HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: A few Ottawa players (If we are sellers come trade deadline time) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=584596)

BigEyedPhish 12-17-2008 07:37 PM

A few Ottawa players (If we are sellers come trade deadline time)

Ottawa is going on a 10 game road trip out West and if things do not go will out there (the team is 3-7-? on the road) many of us on the Sens forums think this season will be lost and think a quick rebuild will be in order as we already have a good core of players, just not many players to support them.

Players who may likely be dealt at the deadline:

Filip Kuba (Would be a rental, unless you re-sign him)
Antoine Vermette
Chris Kelly
Chris Neil

Possibly Spezza (Only if the right deal comes around and involves a #1 center coming back to Ottawa, do not even propose anything unless this is the case because then Ottawa will be stuck with Fisher and Vermette as our #1 and #2 center's which is NOT going to happen.)

BigCanadian 12-17-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammitch (Post 16859044)
Possibly Spezza (Only if the right deal comes around and involves a #1 center coming back to Ottawa, do not even propose anything unless this is the case because then Ottawa will be stuck with Fisher and Vermette as our #1 and #2 center's which is NOT going to happen.)

Well, technically, if we draft Tavares, we will have a #1 centre in the system... ;)

Bruwinz37 12-17-2008 08:07 PM

If?

I think it is clear that either a coaching move or a dismantling of the roster needs to take place.

Wouldnt mind Kuba, but only for a pick.

Kamina 12-17-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCanadian (Post 16859436)
Well, technically, if we draft Tavares, we will have a #1 centre in the system... ;)

True enough, but all of us know we can be contenders again with a good deal. There's no need to go that far. ;)

SammyTheBull 12-17-2008 08:10 PM

Fisher is the most obvious choice but who would be willing to take on that contract?

$4.2m NTC :shakehead

CupWanted 12-17-2008 08:18 PM

I could see Buffalo being interested in Vermette.
Afinogenov+High pick/prospect?

New Sabres Captain 12-17-2008 08:22 PM

If that's the requirement for Spezza, he isn't going anywhere.

No team that's buying at the deadline would part with their #1 center and ruin their team chemistry. And teams that are selling, well, they're more likely to use their assets to stock up and picks/prospects, rather than put together a package for Spezza.

officeglen 12-17-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammitch (Post 16859044)
Ottawa is going on a 10 game road trip out West ...

the team is not going on a "10 game road trip out West" - after Sat's home game, they play away against PHI, back home for the 25th, then 3 games out West (CGY, VAN, EDM), then Happy New Beer at home (no games with World Juniors in Ottawa), then away at TOR, NJ, BOS, BUF.

To those interested in Sens players: If the Sens are sellers, they will want picks, and/or decent prospects. Don't waste your time offering high salaried players, unless the deal moves salary back to your team.

KRM 12-17-2008 08:51 PM

Alfredsson would look good on a line with Sundin and Kovalchuk.

:sarcasm:

danishh 12-17-2008 09:01 PM

basically, i'd like to see Kuba go for another late first (or a 2nd and a good prospect), Vermette can go for whatever he fetches, as long as its not someone who is UFA within 2 years and makes less money than him. Kelly can go for whatever anyone wants to give up for him, but should probably fetch a roster player because he is signed for 3 more years.

I dont think its that inconcievable that if this road trip goes very bad, the team writes off the season. I know its bad, but i kinda hope Spezza pulls his groin again at the end of the trip if it goes bad, because that makes the decision soo much clearer for Murray.

Yzerplan 12-17-2008 09:03 PM

Kuba for a 1st or 2nd? sorry, but that just made me lol.

Jonas1235 12-17-2008 09:14 PM

There's only one player that is off limits and that's Alfredsson, maybe Volchenkov. This team needs to rebuild. The fans hate this team, they aren't even selling out games anymore. Stock pile draft picks, get a blue-chip goaltending prospect. Sign some free-agents and get the ship back on course.

