-04-2004 01:37 PM

2004 draft eligible prospect

I just thought you guys might like to read this. I interviewed Tyler Haskins a few nights ago. He's the 2nd line center for the Toronto St. Michael's Majors (behind Ducks prospect Tim Brent). He's great on faceoffs and an exceptionally talented defensive centerman. Here's the article:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

ceber 03-04-2004 06:09 PM

Took me all day, but I finally got it to load. Nice interview. Any idea where he's projected to go in the draft, if he goes?

theo6060 03-04-2004 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
Took me all day, but I finally got it to load. Nice interview. Any idea where he's projected to go in the draft, if he goes?

Yeah the site's been kinda funny today for some reason. He's definitely not a first round pick, but I think he might go 3rd or 4th round range. I said it before, but he's very very good on faceoffs, especially tying his man up on the draw. He's got good offensive tools when he gets the chance, but his defense is by far the best thing he brings. I see him being a good two way 3rd liner. If he can work on getting bigger like he said, then that will really help his game a lot.

theo6060 03-05-2004 12:05 AM

Here's another prospect I interviewed, the goalie of the Majors. Take a look at the second last question, I'm sure you'll all like to see the answer! ;)

glenjackson 03-05-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
Here's another prospect I interviewed, the goalie of the Majors. Take a look at the second last question, I'm sure you'll all like to see the answer! ;)

Those were great, thanks. I'm going to be seeing that Ice Dogs vs Majors game tonight, so hopefully O'Sullivan lives up to that statement from Peters once again!

theo6060 03-06-2004 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenjackson
Those were great, thanks. I'm going to be seeing that Ice Dogs vs Majors game tonight, so hopefully O'Sullivan lives up to that statement from Peters once again!

And poof, the goalie wins! I worked hard to get that article up in time for the game tonight so that it would still be current. I see Sully was a -1 with no points, how did he look?

glenjackson 03-06-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
And poof, the goalie wins! I worked hard to get that article up in time for the game tonight so that it would still be current. I see Sully was a -1 with no points, how did he look?

I don't want to upset meputpuckinnet, but he looked to be sulking for the first two periods. Not sure if it was ice time or just frustrated with his play, or maybe linemates. I was right behind the bench and it was definitely sulking for some reason or another. Ice DogsFans around me were joking about how much of a suck he is (they were wearing leather Ice Dogs jackets, so they must be fans...right ;)

Still, he did play alright through those first two and had a few shots on goal and almost scored, and almost setup a goal or two. He had a 2 on 1 where he held the puck and the defenseman only worked on taking the pass away, and Peters seemed to be favouring the pass as well, but O'Sullivan still passed and the play got broken up. It almost seemed like he decided he would work on passing for the game rather than shoot away.

In the third he played much better. I've seen him play in 6 or 7 games this year and he really seems to be a third period performer first and foremost (plus, his WJC magic was in the third). Not sure if it's been for only the games I've seen him in, but it seems like maybe he has the mindset that he likes to be the hero of the game or something. I think he can be a great player in the NHL, but it seems like he is not yet mature enough for it (just my opinion).

Peters played a great game, for what it's worth.

MePutPuckInNet 03-07-2004 01:07 AM

Hey, I saw that....

Ok, well...I'm an ass, and I'd like to apologize for my previous rudeness. [although it pains me to say so...]. :o
Re: O'Sullivan
It's not easy to see someone get trashed constantly, when you know he doesn't deserve it. [Or at least not most of it]. I'm curious what 6 or 7 games you've seen this season...because he's not just a third period performer. He's been bored for a while though, and unfortunately it's starting to really show in his game. Occasionally it seems that he'll be cruising along just fine and then all of a sudden completely tune out for no apparent reason [I've been saying he needs to seriously get evaluated for ADHD and get himself properly medicated...it's done wonders for me (If you think I'm an ass now, you should have seen me BEFORE)]. There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes with his team, and there's also been some personal stuff going on again, so that's not helping his attitude or his play....which I agree has been kind of shoddy for the past month or so. I'm not trying to make excuses, well, not really,,,maybe sort of...but, I think it's more difficult than most people imagine - being the goal scoring hockey guru that he is - it's impossible for anyone to live up to all the expectations people seem to have...and, whatever anyone expects of him, he expects more. It ain't all glamour, kids. ;)

glenjackson 03-11-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
It's not easy to see someone get trashed constantly, when you know he doesn't deserve it. [Or at least not most of it]. I'm curious what 6 or 7 games you've seen this season...because he's not just a third period performer.

Hey, I'd have to check out the schedule. But three of those games have been in the last month, so maybe the impression has become stronger lately for the reasons you were saying. You sound like an insider. Anything you can share about what is going on with the team behind the scenes?