BigEyedPhish 12-17-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas1235 (Post 16861372)
There's only one player that is off limits and that's Alfredsson, maybe Volchenkov. This team needs to rebuild. The fans hate this team, they aren't even selling out games anymore. Stock pile draft picks, get a blue-chip goaltending prospect. Sign some free-agents and get the ship back on course.

I really do not get where people say Ottawa needs to rebuild.. They have a top 10 center, 2 top 15 wingers, and good prospects coming up through the system.

The only thing that needs to be rebuilt is our defense.. and our 2nd line..

matt trick 12-17-2008 09:57 PM

Cheechoo for Vermette

officeglen 12-17-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupWanted (Post 16859958)
I could see Buffalo being interested in Vermette.
Afinogenov+High pick/prospect?

I could see Ottawa not being interested in Afinogenov, even though tonite's 11:06 ice time, 0 goals, 0 assists, and -2 might be a good fit in zero-means-zero ville.

Asquaredx2 12-17-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman (Post 16861143)

Yeah, so did Rivet for Gorges and a 1st. But Kuba's numbers and level of play has spoken for itself so far this year, and at $3 million in salary he's a rental you don't need to make much room for.

HSF 12-17-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

top 4, puck moving defender, who is a UFA and has not disappointed

you better bet we can get a 1st rounder ,the teams that are left behind in the Bouw/Kaberle saga will get desperate ie. Boston Montreal and like every other team.

hell Rivet got a 1st rounder before

SpezDispenser 12-17-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt trick (Post 16862115)
Cheechoo for Vermette

Deal.

Kamina 12-17-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt trick (Post 16862115)
Cheechoo for Vermette

done. immediately.

SpezDispenser 12-17-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Why is that...he`s on a team that can`t score and he is clicking at a 55+ point pace.

iPunch 12-17-2008 10:36 PM

Didnt Melnyk say he expected the Sens to be a top four team in the division by next year?

Wouldnt that mean they are going to be buyers?

The Mars Volchenkov 12-17-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Wasn't as funny as Tampa fans description of Kuba before the year. Couldn't have been more wrong.

heatley_fan* 12-17-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guys (Post 16862893)
Didnt Melnyk say he expected the Sens to be a top four team in the division by next year?

Wouldnt that mean they are going to be buyers?

Melnyk has lost it, he said he expects the team to be top 4 in the conference THIS year. Murray has been brainwashing him.

officeglen 12-17-2008 10:46 PM

If the Sens are sellers the following will be available for the right price and arrangement:

Auld, Alex G
Bell, Brendan D
Donovan, Shean RW
Fisher, Mike C
Gerber, Martin G
Kelly, Chris C
Kuba, Filip D
Neil, Chris RW
Phillips, Chris D
Ruutu, Jarkko LW
Schubert, Christoph LW
Smith, Jason D
Spezza, Jason C
Vermette, Antoine LW

Some of these have NTCs, and would have to agree to be moved - this they might do if the target team is a cup contender that treats players relatively well.

Some of the players don't have much value, but this doesn't mean that the Sens would be willing to take on salary to get some junk back in return.

HSF 12-17-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen (Post 16863142)
If the Sens are sellers the following will be available for the right price and arrangement:

Auld, Alex G
Bell, Brendan D
Donovan, Shean RW
Fisher, Mike C
Gerber, Martin G
Kelly, Chris C
Kuba, Filip D
Neil, Chris RW
Phillips, Chris D
Ruutu, Jarkko LW
Schubert, Christoph LW
Smith, Jason D
Spezza, Jason C
Vermette, Antoine LW

Some of these have NTCs, and would have to agree to be moved - this they might do if the target team is a cup contender that treats players relatively well.

Some of the players don't have much value, but this doesn't mean that the Sens would be willing to take on salary to get some junk back in return.

Auld isnt moving, Phillips isnt moving, Fisher isnt moving, and Spezza only moves if someone offers something that will set us up for the future which ,may only happen in the offseason